Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who Will Average More Per Game?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evan Turner

20 74.07%
  • Jason Richardson

7 25.93%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Turner: FG% in the playoffs - 36%
    Turner: FG% in the 4th quarter in the playoffs - 22%
    Turner: FG% with less than 5 minutes left in the quarter in playoffs- 35%

FG% when game is within 5 points - 23%
    FG% with less than 3 min left in game 4-9 (44%)
    FG% with less than 6 min left in game 3-20 (15%)

Clutch?

He did increase his FT rate per game to 4, but he also 3 more shots per game. Basically, his efficiency got worse.
    Last edited by Knowledge; 10-24-2012 at 10:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    He had the game winning bucket on a 1 on 1 drive to the hoop through traffic in one of the Boston games.

He was fouled twice in the final 2 minutes and hit all 4 free throws in a Chicago win. The one time was a drive to the cup. The other time was an attempted put back on an offensive rebound. Both times, the Sixers were nursing a 1 point lead.

So that 4-9 stat with less than 3 minutes is in actuality better than that number suggests. He was fouled on multiple attempts in late time true crunch time situations. And he created the offense on his own. He is a crunch time option. I know he had a 1-10 game and a 5-22 game in the playoffs. But considering he was given the ball more often all of the sudden in the playoffs after not being allowed to attack the rim for much of his 1st two seasons in the league, that is to be expected. It is also to be expected, because Collins and/or certain teammates (cough cough Lou) wouldn't change how they ran the offense with him in the game....leading to too many ET catch and shoot jumpers. He is not a high volume shooter from the perimeter....not his strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    I know he had a 1-10 game and a 5-22 game in the playoffs. But considering he was given the ball more often all of the sudden in the playoffs after not being allowed to attack the rim for much of his 1st two seasons in the league, that is to be expected. .
    Hahahahaha.

You should be embarrassed. So Evan gets all the praise when he - on very rare occasions - does something well. But it's someone ELSE'S fault when he shoots 6-32?

How do you sleep at night?

Honestly. What grown man do you know that gets the benefit of the doubt so passionately as does Mr. Turner? It's........odd....all this excuse-making.

vCash
    Turner has had moments , but I want to see consistent production and efficiency. If he plays well, I certainly won't complain, but I'm done finding excuses for him.

Last year, he under'-performed the overwhelming majority of the season. Even in the playoffs, he had more downs than ups, especially once teams put bigger defenders on him. To try to argue against that by naming individual moments ignores the larger picture.

Once again, he has talent, but I want to see what he has done to fix his flaws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    the excuses really are over......

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    the excuses really are over......
    Ricky? Is that you?

vCash
    He had the game winning bucket on a 1 on 1 drive to the hoop through traffic in one of the Boston games.

He was fouled twice in the final 2 minutes and hit all 4 free throws in a Chicago win. The one time was a drive to the cup. The other time was an attempted put back on an offensive rebound. Both times, the Sixers were nursing a 1 point lead.

So that 4-9 stat with less than 3 minutes is in actuality better than that number suggests. He was fouled on multiple attempts in late time true crunch time situations. And he created the offense on his own. He is a crunch time option. I know he had a 1-10 game and a 5-22 game in the playoffs. But considering he was given the ball more often all of the sudden in the playoffs after not being allowed to attack the rim for much of his 1st two seasons in the league, that is to be expected. It is also to be expected, because Collins and/or certain teammates (cough cough Lou) wouldn't change how they ran the offense with him in the game....leading to too many ET catch and shoot jumpers. He is not a high volume shooter from the perimeter....not his strength.
    Ricky has a weird tv. Doesn't let him see Evans drives, offensive boards or shots around the rim. And the cheerleaders always block his view of the moments at the games with their cleavage.
    Stupid tv and boobs!
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Ricky has a weird tv. Doesn't let him see Evans drives, offensive boards or shots around the rim. And the cheerleaders always block his view of the moments at the games with their cleavage.
    Stupid tv and boobs!
    I think maybe you've mistaken Evan for someone else. He doesn't "drive" (at least not in the effective sense of the term) and he for sure does not rebound off the offensive glass (which is fine by me; but to say he does is fantasy).

Maybe if you INAPPROPRIATE POST

this one too
    Last edited by RickyPrior; 10-26-2012 at 03:51 PM.

vCash
    Denial is a motha!

I wonder why you typed 4 stars. That's weird. Is that a rating of his awesomeness.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post

I wonder why you typed 4 stars. That's weird. .
    Know what's weirder? Having his **** in your mouth to begin with.

vCash
    You dudes are getting weird about this

vCash

Who Will Score More?

I agree with evanturner.... Wtf?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Know what's weirder? INAPPROPRIATE POST.

my bad

vCash
    I never said Turner's offense was perfect. His ceiling in the half court offense clearly is not as high as many hoped when he was drafted. He has some things to work on. But to think that his shooting percentage is only due to his individual play, and not to some extent a result of what the coach/team does, then you are not analyzing the situation objectively.
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    I never said Turner's offense was perfect. His ceiling in the half court offense clearly is not as high as many hoped when he was drafted. He has some things to work on. But to think that his shooting percentage is only due to his individual play, and not to some extent a result of what the coach/team does, then you are not analyzing the situation objectively.
    here's an idea maybe he could just MAKE some shots.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast