Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who Will Average More Per Game?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evan Turner

20 74.07%
  • Jason Richardson

7 25.93%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    7.4 rebounds, 4.1 assists, 3rd leading scorer. If stuffing isn't the adjective, do you prefer the more moderate "filling"?
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    for those of you keeping score (Ricky) ET is now scoring a full point more per game.

love what ET and JR have doing of late especially last night but had to bump this thread

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 78 Yards: 1,207 TD: 10

vCash
    In fairness, Jrich has been playing really well for us too. He is giving us 4 rpg, almost 2 steals a game, and is shooting 45% from 3.

edit: But yes, ET has been superb.
    Last edited by Knowledge; 12-01-2012 at 05:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    for those of you keeping score (Ricky) ET is now scoring a full point more per game.

love what ET and JR have doing of late especially last night but had to bump this thread
    He's only ahead if you count JRich's 2 minutes against New York as a game played, which really skews the numbers. If you don't count it then they're about the same.

vCash

Who Will Score More?

U cant discount that game forever tho.... Its only 1 out of 15 games, becomes less statistically significant every day. And turner is trending up as a scorer/playmaker in the offense while jrich is a role player whos only job is to hit open 3s

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Turner's shot doesnt look as flat as it was. He doesnt seem to be second guessing as much either. Guys found a rhytm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    He's only ahead if you count JRich's 2 minutes against New York as a game played, which really skews the numbers. If you don't count it then they're about the same.
    we all kno if it was ET who only played 2 min ricky would be ignoring it.

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 78 Yards: 1,207 TD: 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    RP,

Ill admit that i am very skiddish with jrich. Hes been around for a while, and ive never EVER liked his game.... Not even when he was a young dunker, and i even remember saying that golden state ****ed up by going with him over larry hughes.... Which is probably still true.

But im done hating on the guy, hes played well as a sixer, outside of maybe one or 2 games, he hasnt hurt us in any way, which i expected him to do. His defense isnt good, but its better than its probably ever been at any stage of his career before philly.

He still has an early trigger, and i dont love that, but he plays with an energy that i did not expect, or that ive ever seen before in his career.

Am i a jrich fan? No. But hes a sixer, hes not hurting us ( yet) so im done hating on the guy.

Its not like hes willie green.... And he doesnt dribble like an ******* like lou....
    Come on dude... thats taking it way too far.

2012 allstar

vCash

Who Will Score More?

Not really at all.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Not really at all.
    ...wow... you REALLY dont like J rich...

2012 allstar

vCash

Who Will Score More?

I think u dont remember that larry hughes was good. And an ace defender at guard.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I think u dont remember that larry hughes was good. And an ace defender at guard.
    I remember him just fine but all things considered J rich has had the better career and is also still around that alone says something.

2012 allstar

vCash

Who Will Score More?

Career, yes.

As for who was better 8-10 years ago when hughes was a healthy youngster.

Ill take hughes. The better defender, playmaker, ballhandler, and scorer.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    U cant discount that game forever tho.... Its only 1 out of 15 games, becomes less statistically significant every day. And turner is trending up as a scorer/playmaker in the offense while jrich is a role player whos only job is to hit open 3s
    Yeah but the point at which it becomes not statistically significant enough to discount is probably the point at which it isn't material to the argument any longer - so for now I'm keeping it in.

Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    we all kno if it was ET who only played 2 min ricky would be ignoring it.
    Maybe, I don't know, but I wouldn't ignore it for either, so I'm not.

vCash
    So, now that we're 30 games in...let's review:

JRich: He was brought in here to score a bit...add energy...and be a leader. That's really all that was expected of him. But his injuries have frustrated me and his FG% has been a real disappointment, especially of late...

But he's one of our few 'fiery' guys; and on a team with zero personality, an absence of heart most nights and no chippiness - at all - I think he's largely done what he came to do.

I'd sure like to see more in the next 50 however. Move the ball alot more...but keep those TO's down to the insanely low level you have been.

Evan: Ugh. While he may be winning this little poll at this particular time (by 3 points; just one long-range JRich bomb per game)...HE's here to score a bit, rebound (that's what makes him valuable to us) and defend. The latter has been a joke. Awful. Maybe the biggest disappointment I can remember in Philly sports in a long time. I mean, my God, when we drafted him I heard TONS about his defense. Putrid.

And now that his rebounding is barely above average (4.8 in his last 8 games!), I'm confused as to why we're seeing him get the amount of minutes he does. He plays seven more than JRich (no doubt contributing to the small points scored discrepancy); which isn't to say JRich deserves more (he doesn't)...but Evan HAS TO play less. Often he's hurting us out there with his nonexistent defense and clanking mid-range bricks. But he also turns it over 160% more than JRich (not a typo), 180% more than Swaggy and over TWICE as often as Wright. My God, man!

So now...all of a sudden...we're really not getting anything of value from Evan. 5 PPG in these last 3; barely more than his TO numbers for the same 3 games.

It will be interesting to see how this poll shifts once Evan enters Doug's doghouse. Because no doubt the pouting will set in and childlike mopey-ness will surely zap what little value we are getting.

A shame, really.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast