Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Not sure if I would want Ruf hitting 4th. If I have anyone hitting 4th, its Utley(assuming we dont add any big bat in the offseason.) I dont want an unproven player hitting in the most important position in the lineup
    Isn't your best hitter supposed to hit 3rd?

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    Assuming Ruiz can come close to his numbers this year, yeah Ruiz 4th

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc_Wr3aker View Post
    Isn't your best hitter supposed to hit 3rd?
    For lineup optimization you want your best hitter hitting 4th. You want them hitting 4th because ideally they get the most opportunities with runners on base. Its something like, 4th should be your best all around player with 1st and 2nd and 5th being the other top 4 hitters.

You dont really want your best hitter hitting in a spot where the situation could be no men on and 2 outs.

Maybe Im hanging in the MLB forum too much, but I've read a few FG articles supporting this
    Last edited by sexicano31; 10-03-2012 at 08:21 PM.

vCash
    I'm looking forward to this offseason because I can't even begin to think what RAJ will pull off. Part of me thinks he is pissed bc we under achieved this year and will go out and hand out fat contracts (ie Hamilton) but then there is part of me that thinks he will see that we started to play well at the end of the year with what we had and just fill a couple small holes and use what we have. Who knows.
    Phillies/Eagles/Flyers/Sixers/Union/Arsenal

vCash
    What pick do we have?

vCash
    Wont lie his contract would be Horrid but Hamilton would be fun

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Honestly, anyone who would give him anymore than 3 guaranteed years is crazy

vCash
    If a kid kid hit a kid can hit, who cares how untested he is? Trout was untested and he did ok. Howard came of a 38 HR minor league season, hit 22 in 1/2 a season to win ROY, then hit 58.

Though obviously, it's a post I made, first in about a month, so Sexi must take some kind of issues with it. Yay, PSD!
    Last edited by Ender; 10-03-2012 at 08:52 PM. Reason: typo
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    the difference is Howard and Trout were top 30 and top 2 prospects respectively. Ruf never did anything until he was older than the competition in the minors.

You are seriously a child if you think I have some kind of vendetta against you. It's stupid to hit a guy like Ruf in the most important position in the lineup

vCash
    The Phillies need to bring the hunger and fight back to this team. To watch a team like Oakland storming back and winning the AL West makes me see how apathetic our team is. There is too much of a business mentality in that clubhouse right now. We need a Johnny Gomes or Nick Swisher type player to light a fire under some of these players.

vCash
    I lik Brown on RF and Ruf on LF.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    the difference is Howard and Trout were top 30 and top 2 prospects respectively. Ruf never did anything until he was older than the competition in the minors.

You are seriously a child if you think I have some kind of vendetta against you. It's stupid to hit a guy like Ruf in the most important position in the lineup
    Not comparing Trout and Ruf. I'm comparing Howard and Ruf, both of whom were/ are late bloomers. Trout statement only meant to point out it means very little how much seasoning someone has if they can hit.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/200...your-lineup-by

It goes...

2nd
    4th
    1st
    5th
    3rd
    6th

It also breaks down

1 - best OBP
    2 - best hitter
    3 - 3rd best power hitter*
    4 - best power hitter
    5 - second best power hitter

*when I say best power hitter, I don't just mean raw home run totals. It's some combination of ability to hit home runs combined with being a good hitter in general.

Which is why I say

Utley
    Ruiz
    Howard
    Headley (they have to pay whatever it takes for him)
    Rollins

Based on players we actually have, you could also easily do...

Ruiz
    Utley
    Ruf
    Howard
    Last edited by The A Team; 10-04-2012 at 08:12 AM.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    For lineup optimization you want your best hitter hitting 4th. You want them hitting 4th because ideally they get the most opportunities with runners on base. Its something like, 4th should be your best all around player with 1st and 2nd and 5th being the other top 4 hitters.

You dont really want your best hitter hitting in a spot where the situation could be no men on and 2 outs.

Maybe Im hanging in the MLB forum too much, but I've read a few FG articles supporting this
    Ah I see. I remember doing a redraft and people were doing that line-up optimization thing, and remember them putting their best hitter 2nd, as A-Team just posted

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    I would like to see the phillies trade for Headley, then go after maybe Ichiro or Pagan since they will be free agents after this season. And as for our bullpen, I would love to see Madson back as the setup man for Paplebon, and maybe get the likes of Mike Adams, Carrasco, or Mark Lowe. What do you think?

My lineup

Rollins
    Ichiro,Pagan
    Utley
    Headley
    Howard
    Ruiz
    Ruf
    Brown
    Last edited by jhquil1; 10-04-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast