Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    i understand that. but ellsbury is a mvp caliber player. guy hit 32 hr, drove in 105 runs with a .928 ops a couple of years ago.
    And before that he never had higher than .770 OPS and 9 HR

vCash
    i understand that. but ellsbury is a mvp caliber player. guy hit 32 hr, drove in 105 runs with a .928 ops a couple of years ago.
    For one year in his career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba17 View Post
    I really dont understand all of the complaining. We have been looking to get younger, looking for a new leadoff hitter, and looking for a better OF. We just got all of them, in a person who is going to be really cheap. Sure we gave up May and Worley. Worley is easily replaceable, and May had an awful year. Remember when everyone was mad when we traded Kyle Drabek? Hows he doing..

May has potential, but its just that. He needs to work on his control before he is going to be a top of the rotation guy. I like the move, especially since it frees up money to fill other spots.
    I don't think anybody was that mad we traded Drabek. We got back at the time arguably the best pitcher in the game. That's a poor comparison. May has a real high upside and we get back a slap hitter dime a dozen type guy. I don't know I don't like the deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    The most concerning thing about Revere is that he doesnt walk...AT ALL...only 29 BB in 553 PAs. So batting him leadoff would be scary considering how much people complain about Jimmy Rollins not walking (62 last year)
    right. i think that is the issue. we all understand he is cost controlled and is very solid defensively and potentially will hit for a high average. but is has no power at all. is strictly a singles hitter and he doesn't that much for that type of player. if he had great plate discipline, it would be a totally different story.

the price seems steep for a guy with a juan pierre ceiling.

vCash
    It's a good trade. This is how you get younger and cheaper, you give up guys.

Vanimal will have a great year in the AL because no one's ever seen him, then they'll figure him out, just like they were doing in the NL.

May? Who knows. But so far none of the guys we've given up the last few years have come back to haunt us.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by borgcr01 View Post
    For one year in his career.
    he's only been in the league for 5 years. career .791 ops.

vCash
    Everyone is talking about the potential of May and how he can be great. Revere is only 24. He still has plenty of time to grow, and work on plate discipline.

vCash
    I'm sorry, is Bourne not a slap hitter? You want to pay a guy $15M more for a higher OB% and a schooch more power? Revere is 24, still has room to grow as a player.
    [

vCash
    Jinx!
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I'm sorry, is Bourne not a slap hitter? You want to pay a guy $15M more for a higher OB% and a schooch more power? Revere is 24, still has room to grow as a player.
    Never said I wanted Bourn. I would not have minded either of the Uptons other than that wasn't a lot out there that really is a difference maker besides the big fish Hamilton which I don't think was ever realistic.

vCash
    Who ever wanted Michael Bourn back??? I like Revere, I just think he is and always will be just a speed slap hitter. As for May, he has a extremely high flame out rate so I dont mind giving him up at all because I doubt he ever makes it as a starter (but now Im really hoping he doesnt).
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    i don't want to sign bourn for $15m.

i hope he does grow as a player. but based on who is he now and how he projects worley and may seems way too steep to me. i would be fine if the deal was just worley and we went out and got a productive corner outfielder. but you don't just throw in your #2 prospect. just seems like another example of rube overpaying.

vCash
    he's only been in the league for 5 years. career .791 ops.
    True but one great season out of 5...we could go back and forth all day. I think I'd rather see him put up some more consistency and stay healthy before spending the money on Ellsbury.

Ellsbury is absolutely the better player than Revere. However, Revere + 8 million dollars spent somewhere else + a cheaper contract in future years is debatable.

vCash
    The you was a general "you", as in the royal "we", not aimed at anyone specific.

Young & Ichiro?
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by borgcr01 View Post
    True but one great season out of 5...we could go back and forth all day. I think I'd rather see him put up some more consistency and stay healthy before spending the money on Ellsbury.

Ellsbury is absolutely the better player than Revere. However, Revere + 8 million dollars spent somewhere else + a cheaper contract in future years is debatable.
    How do you know they even spend the money elsewhere? Who knows. I assume they are close to the luxury tax as is.

Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast