Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Dream offseason ?

Justin Upton for Dom Brown, Vance Worley, Cameron Rupp and Daniel Ruff( Prolly Need More)
    Sign Melky Cabrea 1 year 5M with team option
    Shane Victorino 2 years 10M deal

Forget all this talk about Arod - NO THANKS PLEASE NO

Erik Bedard , Ryan Dempster, Jonathan Sanchez, Fransico Lirano One of them to fill Worley if they not gonna spend big on SP then Names Like Grenke and Haren come into Play

^But dont think Lirano is a FA

Ryan Madson 1year 4M with Option
    Hisanori Takahashi 1year 1.5M

1- Jimmy Rollins SS
    2- Melky Cabrea LF
    3- Chase Utley 2b
    4- Ryan Howard 1b
    5- Justin Upton RF
    6- Carlos Ruiz C
    7- Shane Victorino CF
    8- Kevin Franson/Polanco or Cheap Guy

Doc
    Cole
    Cliff
    One of them from above
    Kendrick or anther cheap SP

Hisanori Takahashi
    Ryan Madson
    Micheal Stutes
    Antonio Bastardo
    Jonthan Paps
    Josh Lindblom
    Justin De Fratus
    Phillippe Aumont

Something like that, we are loaded with young RP so we can makes moves

and be very active in Internation FA but that wont happen so

Thoughts???

vCash
    Switch Jupton with Howard in the lineup and drop him to 6th and boom

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Switch Jupton with Howard in the lineup and drop him to 6th and boom
    good point, u like what i feel we need to do? and what SP do u think we can get and hhow much?

vCash
    I would love a dirt cheap Sanchez on a one year deal. Same with Liriano. It's worth a shot.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    y not right Worth a shot

vCash
    Shohei Otani get this 18 year old Japaneese Stud

(FA, Trades and International) Colby Rasmus, Ricky Romero, Sin soo choo, Rafeal Perez, Ubaldo jiminez, Justin Materson, Chase Headley ,

- Marco Scutaro, Jeff Keppinger, Maicer Izturis Reed Johnson, Juan Pierre, Delmon Young, Grady Siezmore,Francisco Cordero , Luis Ayala, Chad Durban

-http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2012/index.jsp?c_id=phi

All these guys are cheaper options the phillies could add and hope they add these prospectss

Thoughts on all????

vCash
    That second list is pretty nauseating.

My only other comment is that you seem to be attaching 2002 prices to players. All of the numbers you bandied about are less than half what those players will sign for.

edit: Actually, it's probably also worth mentioning that the guys on the prospect list you linked to cost between 3 and 5 times their actual value. For example, Jurrickson Profar would cost more than Justin Upton although he's probably worth a sliver less empirically.
    Last edited by The A Team; 10-24-2012 at 07:40 AM.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    I'll pass on blowing our IFA load on one Japanese pitcher

vCash
    It's an interesting place to be. Most teams have already spent most of their money so only a few can make a remotely competitive offer. Given what's left on the IFA market for this calendar year, I think it makes sense to go after him. He's a mid to late first round type talent according to scouts and the better international FA's have generally been signed.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    Wouldnt his velocity also drop from switching to a bigger ball as well?

vCash
    That said, the Phillies are one of the teams that have spent a few dollars, so I don't see this as a possibility for them. Just generally speaking it makes sense to go after him.

It's like using #1 waiver in fantasy. You know that you might miss out on someone you want later, but you also know you could end up with nothing. Better to take something and regret it later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Wouldnt his velocity also drop from switching to a bigger ball as well?
    I haven't seen any data on that. Several Nippon league teams use or used major league balls while other use smaller balls. So a large amount of data exists on the topic. Ask Dan Brooks or Harry Pavlidis on Twitter.

Reasoning it out, I'm not sure the size difference would create enough friction with air to have a sizable effect. I'd expect that movement would be more greatly affected than velocity. That's my hypothesis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    I haven't seen any data on that. Several Nippon league teams use or used major league balls while other use smaller balls. So a large amount of data exists on the topic. Ask Dan Brooks or Harry Pavlidis on Twitter.

Reasoning it out, I'm not sure the size difference would create enough friction with air to have a sizable effect. I'd expect that movement would be more greatly affected than velocity. That's my hypothesis.
    Wasnt Darvish sitting at 95-96 in Japan last year while touching 98 and sat at 92-94 and topping out at 96 this year? Thought I read that

vCash
    Could be. That's an anecdote though.

vCash
    yea about darvish and bigger ball less speed, but this kid is 18 years old his body is growing and hes like 6 3 6 4

Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast