Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    i don't want to sign bourn for $15m.

i hope he does grow as a player. but based on who is he now and how he projects worley and may seems way too steep to me. i would be fine if the deal was just worley and we went out and got a productive corner outfielder. but you don't just throw in your #2 prospect. just seems like another example of rube overpaying.
    4th starter and AA prospect is a perfectly reasonable return for a 24-yo everyday CF with 3 yrs. of team control. It's not steep in the least.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    4th starter and AA prospect is a perfectly reasonable return for a 24-yo everyday CF with 3 yrs. of team control. It's not steep in the least.
    It certainly is. The guy doesn't draw walks, doesn't have a great on base percentage, and has absolutely no arm in the outfield. He's a younger version of Juan Pierre. It's too much to give up. He overpaid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy553 View Post
    How do you know they even spend the money elsewhere? Who knows. I assume they are close to the luxury tax as is.
    I don't. But I do know they absolutely can't spend it if they don't have it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by borgcr01 View Post
    True but one great season out of 5...we could go back and forth all day. I think I'd rather see him put up some more consistency and stay healthy before spending the money on Ellsbury.

Ellsbury is absolutely the better player than Revere. However, Revere + 8 million dollars spent somewhere else + a cheaper contract in future years is debatable.
    i hear you. ellsbury would potentially be a one year player, then you would have to resign him (and he is a boras client). and he has been injury prone. i just really like his upside. definitely much more risk in that move.

vCash
    It certainly is. The guy doesn't draw walks, doesn't have a great on base percentage, and has absolutely no arm in the outfield. He's a younger version of Juan Pierre. It's too much to give up. He overpaid.
    agree. and the fact that may was in AA doesn't matter. your best prospect could be in A ball.

vCash
    There's no doubt Atlanta drove the price up as well they were supposedly in on Revere. So not only did they steal Upton from us but forced our hand in that trade a bit.

vCash
    If the Michael Young trade goes through then I love this trade as well. We are getting an everyday 3rd baseman and an everyday centerfielder for a grand total of $8.5 million. To put that into context: if we had signed Kevin Youkilis for what he's reportedly getting offered and Michael Bourn for what he's reportedly asking for that would be a total of at least $27 million. I don't think the second pair is worth $20 million more than the first pair. This leaves us plenty of money to go after a corner outfielder with some pop (Swisher, Ross, Willingham) and a setup man (Adams, Myers, K-Rod). We could still have some flexibility during the season or we could get a veteran starter to replace Worley in the rotation.

I give Ruben credit for making the smart, smaller moves, rather than joining the insanity that is the 2012 offseason. Victorino for $13 millino? Upton for $15 million. The prices are ridiculous.

vCash
    Gargano says they want Cody Ross

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectrumDweller View Post
    If the Michael Young trade goes through then I love this trade as well. We are getting an everyday 3rd baseman and an everyday centerfielder for a grand total of $8.5 million. To put that into context: if we had signed Kevin Youkilis for what he's reportedly getting offered and Michael Bourn for what he's reportedly asking for that would be a total of at least $27 million. I don't think the second pair is worth $20 million more than the first pair. This leaves us plenty of money to go after a corner outfielder with some pop (Swisher, Ross, Willingham) and a setup man (Adams, Myers, K-Rod). We could still have some flexibility during the season or we could get a veteran starter to replace Worley in the rotation.

I give Ruben credit for making the smart, smaller moves, rather than joining the insanity that is the 2012 offseason. Victorino for $13 millino? Upton for $15 million. The prices are ridiculous.
    I agree on that front. I would love Willingham but I think he will end up costing quite a few prospects too. We shall see how the rest of the off-season plays out but I just think the price was a bit steep in terms of players going back to the Twins.

vCash
    There will be no convincing some that this is a good trade so I shan't bother.

Personally, all the "young Pierre" talk is ok with me; Pierre terrorized the NL for most of his prime.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    I hope young accepts i am hearing texas said accept trade to phillie or be a 2nd stringer here.. but from what i hear he doesnt want to waive his NTC to here.. INTERESTING

Sports fans check out my website www.teamtakeum.com NFL ATS picks posted here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    There will be no convincing some that this is a good trade so I shan't bother.

Personally, all the "young Pierre" talk is ok with me; Pierre terrorized the NL for most of his prime.
    I don't mind Revere...cost was to much though.

Saying "May is just a prospect...who knows if he'll pan out" is flawed thinking IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    I don't mind Revere...cost was to much though.

Saying "May is just a prospect...who knows if he'll pan out" is flawed thinking IMO.
    Totally agree. I think he will be a number 2 starter at the very least.

vCash
    Totally agree. I think he will be a number 2 starter at the very least.
    also agree. don't hate the revere. just don't like the price. rube still has a lot of work to do.

Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast