Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who Will Average More Per Game?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evan Turner

    20 74.07%
  • Jason Richardson

    7 25.93%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 222
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    Still no answer from Ricky on why he expects JRich to jump to 14ppg...as far as I understand he expects ET's ppg to rise, and because JRich is only a scorer and ET does other things he expects JRich to score more, so therefore JRich must go up to? Is that about right?
    You are making it far more complicated than it is. He will outscore even because he is a better offensive basketball player.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    vCash
    1500
    But he was a better offensive player last year and only scored 11.6ppg - what makes you think he's making such a significant turnaround even though he's got more guys to compete for minutes with and is another year older? You've never explained.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    But he was a better offensive player last year and only scored 11.6ppg - what makes you think he's making such a significant turnaround even though he's got more guys to compete for minutes with and is another year older? You've never explained.
    Silly to compare years on two different teams. You're still digging too deep. He'll score more than Evan. There's nothing to 'explain'.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    vCash
    1500
    So if you didn't want us to factor in JRich's previous years, and "he's a scorer so he'll score more than Evan" is self evident and there's nothing to explain, and asking for actual discussion of why is digging too deep - then what was the point in the thread? What were you hoping to accomplish? Was it really just "neener neener, I think you guys will disagree with me so I'll post this to annoy you" like everyone said?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    So if you didn't want us to factor in JRich's previous years, and "he's a scorer so he'll score more than Evan" is self evident and there's nothing to explain, and asking for actual discussion of why is digging too deep - then what was the point in the thread? What were you hoping to accomplish? Was it really just "neener neener, I think you guys will disagree with me so I'll post this to annoy you" like everyone said?
    Someone wiz in your cheerios this morning? Jesus.

    I set up a poll. Most think Evan will score more... I don't. No big deal; we'll have to see.

    In the meantime, get over it.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    And by the way, at the moment, I'm wrong. Turner is up 9-8. So if you are looking to gloat go right ahead...

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    vCash
    1500
    lol, no? This is how I am every day. And it's how you are most days too. If someone says something that seems to be based on some emotive nonsense and no real justification, you ask them to justify it. You do it in every thread, all the time, big long posts about people basing things on hope and not a real justification (including in this thread).

    You're one of the posters that puts real effort into your posts, and you seemed to put a particular amount into this thread, so I was just hoping you had some sort of insight or a good answer. Well, at first anyway.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    And by the way, at the moment, I'm wrong. Turner is up 9-8. So if you are looking to gloat go right ahead...
    Gloat? As far as I can tell, people here care about ET's overall development - I think you're the only one who cares about these little ET vs whatever battles. Nobody is going to be gloating about ET's performance so far. Dude's been to the line 6 times on 44 shots for a total of 36 points - I don't think anyone has anything but disappointment and a hope that it won't carry over to the real games. Certainly not gloating.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Did all this already. Career-wise JRich is a better scorer. Twice as many per game vs. Evan. This year he averages one less point on HALF THE SHOTS.

    I think he'll be relied-upon to score, and ET won't be (per my 100 posts about ET's defense.)

    All pretty well thought out, on target and hard to argue with.

    Not sure why you ignore my having said all this repeatedly and just keep repeating "but WHY??"

    I've told you why.

    (...I type as Turner misses a 5-inch bunny and then tries to shoot OVER Garnett. Hoofa.)

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    vCash
    1500
    Career scoring averages are extremely easy to argue with when one is an 11 year vet who relied on athleticism and has declined significantly in recent years, and one has played two years in the league and even you expect him to increase his scoring substantially. If you were on the other side of this you'd find it hilarious that someone was sticking so doggedly to career averages while ignoring more recent numbers and the new circumstances he's playing in.
    Just saying 'hard to argue with' doesn't mean anything when you know it's ridiculous.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    Career scoring averages are extremely easy to argue with when one is an 11 year vet who relied on athleticism and has declined significantly in recent years, and one has played two years in the league and even you expect him to increase his scoring substantially. If you were on the other side of this you'd find it hilarious that someone was sticking so doggedly to career averages while ignoring more recent numbers and the new circumstances he's playing in.
    Just saying 'hard to argue with' doesn't mean anything when you know it's ridiculous.
    Not actually doing anything "doggedly". It's one of many reasons, and worth pointing out. It indicates he's a scorer. Capice-y?

    If anything you are "doggedly" defending Evan's side basing it only on "expectations". Ya know...hope.

    So far in the preseason...and even tonight...I'm not seeing any big discrepancy which anyone would describe as "hilarious".

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    vCash
    1500
    I'm not doggedly defending anything - I'm asking for justification for your prediction. I'm not even talking about my prediction, just asking for a basis for yours. Where have I defended mine at all, let along doggedly?

    FWIW, mine was that Evan will get more minutes for various reasons (which I think you may have even agreed with, but at least didn't really dispute) and that I think that that discrepancy will be enough to see him score more. What part of that is based on hope? It has more of a basis than yours does! Just because you think others are basing things on hope, doesn't mean I'm doing it. If anything I sort of expect Evan to be underwhelming again.

    Also nobody said anything about the discrepancy being hilarious. I said you'd find your argument and it's lack of any real substance hilarious if anyone else gave it. Man you love twisting words.
    Last edited by bholly; 10-21-2012 at 08:27 PM.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    168
    vCash
    1500
    Mark it down now...Evan Turner- 17 PPG, 7 RPG, 3.5 APG

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,095
    vCash
    1500
    Holly, you know he's never going to admit he can't come up with an argument. He knows he's been defeated, he's just being a silly goose now. He's used to arguing with Hydro and 2-1-5 and people like that, so he never loses.

    But the record books will show that Coach P was defeated in this thread. I suggest you block Bholly so you can go back to beasting the people who don't really watch basketball. Because that's pretty much what you do now that your retired.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreSoWrong View Post
    Mark it down now...Evan Turner- 17 PPG, 7 RPG, 3.5 APG
    That'd be some trick, given the fact he's yet to score more than FOURTEEN and you want him to AVERAGE 17.

    Oh yeah. And the team's leading scorer has yet to play.


Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •