Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arod

vCash

Arod

After Kobe has now reached out to Arod; what are the real possibilities that he makes the move to LA

What is the Yankees cam calling and Offered Arod; Gardner for Crawford and Puig

With the Outfield Locked Up by Eithier and Kemp adding the speedy Gardner to the team; with his cost controlled contract could be beneficial for the Dodgers. Along with that AROD is still a top 5 third baseman in the league; and with all indications he will be healthy this season; a move out of New York will surely benefit him.

AROD and Crawford will make about the same money for the next five seasons
    Puig becomes expendable with all three outfield positions filled and no DH in the NL

The Yankees will make the trade since they hate AROD at this point; Crawford and Puig can slot in their Outfield; its a real win for both teams
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

vCash
    No F'N Way.

ARod is poisonous, sucks in the playoffs, can't seem to stay healthy, is a shell of his old self and seems prone to long slumps.

At this point, Crawford is the best player in that deal, and Puig will become the best player in the deal.

Yankees give up a leadoff hitter for a potentially far better leadoff hitter, and a broken down 3B for our potentially great prospect?
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 10-17-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

vCash
    I really didn't read much beyond the thread title... but I wouldn't want him... he's toast. Though tbh I wouldn't put it past this new management to try to get him if he became available.

vCash
    He's still better than average offensively despite being over the hill. But he's extremely expensive and we're better off sticking with Cruz for the mean time.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindystud36 View Post
    After Kobe has now reached out to Arod; what are the real possibilities that he makes the move to LA

What is the Yankees cam calling and Offered Arod; Gardner for Crawford and Puig

With the Outfield Locked Up by Eithier and Kemp adding the speedy Gardner to the team; with his cost controlled contract could be beneficial for the Dodgers. Along with that AROD is still a top 5 third baseman in the league; and with all indications he will be healthy this season; a move out of New York will surely benefit him.

AROD and Crawford will make about the same money for the next five seasons
    Puig becomes expendable with all three outfield positions filled and no DH in the NL

The Yankees will make the trade since they hate AROD at this point; Crawford and Puig can slot in their Outfield; its a real win for both teams
    Nobody is going to give you Puig for a washed up 38 year old who has 5 years left on his contract. And it would be stupid to trade a 31 year old Crawfor for A rod, the contract is about the same, but Crawford is only 31 A rod is about to be 38. No thanks, you guys are going to have to eat 95% of his contract to get rid of him.

vCash
    As everybody, I want to stay away from A Rod, just stupid, even at half of his salary ($12.5M ?)
    He's just unlucky he can not use streroids anymore. Can't he really ? At 37, Bonds hit 73 juiced HRs, he would have hit over 100 3 years in a row at 37,38 and 39 without the BBs. What a relief MLB decided to stop to compete with the WWE !
    Then I would love you to be right but I think everybody is over optimistic with Crawford who is supposed to be back in May and batted .240 something when healthy 2 years ago.
    Then Puig can be a new Matt Kemp... or never make into the Majors. The "Billy Ashley sickness"
    10-4 record at Dodger stadium !
    1-0 road record

vCash
    Wait, you're serious?

http://youtu.be/NIgfiSzCy1o

vCash
    He's the highest paid player and is 37 years old, declining fast and is getting benched in the postseason while being healthy on a team full of injuries.

Hell No
    5>2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    No F'N Way.

ARod is poisonous, sucks in the playoffs, can't seem to stay healthy, is a shell of his old self and seems prone to long slumps.

At this point, Crawford is the best player in that deal, and Puig will become the best player in the deal.

Yankees give up a leadoff hitter for a potentially far better leadoff hitter, and a broken down 3B for our potentially great prospect?
    That's one thing LA would't have to worry about, A-Rod can't suck in the playoffs if his team never makes it.

vCash
    no

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    If ARod is traded the team reciveing him will not be giving up prospects, let alone top prospects, the Yanks wanna dump him, the trade would involve money

Edit- PSD is glitching so I'm not sure if this is the 2nd time I've posted a response

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    If ARod is traded the team reciveing him will not be giving up prospects, let alone top prospects, the Yanks wanna dump him, the trade would involve money

Edit- PSD is glitching so I'm not sure if this is the 2nd time I've posted a response
    How can you say that after the trade Ned just made in August?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rcs15 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post

How can you say that after the trade Ned just made in August?
    Sour grapes, anyone?
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

vCash
    That contract would have to be eaten considerably for me to be even thinking about it. I dont know that he is worth even 10 mil a season. His age and production concern me. In any deal though, I wouldnt give up any top prospects. THe dude is 37. lol. He is signed until he is 42-43. I am just not seeing the risk/reward here in our favor.

vCash
    I'm down for an A-Rod, Carl Crawford swap but nothing else. That would re-unblock Puig or Pederson. Even that isn't really a great trade as we would be locked in to a pretty bad and old left side of the IF. Cruz is probably better than A-Rod right now all things considered. Crawford is a more toxic contract IMO because he's blocking Puig and Pederson.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast