The purpose of this thread is to see if I am delusional or if I am onto something here. I don't want to create a Giants vs Dodgers bickering thread (I have seen a few Giants posters in here recently). Thx.
Top 10 reasons why Marco "Scutaroid" is using PED's. Decide for yourself.
(1) Since he entered the league as a full time player in 2004, his average by year is as follows: .273, .247, .266, .260, .267, .282, .299, .306 (2012)
(2) Since Joining the Giants midseason - 60 games: .363, 44 RBI, 3 HR
(3) The first 95 games of 2012 he was with the Rockies and hit .271, 30 RBI, 4HR (best hitters park in America)
(4) He is turning 37 years old this month
(5) This is the final year of his current contract
(6) Perfect timing - if he gets caught...who cares? he has an "early" retirement at 37, BUT, if he doesn't get caught, he gets paid 1 more contract - and a lot of $$ - he is #9 in the NL in average
(7) Perfect Place - Everyone knows it is not hard to find PED's in San Francisco! The MLB has a pretty spotty drug testing policy. Maybe players get tested twice a year, and not every player. Where's the last place the league would look? A team that had 2 people get suspended (Cabrera, Mota), the league prob thinks no one on the Giants would dare use PED's.
(8) Perfect Team - Just joined the team, no one knows him, so any changes wouldnt be noticed
(9) Scutaro joined the team in the midst of a competitive division race, and was added as a utility player to fill in for Sandoval. He could have easily become a bench player instead of an everyday starter if he didnt play very well.
(10) During the month of September, Scutaro hit .402 - the best in the Major Leagues by a lot.
So you do the math... but I have never seen anyone have the best stretch of their career 1 month before they turn 37. I have been trying to ignore this, but I'm tired of these cheaters and how they always end up on the Giants.