Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who Will Average More Per Game?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evan Turner

20 74.07%
  • Jason Richardson

7 25.93%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    There's no way JRich is more valuable to this roster than Turner. But in the ppg stat, one thing in RickyP's favor that couldn't have been accounted for when this thread started....

....Maalik Wayns.

Turner was going to do the bulk of the ball handling against backups (and get a smattering of more shot attempts as a result).....now Wayns will likely be taking some of both ET's shot attempts and ball handling. I'm not complaining. Wayns has been a nice surprise. I'd have to say the ET vs. JRich battle of the scoring titans (9 to 13ppg probably) has taken a turn. Bynum's return could make JRich our 1st or 2nd leading 1st quarter scorer also if Collins decides to start him. And JRich is def the type of off the ball scorer Collins would like to start. Being the well paid vet who might still be in town another year or two also will help JRich maybe get a starting spot. DWright is on a one year deal.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 10-22-2012 at 04:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Evan Turner won't be on our roster at the start of next season

vCash

Who Will Score More?

^ this coming from the guy who guaranteed that elton brand and lou williams werent going anywhere.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
    Holly, you know he's never going to admit he can't come up with an argument. He knows he's been defeated, he's just being a silly goose now. He's used to arguing with Hydro and 2-1-5 and people like that, so he never loses.

But the record books will show that Coach P was defeated in this thread. I suggest you block Bholly so you can go back to beasting the people who don't really watch basketball. Because that's pretty much what you do now that your retired.
    Pretty sure you can't block a TM, though. And I don't want him to block me - I like RickyP.

vCash
    And so we end the preseason with both fellas playing the same number of games. Turner played a few more minutes, took a couple more shots per game...yet trails JRich 11-9 on the scoring chart.

Anyone nervous?

Hahaha. I kid...I kid...... Just a lucky stab in the dark by yours truly.

No way that discrepancy will hold up throughout the regular season. Just no way on God's green earth. Right?

vCash
    turner being bad doesnt make j-rich good.

u should be hoping for turner to be better than j-rich because j-rich wont be good, and turner potentially being good will help the sixers win games.

j-rich wasnt even good in golden state, playing in an inflated offense..... theyd have been better off going with larry hughes.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    There's no way JRich is more valuable to this roster than Turner. But in the ppg stat, one thing in RickyP's favor that couldn't have been accounted for when this thread started....

....Maalik Wayns.

Turner was going to do the bulk of the ball handling against backups (and get a smattering of more shot attempts as a result).....now Wayns will likely be taking some of both ET's shot attempts and ball handling. I'm not complaining. Wayns has been a nice surprise. I'd have to say the ET vs. JRich battle of the scoring titans (9 to 13ppg probably) has taken a turn. Bynum's return could make JRich our 1st or 2nd leading 1st quarter scorer also if Collins decides to start him. And JRich is def the type of off the ball scorer Collins would like to start. Being the well paid vet who might still be in town another year or two also will help JRich maybe get a starting spot. DWright is on a one year deal.
    I used to think that.
    It's a shame turner couldn't get a run on jrues night off cuz Richardson deposited quite an impressive line.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    turner being bad doesnt make j-rich good.

u should be hoping for turner to be better than j-rich because j-rich wont be good, and turner potentially being good will help the sixers win games.

j-rich wasnt even good in golden state, playing in an inflated offense..... theyd have been better off going with larry hughes.
    All irrelevant for these purposes, of course.

This is solely a conversation about volume of points each night. Frankly, I don't consider Evan a scorer...and so it isn't some big prediction that he'll lose-out to an actual scorer.

vCash
    its hard to consider evan a scorer (ill give u this) ONLY because the shots dont go in. he can create the shot... they just dont go down (the only important part of the whole thing)

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I'm starting to doubt turner makes it past game 10 as a starter. He doesn't seem like he is any better and when DC mentions him, its in the same capacity as he did last year "Rebound and push the ball off the boards."

Nothing about his game warrants starter status or minutes, especially with the way this team is configured.

Meanwhile Richardson has been a pleasant surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Tempted to change this thread to:

Who Will Score More...Bynum or Kwame?

vCash
    You guys realize there is more to the game than scoring, right?
    Of course Evan should get 30 minutes on this roster. Anyone who thinks otherwise is insane.

And in crunch time, his offense will be more valuable than any of these off the ball scorers we have that are more fun to watch.....because he can create off the dribble when the half court offense isn't functioning.

For most head coaches Turner would actually average more ppg than Wright, Jrich, or NYoung. This particular coach doesn't dial it up that way. It really doesn't matter if Turner averages 12 or 17. What matters is that he gets 30 minutes, can defend 3 positions, can set up our plethora of 3 point shooters, and can be an option as a creator in crunch time.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 10-24-2012 at 05:33 PM.

vCash
    Of course Evan should get 30 minutes on this roster. Anyone who thinks otherwise is insane.

And in crunch time, his offense will be more valuable than any of these off the ball scorers we have that are more fun to watch.....because he can create off the dribble when the half court offense isn't functioning.

For most head coaches Turner would actually average more ppg than Wright, Jrich, or NYoung. This particular coach doesn't dial it up that way. It really doesn't matter if Turner averages 12 or 17. What matters is that he gets 30 minutes, can defend 3 positions, can set up our plethora of 3 point shooters, and can be an option as a creator in crunch time.
    In actuality, turner does almost none of those things you credit him for. So.

vCash

No. He doesn't do anything well but rebound. That should be a complimentary skill.

And that is evident, how? He barely gets to the FT line (1.6 FTA per 36). If you can't get to the FT line as a guard, you probably arent that dangerous off the dribble.

When has he shown the ability to be a consistent playmaker for others? College? He is an above average defender, a poor shooter, a great rebounder and doesn't get to the line nor does he rack up assist or scoring opportunities for others.

Nothing you said can be backed up by anything other than opinion because his play doesn't reflect your statements. He has talent, no doubt, but until he fixes his (fatal) flaws, he is nothing more than a rotation player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    I guess when he provided top notch man defense at 3 different positions against Chicago in the playofss that is already a distant memory. He is not an Iguodala-level defender. He is not a true small forward, either. But he is a versatile defender (above average defense at 2 positions against most teams....in some cases 3 positions). In a 7 game series, where matchups become more important, he provides a lineup flexibility that JRich, Wright, and NYoung don't. He's a rarer talent than any of them.

And in the playoffs last year, he was the 2nd best shot creator in crunch time on the team behind Jrue. You guys say he doesn't do that stuff....but that's mostly because Collins took the ball out of his and Jrue's hands in crunch time the entire season. (well Jrue did get it once in awhile...but not nearly enough)

The fickle pendulum swing of fandom amazes me sometimes. Now we have some shooters who are more fun to watch, and suddenly some of the same guys who were anointing ET a potential star player 1-2 years ago are suggesting he may lose minutes to the likes of 30-something JRich, and 30 shots per 30 minutes Nick Young.

Saying ET is just a "rotational player" sounds a lot like the silly remarks people were saying about Iguodala a few years back. Ladies and gents, allow me to introduce the new whipping boy scapegoat for all our problems....Evan Turner.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 10-24-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast