Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who Will Average More Per Game?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evan Turner

20 74.07%
  • Jason Richardson

7 25.93%
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    vCash
    Evan "seemingly broke out"? I gotta learn more about this sport.

vCash
    yes, yes u do need to learn more about the sport. Would be great if you could stop posting til that happens

vCash
    Turner won't be consistent for a while. Being so versatile is a gift and a curse. It's to early for him in his career to settle on one aspect of his game to hang his hat on. Though one reason specifically is he really wants to be a great scorer. Probably feels that he has the rebound thing down but wants to be a go to scorer. So he doesn't focus on it. Interestingly enough as his overall rebounding has gone down it appears from watching games that he's grabbing more o-boards, which is directly a product of wanting to score more.

As I stated, Evan will have some great scoring nights and some putrid ones. However he will help the team win because hell compensate in another area. Like his no field goal game he had 9 assist and 6 boards in a tough game.

It's the classic cliche of neither being as good or bad as he seems. He'll get iggy number plus a board minus an assist.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Turner won't be consistent for a while. Being so versatile is a gift and a curse. It's to early for him in his career to settle on one aspect of his game to hang his hat on. Though one reason specifically is he really wants to be a great scorer. Probably feels that he has the rebound thing down but wants to be a go to scorer. So he doesn't focus on it. Interestingly enough as his overall rebounding has gone down it appears from watching games that he's grabbing more o-boards, which is directly a product of wanting to score more.

As I stated, Evan will have some great scoring nights and some putrid ones. However he will help the team win because hell compensate in another area. Like his no field goal game he had 9 assist and 6 boards in a tough game.

It's the classic cliche of neither being as good or bad as he seems. He'll get iggy number plus a board minus an assist.

...minus the defense.

vCash
    Yes minus the defense, and 5 years of experience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Yes minus the defense, and 5 years of experience.

...yes...which is another negative.

vCash
    positive.... he makes 8 million less than iggy.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    positive.... he makes 8 million less than iggy.
    Allways about the money with you BC

2012 allstar

vCash
    ^ how is money not relevent?

if money was irrelevent in the NBA when talking about building a team and/or comparing players.... no one would be happier than me.

but unfortunately, thats not reality.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    No fan should care about money during the season. Concern yourself with potential vs. performance.

That's ALL that matters, to a fan, during a season.

vCash
    Ricky, it would be perfect if you finished off with a knee before zod. That's what I'm going to call you for now on. Ok general?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    No fan should care about money during the season. Concern yourself with potential vs. performance.

That's ALL that matters, to a fan, during a season.
    fine....they suck... they suck to watch. they all play bad basketball except thad and holiday... and every once in a while someone else will play good... more often than the others, its evan turner.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    So, now that we're 30 games in...let's review:

JRich: He was brought in here to score a bit...add energy...and be a leader. That's really all that was expected of him. But his injuries have frustrated me and his FG% has been a real disappointment, especially of late...

But he's one of our few 'fiery' guys; and on a team with zero personality, an absence of heart most nights and no chippiness - at all - I think he's largely done what he came to do.

I'd sure like to see more in the next 50 however. Move the ball alot more...but keep those TO's down to the insanely low level you have been.
    Yup, almost exactly as advertised. His numbers are almost eerily similar to last year.

He plays seven more than JRich (no doubt contributing to the small points scored discrepancy); which isn't to say JRich deserves more (he doesn't)...but Evan HAS TO play less.
    Who do you think should be taking his minutes?

Often he's hurting us out there with his nonexistent defense and clanking mid-range bricks.
    Spot-on on this. Ugly offensive strategy. Although worth emphasizing again that it isn't just an ET thing - each of Lavoy, Spencer, Nick, Jrue, Thad, JRich shoot too many from mid range as well - but ET is probably the worst of them. Especially indefensible given his improvement from three.

But he also turns it over 160% more than JRich (not a typo), 180% more than Swaggy and over TWICE as often as Wright. My God, man!
    Confused about this one. Where are these numbers from? Per 40 mins ET's turning it over 2.2 times, compared to Nick's 1.5, JRich's 1.0, and Dorell's 2.0. Given how much ET handles the ball than those guys, I think that's defensible - his assist to turnover ratio, for example, is much higher than any of theirs.
    Turnover rate (ie turnovers per 100 possessions used) is a better metric for turnovers, and Turner's is 9.62 to Nick's 7.14, JRich's 5.71 and Dorrell's 10.94. Not nearly as drastic as your numbers make it sound.

ET's turnover rate is 9th best among 25+mpg SFs and that's before taking into account how much more he handles the ball than most threes - his A/T ratio is 5th among those same guys.

I wish he turned it over less as well, as I do for every Sixer, but I don't think his turnover levels have really been surprising or even really notable.

Edit:
    Just realized how far out of date hoopdata's numbers are (they haven't got the last couple weeks of games). Updates with BBR numbers:
    Turnovers per 36 minutes:
    ET - 2.2; JRich - 1.0; Nick - 1.2; Dorell - 1.6.
    Estimated Turnover %:
    ET - 13.3; JRich - 7.1; Nick - 7.1; Dorell - 10.9

Point still stands.
    Last edited by bholly; 01-02-2013 at 02:20 AM.

vCash
    Evan is so clearly more valuable than JRich. He's more valuable on both ends of the floor. Evan is just not a full time SF, and it is the clear hallmark of any DC player with the ball in their hands to shoot too many low percentage shots. This thread is wacko.
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    Evan is so clearly more valuable than JRich. He's more valuable on both ends of the floor. .

Pull your head from your butt.

JRich now is assigned to the guys Evan can't defend. Exactly the opposite of what Doug had planned when the season began.

My God. Before the season started...if I'd been told that Evan would defend DARIUS MORRIS when we played the Lakers, and not, say...I dunno... KOBE BRYANT...I'd have never believed it.

Jesus Christ. Even Metta World Peace lit him up! And he's as old as ME!

So many here watch the bouncing ball, and have no idea that all the other stuff counts.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast