Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who Will Average More Per Game?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evan Turner

    20 74.07%
  • Jason Richardson

    7 25.93%
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 222
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,686
    vCash
    1500
    how about this....

    evan is still part of this teams future until hes traded, expires, or becomes a full fledged bust.... meanwhile, j-rich is nothing here but a 3 year contract/role player, who has zero future in philly outside of being a role playing jumpshooter.

    evan needs to be on the floor, for no other reason than hes our only capable ball handler outside of jrue holiday. evan needs to be on the floor because whether u like his D or not, hes our best defensive 2-guard. hes our ONLY playmaker outside of jrue holiday....

    the rebounding is a moot point, which many have adrressed (including me in the game 30 thread which u never responded to)... and he plays better D at the 2 than 3..... which is why dorrell wright needs to be on the floor more, and less j-rich.


    gotta pay the troll toll

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    how about this....

    evan is still part of this teams future until hes traded, expires, or becomes a full fledged bust.... meanwhile, j-rich is nothing here but a 3 year contract/role player, who has zero future in philly outside of being a role playing jumpshooter.

    evan needs to be on the floor, for no other reason than hes our only capable ball handler outside of jrue holiday. evan needs to be on the floor because whether u like his D or not, hes our best defensive 2-guard. hes our ONLY playmaker outside of jrue holiday....

    the rebounding is a moot point, which many have adrressed (including me in the game 30 thread which u never responded to)... and he plays better D at the 2 than 3..... which is why dorrell wright needs to be on the floor more, and less j-rich.
    -Evan's 'd' is better than no one's. Let's make that clear right now and get those erroneous thoughts out of your head. Your mistake is that you are still of the mindset that the scouting reports were right. Watch Evan. YOU are a better defender than is he.

    -We as fans don't care who's a fixture and who's here in the short term. We want each player giving what they have to give, and that leading to wins.

    -A couple things you say are in fact true (playmaking)...which is why Evan should not play 0 minutes. But it doesn't explain why he plays too many.

    -Rebounding is anything but moot. Anyone who knows the game knows the opposite to be true. Without Evan's rebounding, he's no different from any other below-average starter/decent bench player. He does nothing else great.

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,064
    vCash
    1500
    I Do think we should Trade Turner though his shooting numbers seemed to good to be true all season and he still doesn't have the tools he needs to get to the rim regularly. if he starts to lose his shot then nothing has changed and in that case we are SOL so id Trade him while hes showing flashes.


    2012 allstar

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    -Evan's 'd' is better than no one's. Let's make that clear right now and get those erroneous thoughts out of your head. Your mistake is that you are still of the mindset that the scouting reports were right. Watch Evan. YOU are a better defender than is he.

    -We as fans don't care who's a fixture and who's here in the short term. We want each player giving what they have to give, and that leading to wins.

    -A couple things you say are in fact true (playmaking)...which is why Evan should not play 0 minutes. But it doesn't explain why he plays too many.

    -Rebounding is anything but moot. Anyone who knows the game knows the opposite to be true. Without Evan's rebounding, he's no different from any other below-average starter/decent bench player. He does nothing else great.
    Evan is an Average to below average starter and most rational fans know that you make it sound like people think he is an all star.


    2012 allstar

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    you make it sound like people think he is an all star.




    you new here?

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,686
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    -Evan's 'd' is better than no one's. Let's make that clear right now and get those erroneous thoughts out of your head. Your mistake is that you are still of the mindset that the scouting reports were right. Watch Evan. YOU are a better defender than is he.

    -We as fans don't care who's a fixture and who's here in the short term. We want each player giving what they have to give, and that leading to wins.

    -A couple things you say are in fact true (playmaking)...which is why Evan should not play 0 minutes. But it doesn't explain why he plays too many.

    -Rebounding is anything but moot. Anyone who knows the game knows the opposite to be true. Without Evan's rebounding, he's no different from any other below-average starter/decent bench player. He does nothing else great.
    1. i simply disagree.... i would say turner plays better defense than j-rich and nick young no matter what the circumstance. ill keep a closer eye on it, but i typically do take notice of who gets beat and who doesnt rotate.

    2. as a fan, i do care..... i think a lot of other people do to. evan turner is a guy who fans and the team FO think can be a fixture in philly.... now, is that as a backup guard or as jrue holidays running mate in the backcourt.... i dont know.... if they traded him, i wouldnt lose any sleep over it, but id much rather see turner in there next to holiday opposed to j-rich.... mostly because it will have little to no effect on the end result anyway, and id rather turner play his way out of this slump.

    3. let him play, we arent winning anything without bynum anyway, its not as if j-rich or nick young have earned time over turner.

    4. i meant that ur point about turners rebounding is moot.... not rebounding in general being moot. rebounding historically wins games, playoff series, and championships. refer to my post in the game 30 thread for further explanation.


    gotta pay the troll toll

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    you new here?
    Very Very few people view him like that actually the only person i think outright does see him that way is 2one5 and maybe Bbus Probably the guy who has the Evan Turner name as well to the rest he is an Acceptable starter playing better for us than most of our other guys. The only one with Allstar hopes on this team is Holiday and he still might need 1 more year not because he isnt good enough but because this team isnt going to have the record to convince coacths to put him in and he hasn't made a name with the fans just yet.


    2012 allstar

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    8,549
    vCash
    2970
    oh yea im freakin nuts to think ET can be a consistent 16ppg 6-7 reb player! oh wait hes around that in his first year with consistent minutes....

    RETURN OF THE MAC

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    oh yea im freakin nuts to think ET can be a consistent 16ppg 6-7 reb player! oh wait hes around that in his first year with consistent minutes....
    his numbers are Droping rapidly He was bound to not be able to keep up the stretch of great shooting and 16 and 7 does not= allstar 18 7 and 4 might though Too bad Turner Isnt going to Average 18 PPG on a winning team.


    2012 allstar

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,686
    vCash
    1500

    Who Will Score More?

    ^ probably not.... If the team stays the same and bynum plays, hes probably gonna be around 15 5 and 4.


    gotta pay the troll toll

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    8,549
    vCash
    2970
    you have no idea what he can do a winning team. he might be better playing on a team that has more then 1 useful player

    RETURN OF THE MAC

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    you have no idea what he can do a winning team. he might be better playing on a team that has more then 1 useful player
    You just proved you don't understand how basketball acutally works.


    2012 allstar

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    8,549
    vCash
    2970
    sure i do, i play and coach. just bcuz u think he is puttig up these numbers bcuz we are not that good doesnt mean you're right bcuz we have yet to see him on a good team.

    RETURN OF THE MAC

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    900
    vCash
    1500
    You just proved you don't understand how basketball acutally works.[/QUOTE]

    Give us a reason for your bball brilliance beyond you dont agree with me so you dont understand please. I dont know if I agree with you or not but your response is lazy and useless.

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    You just proved you don't understand how basketball acutally works.
    Give us a reason for your bball brilliance beyond you dont agree with me so you dont understand please. I dont know if I agree with you or not but your response is lazy and useless.[/QUOTE]

    Okay i will make this as simple as possible.
    Evan Turner without any semblance of ability to attack the basket is shooting .437 FG Yet Shooting .429 % from 3 he is taking around 13 shots per game to get 14 points and only 2 of those shots per game are 3s.
    and only attempting just over 2 FTs a game
    what does that tell us He is shooting the vast majority of Evans Shots are taken from 15 to 22 feet in other words the worst Shot in basketball
    It also doesnt stop there the majority of his 3 point shots are coming from the corner wicth is shorter than taking them from the top around 22 to 23 feet
    so just about all of Evan shots are more or less mid ranged jumpers and his FG and 3PFG being so close together indicates this perfectly.
    Now Why Does this Prevent him from scoring highly on a good team? Number of shots lets go back to this for a moment 13 shots for the team to be good players need to be efficient and naturally with Holiday taking 16.5 shots to get 18 PPG and turner taking 13 to get 14 that's not happening Thus we are losing Now If bynum comes back and figures to take at least 12 shots everyone else shots are going to go down (and it doesnt help that Wright has been a none factor this season and figures to come into his own when bynum returns)
    But the postive is that when shots go down players tend to be able to do better with what they do get because the defense pays less attention to them Turner and Holidays FG% should both rise but take a reasonable 2 to 3 points a game Hit overall in the process. Holiday might be able to be an exception because he is a PG but turners numbers will suffer because the offense will become more balanced
    this is why both Jrue and Turner seemingly broke out this year they improved but not nearly as much as basic numbers suggest they where just good players on a good team last year for a better example look at how hardens numbers on the rockets look in comparison to the numbers he had in OKC.


    2012 allstar

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •