Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Where does Hamilton hit in the lineup if we sign him?
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    3rd or 4th. In front of Howard.

The problem with signing Hamilton is that they're almost forced to sign a RH corner OF or let Ruf have a long leash. You have to put a pair of righties somewhere in the Utley-Hamilton-Howard cluster just to take advantage of LOOGYs late in the game. Chooch is one of them, but nobody else internal fits the need.

I'd aim at something like Utley-Chooch-Hamilton-Ruf (or signee)-Howard-Rollins-Brown-Frandsen.

Obviously, there are a lot of moving/platooby parts in that lineup so Charlie would have to do some thinking.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    If we signed Hamilton, I'd attempt to trade for Denard Span or Dexter Fowler for center field and do something like this:

Span/Fowler
    Utley
    Rollins
    Hamilton
    Howard
    Ruf
    Kratz
    Galivs/Frandsen

vCash
    I'd be partial to using Hamilton in CF for the first year or two while looking for true alternatives. The asking prices on Span and Fowler sounds a little crazy. They're both fine major league players, yet their skill set is barely better than a Rich Thompson type.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    3rd or 4th. In front of Howard.

The problem with signing Hamilton is that they're almost forced to sign a RH corner OF or let Ruf have a long leash. You have to put a pair of righties somewhere in the Utley-Hamilton-Howard cluster just to take advantage of LOOGYs late in the game. Chooch is one of them, but nobody else internal fits the need.

I'd aim at something like Utley-Chooch-Hamilton-Ruf (or signee)-Howard-Rollins-Brown-Frandsen.

Obviously, there are a lot of moving/platooby parts in that lineup so Charlie would have to do some thinking.
    Agreed. I could definitely see Utley leading off. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rollins hit 2nd though and have it:

Utley
    Rollins
    Hamilton
    Howard
    Ruiz
    Brown
    Ruf
    Frandsen

However if Rollins is taken out of the leadoff spot I could definitely see Howard finally taken out of the cleanup spot. Those two are almost entrenched in those two spots.

vCash
    ‏@mlbbowman
    The Phillies were the first to express interest in B.J. Upton. But their best offer was five years for $55 million. #Braves
    This gives me a little comfort that RAJ may be learning from prior mistakes. Not worth overpaying for anyone.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Nats just got Span From the Twins

vCash
    Since that takes another team out of the CF race, I'd rather the PHillies overpay a little for Hamilton before getting stuck with Bourn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

vCash

Offseason Thread

IF we do take the Hamilton route, would anyone be opposed to Victorino returning? actually now that i typed that out i realized our line up will be a cluster **** of left handed batters and a switch hitter that flys out. well lets cut to the chase, we need two Ofers imo. hypothetically we sign Hamilton. we basically got Vic, Ross, Pagan, Swisher to choose from. i know who i would want to sign. i just want to see if were all on the same page.

edit: in the event we do sign two Ofers i wouldnt even mind Frandsen and Galvis platooning 3rd for the season.
    Last edited by BigLee53; 11-29-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Phillies Redskins Flyers

vCash
    I hope Amaro stays patient and lets the market for Bourn and Hamilton play out for a while. One of them could come very cheap as more teams fill their holes in center. Same goes for Pagan..

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    I'm a no in any configuration on Vic. Sorry, he had his time here. Let's move on. His last season was dispirited, at best. He didn't perform well in LA. No reason to believe he'll get better.

I'd rather throw a bunch of Pierre-type guys against the wall and see what sticks.

But I want Hamilton. Always have. He'd be absolutely sick in CBP.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    The Offseason is always hilarious.
    So much money handed out in the funniest manner.
    Personally, Upton contract is pretty funny, Hamilton's asking price is too funny, but its the offseason.
    I want Hamilton though...

Like the Mets situation right now.
    Wright wants 120+mil, and most likely will get that contract. He's controlled so he takes the contract, but he would live up to that contract on a better equipped team, and his contract makes better sense. Like us dammit! The offseason is just owners flopping chips on a poker table in a sense. It's great to watch, but its Jeopardy when its happening to your team.

vCash
    I an ok with josh...i mean that name alone invites awesomeness
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    I am all for Hamilton for a few reasons. First, Howard hasn't really produced big for a few years. Secondly, Chase is all but done. He has one more year left at 15m. ANd who knows if he can and will play after that, especially for less money. This lineup had no punch last year. Ruf, Hamilton and platoon in RF can work for the outfield. Just say no to Bourne, he isn't worth the money. ANd honestly, BJ wasn't worth the 15m per also. The guy bats .240. If you can sign Pagan and Hamilton i am good. And then don't worry about 3rd base. But if you don't get Hamilton and Pagan. Youk has to be signed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSF View Post
    I am all for Hamilton for a few reasons. First, Howard hasn't really produced big for a few years. Secondly, Chase is all but done. He has one more year left at 15m. ANd who knows if he can and will play after that, especially for less money. This lineup had no punch last year. Ruf, Hamilton and platoon in RF can work for the outfield. Just say no to Bourne, he isn't worth the money. ANd honestly, BJ wasn't worth the 15m per also. The guy bats .240. If you can sign Pagan and Hamilton i am good. And then don't worry about 3rd base. But if you don't get Hamilton and Pagan. Youk has to be signed.
    I understand some of your points here, but your point on Utley is very far off base. He is in no way "all but done". Yes, his knees are a valid concern moving forward and have to be managed because its not a curable condition at this point. But please go back and look at the stats he put up last year and project them over a full season before you write him off. My impression is that he will absolutely take less money to stay here considering how great the team has been with his knee condition and playing less time a season.

Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast