Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who Will Average More Per Game?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evan Turner

20 74.07%
  • Jason Richardson

7 25.93%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Im gonna have to say Turner on this. I feel that Evan will attack the basket more this season with some decent screens finally and will have a different mentality with Iggy out of the way. Wright should see plenty of minutes and come up with about 12ppg for us. J-Rich around the 11ppg mark and Nick Young to play about 15 games before his game gets frustrating and finds himself in Doug's doghouse. (Never liked the dude) No D no mins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    That's not what I said. Recent trend is acknowledged. Rich still scores more. Less than he historically scored; more than Evan will score. I can't be any clearer. And so I shant be.
    Go back and read through the thread then tell me with a straight face you didn't say his decline was 'irrelevant'.
    Again, what basis do you have for predicting that he'll jump to 14ppg? Moreover, what basis do you have for thinking his minutes will be high enough, and his decline slow enough, that he'll drop less than the 0.2ppg you're predicting he'll need to go from last year's scoring average of 11.6 to below the 11.5 you're expecting of ET?
    You're acknowledging the effect of trend and decline and roles and the glut of similar players, but that it'll all add up to a decrease of less than 0.2ppg?

No I didn't. Come on, man. I'm arguing with your point that no one says Evan will score more than 14.

And you are wrong. W-w-w-w-w-rong.
    That was what I said in the previous post - what were you arguing with me about in all the posts before that?
    And I acknowledged that I was wrong about that because I didn't read those other threads/posts.

You used the 1 to explain how Evan will score more than maybe I give him credit for. I acknowledge, as any Basketball Man would, that playing the one won't impact his scoring numbers in any significant manner.

No kidding. I gave you more credit than to pick silly arguments like that.
    My point was (quite clearly) that playing additional minutes at the one will likely lead to more scoring than if he didn't play those additional minutes at the one.
    I'm not talking about getting more minutes at the one and less at the two, and I'm not saying the one is a higher scoring position (which I think is what you're suggesting I meant?), I'm saying the fact he'll play the one and JRich won't will mean he has an advantage in terms of getting more minutes and more opportunities to score.

You mean like he did with Evan last year?

Hahaha. Of course he is not excluded from that eventually either.

Especially since so much is expected.
    Yes, like he did with Evan last year, and like he'll likely do with ET this year. But again, as my whole point has been since my first post in this thread, that fact that he overlaps less with the other wings, and also plays the one while the others don't, means that he'll likely be less susceptible to this as he'll have an easier time differentiating himself and carving out a niche. It's a simple concept and one I've been pretty clear on - I'm not sure which part of it you disagree with - you even said yourself how important the difference in his and JRich's roles are.

vCash
    It's called common sense. Let me ask you: who would YOU assign to the other teams' best wing scorers?

For my part, I don't need Doug to state it publicly. (Of course, I might be missing something. Can you post the quotes where Doug DOES identify that player?)
    There are plenty of players in the league who guard the other teams best wing scorers and are also the leading scorer on their team. I'm not even suggesting Evan will be top 2 on the team...he might be the 3rd leading scorer..

Your belief that a player can't guard a teams best scorer and score 14-15 points is mind boggling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post

Your belief that a player can't guard a teams best scorer and score 14-15 points is mind boggling.

Silly goose. I didn't say that. (But I assume you know that.) I'm saying EVAN won't do that.

vCash
    I think Turner, really because I have a feeling and a hope that J-rich will not be in Philly long. If J-rich stays there he better tighten up his defense if not he wont get too many minutes. Last season the sixers depended on the bench but the bench played defense. This season it will mainly consist of J-rich N Young and rookies at those spots. It will be alot harder for J-rich to learn defense than it will for the young guys. If thats the case the team will get rid of all the senior citizens and just mold young guys.

vCash
    Since Evan will be relied on primarily for defense and rebounding...and Richardson's specific task will be scoring...I have to go with Jason on this. In several less minutes than Evan.

Thinking 14 PPG to 11.5 PPG

You?
    says who?

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    says who?
    I think that's probably a fair enough statement. JRich is certainly a scorer and not much else. ET is definitely more of a defender and rebounder than our other wings. Whether he's used 'primarily' as a defender and rebounder is the only bit you could really take issue with, but I think that's a close enough description of the way Doug has played him and talked about him in the past - you remember all the stuff about him having to get his own rebound to take it up the floor and what not. Depending on how the team develops that could change, and I think most of us (and likely Doug) are hoping he will develop his scoring and take a bigger role in that area, but until we see it change on the court I think that's a fair enough description of the way he's used. I guess I disagree with the certainty with which RP says that'll stay the same, but that's about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    I think that's probably a fair enough statement. JRich is certainly a scorer and not much else. ET is definitely more of a defender and rebounder than our other wings. Whether he's used 'primarily' as a defender and rebounder is the only bit you could really take issue with, but I think that's a close enough description of the way Doug has played him and talked about him in the past - you remember all the stuff about him having to get his own rebound to take it up the floor and what not. Depending on how the team develops that could change, and I think most of us (and likely Doug) are hoping he will develop his scoring and take a bigger role in that area, but until we see it change on the court I think that's a fair enough description of the way he's used. I guess I disagree with the certainty with which RP says that'll stay the same, but that's about it.

Fair enough and consistent with my expectations of your opinion. But if people don't believe what I say...they'd better name the player who WILL be assigned to the best wing scorers. No one has done that. Everyone is so FIXATED with "points!!!"

After all...it's a compliment to Evan, but no one wants to admit that or acknowledge it.

That's not objective, imo.

vCash
    The answer has to be Evan on this. Mostly because if the answer is not Evan then this team is in TROUBLE(for this year).

Theres plenty of Sixers fans(including me) that see this team with top 4 in the East potential. But that potential will be based solely on two factors in my opinion, both of equal importance. 1a being the health of Andrew Bynum. 1b being the rise(or lack there of) of Jrue and Evan.

In my opinion, for this team to be a top 4 seed this year, Jrue and Evan have to combine for averages of 30pts and 11asts per game. The further they are from that the worse the 2012-2013 Sixers will be. If Jrue makes the jump to 16.5 and 6.5(which he can do), that would leave Evan to be at 13.5 and 4.5 to get to those numbers. If thats the case this team is top 4 seed.

Back on the topic of the post, I cant see J-Rich averaging more than about 10 a game because I dont see him getting more than about 20-24 min a night with the depth on this team.

Bynum-19.5
    Holiday-16.5
    Turner-14
    T. Young-13.5
    N. Young-11
    Hawes-11
    J-Rich-10.5
    Wright-10

Thats how I see the main scoring for us this season. Obviously this is based on some injury time because were not going to have our top 8 guys all healthy and scoring 108pts per game for 82 games. But with Bynum likely missing 10-15 games realistically that leaves plenty of nights for the other 7 to pad their numbers when hes not in there.

vCash
    God I love when Holly beasts the hell out of people. Coach P isn't used to that. That's why he's ranked #1 in the power rankings.

And Nick Young is a better scorer than Richardson. I don't get the focus on Richardson. Wright will also average more ppg. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Richardson was buried on the bench come all star break.
    Last edited by Reptar; 10-04-2012 at 04:40 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KKell2507 View Post
    The answer has to be Evan on this. Mostly because if the answer is not Evan then this team is in TROUBLE(for this year).

Theres plenty of Sixers fans(including me) that see this team with top 4 in the East potential. But that potential will be based solely on two factors in my opinion, both of equal importance. 1a being the health of Andrew Bynum. 1b being the rise(or lack there of) of Jrue and Evan.

In my opinion, for this team to be a top 4 seed this year, Jrue and Evan have to combine for averages of 30pts and 11asts per game..

And one more time!

Everyone is so FIXATED with "points!!!"

There are 85 things good players can do to help a team. Scoring ****ing POINTS is one of them. Points will play a very small role in how I shape my opinion of Evan's progress and/or success this year.

He has plenty of other things to keep him busy.

vCash
    The title of this thread is "who will score more?". Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
    The title of this thread is "who will score more?". Lol
    so what

vCash
    That's why they are fixated with points?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
    That's why they are fixated with points?
    They were fixated long before this thread.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast