Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Is it possible to tone down the dickishness in replies to those who are simply posing questions/ scenarios? Not everyone (myself included) has an encyclopedic knowledge of baseball minutia.

Also, I'm pretty sure that's the incorrect spelling of minutia, but that's what spell-check gave me, so... there you go.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    Per Jim Bowden, Nick Swisher's suitors are down to the Phillies, Mariners and Indians...interesting. Just saw it on MLBTV.
    Phillies/Eagles/Flyers/Sixers/Union/Arsenal

vCash
    Very interesting if true. You would think he would rather play in Philly for whatever reason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Very interesting if true. You would think he would rather play in Philly for whatever reason
    I heard he wants left coast due to the girfriend or wife or whatever. He dates an actress or something...he really wanted SF prior to the Pagen signing.

vCash
    I agree, can't find a link though. I guess I wouldn't mind him for the right price.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael6BT View Post
    I heard he wants left coast due to the girfriend or wife or whatever. He dates an actress or something...he really wanted SF prior to the Pagen signing.
    Makes sense.

Per MLBTR
    Mariners, Phillies, Rangers Interested In Ibanez
    By Luke Adams [December 5, 2012 at 3:53pm CST]

The Yankees missed out on a couple of their free agent targets today when Jeff Keppinger and Eric Chavez agreed to deals with the White Sox and Diamondbacks respectively. Now, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports (via Twitter) that the Yanks could lose out on another free agent, as postseason hero Raul Ibanez is drawing interest from the Mariners, Phillies, and Rangers.

We heard back in November that there was mutual interest in a reunion between the Yankees and Ibanez. However, a report earlier today suggested that the Mariners were pushing hard for the veteran, with New York not moving as aggressively. Ibanez has history in Seattle and Philadelphia, as well as New York.

The Yanks have talked to Ibanez's agent in Nashville, GM Brian Cashman confirmed last night.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...HaxxTstV4jK.99
    FHOFRI!!!!

vCash
    Ibanez...that would be a pathetic move
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    Wouldn't hate Swisher. Tagged as a great clubhouse guy.

vCash
    He seems like a douchebag to me but that really doesn't matter if he can hit and play the ball of bases

vCash
    Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. is past the tire-kicking stage on Bourn, tweets Yahoo's Jeff Passan, and is trying to gauge price. Boras needs the Phillies more than they need Bourn, in my opinion, because the Phils still have plenty of ways to stock their outfield.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#1XUMwaMf64BYLh4R.99
    hmm..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    He seems like a douchebag to me but that really doesn't matter if he can hit and play the ball of bases
    He sure does, he always has that *****ty grin on his face.

At this point I really have no clue who the Phils are going to sign to play the OF. They seem to be all over the board and linked to every FA left, Bourn, Swisher, Hamilton, Ichiro etc. I feel as though they won't be trading for an OF though, IMO, they will go the FA course.

vCash
    I am all for them signing Swisher and Youklis. They need some vets that are proven hitters in the lineup.

vCash
    Swisher strikes me as a Dykstra-type; a total @$$hole you hate but adore once he's on your squad. Wouldn't mind him on a 3-yr. deal.

I like Youk, too, but there's been no Phillies buzz around him in recent days.

Swisher, Youk, Ruf/ Brown in LF, Adams, done.
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Swisher strikes me as a Dykstra-type; a total @$$hole you hate but adore once he's on your squad. Wouldn't mind him on a 3-yr. deal.
    If he sucks as hard in the playoffs for the Phillies as he did for the Yankees, there probably won't be too much love for him.

Of course, we'd have gotten to the playoffs in this scenario. Which is nice.

vCash
    ^Yeah.
    [

Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast