Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who Will Average More Per Game?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evan Turner

20 74.07%
  • Jason Richardson

7 25.93%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Another post/thread tacitly taking shots at Evan from coach P.....

Welcome to another season, everybody.

This topic, while it may garner some posts, is silly. Evan should clearly play a bigger role in the team's wins than JRich due to his versatility and ability as a creator. As far as purely points go, I'd have to give ET the slight nod over JRich....not only due to their relative ages, but also because JRich will have more competition within his likely role (wing scoring and minutes from Wright and N.Young will also play a factor). ET will no longer have to share the ball against backups with Lou Williams. If ET averages fewer points than JRich, than Collins is likely doing something wrong.....again.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Richardson led all scoters with 17 in final scrimmage.

I think Evan becomes a better scorer as season progresses through learning from Richardson and young.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Evan's game is very little like NYoung and JRich. I hope he doesn't learn from them. They fire up heat check shots that is not a part of ET's offensive repertoire. ET is not a volume perimeter scorer. If they are leading the team in scoring in the preseason, then I don't buy what Collins is selling about the team taking smarter shots this season....not a bit. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    No silly. I'm not saying play their game I'm saying he can learn crafty ways to score over, around and about the defender; learn tricks to get shots off.

vCash

Who Will Score More?

J rich doesnt have tricks, he just jacks 3s. Aint no special way he does it. Catch the ball, shoot the ball.

On good days the ball goes in a lot. On off days hes basically useless.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    You really don't know what you're talking about. Really.
    You do know that's what everyone on Orlando not named Howard does. I guess that's all they can do. Silly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Went with Turner, but it will be close. I'm hoping for 14/8 out of Turner, and I just don't see J-Rich getting a big enough role to reach 14 ppg himself. I can see something like 12 ppg for J-Rich.
    this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    You really don't know what you're talking about. Really.
    You do know that's what everyone on Orlando not named Howard does. I guess that's all they can do. Silly.
    shard played better defense during orlandos prim years than jrich ever came close to playing.

hedo was pretty good at initiating the offense and creating plays for others.... oddly this skill went away after he signed with the raptors and never came back.

jameer could handle the ball and create off the dribble.

they each had other basetball skills besides simply shooting.... and i guess j-rich can still slam it down, but those days are mostly behind hm.

j-rich doesnt have much basketball skills outside of the catch and shoot.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I just want to point out...

Right now Turner is, in fact, leading my little contest outlined in this thread, 9.0 - 8.0.

But it's also noteworthy that Evan has the advantage of 4 more minutes per game AND has taken more than TWICE the number of shots.

Eww.

I will monitor the situation closely.

vCash
    ...we all know that you will...

....and, nice personal thread bump...

IMO, turner will have way more opportunities so I think that he should score more than JR...but will he? the more I read on him, the more I think that he could be getting phased out of scoring opportunities once the man in the middle is up and running

vCash

Who Will Score More?

I think your right that the ball will run through hokiday and bynum and not turner.... And the rest of the guys will have to get open and make plays off the ball.

On the flip side, when turner plays without holiday on the floor (whats that gonna be, like 10-15mpg?) turner is the only ball handler (maalik wayns?), so he may find his opportunity to show what he can do in those stretches.

The problem for turner is that dorrell wright is clearly the best option at the 3... Better defender, crisper jumpshot, good rebounder, and a decent ball handler as well.

So turner needs to show hes better than nick young and jrich (really not that difficult).... And soon.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I had Turner at 14 ppg in another thread, given the minutes I thought he was going to get, but the additions we made have really impressed me.

Before Wayns emergence, Evan was going to be the backup PG out of necessity. Now Collins has 2 PGs who he wants to run the show and the fact that an undrafted, though surprisingly talented, rookie is now in command of the ball when he is on the floor (something Evan has never had, nor does he seem to have now) is a sign of how the team views Evan's overall potential.

Turner needs to start showing his worth (no more excuses). He isn't productive enough as a basketball player to not get benched for Jrich or Wright. Tonight is a big opportunity for him to show something offensively.

If not don't be surprised to see Collins eventually yank Turner out of the starting lineup and eventually minimize his role in the rotation. The good news is that there is a opportunity to do so tonight.
    Last edited by Knowledge; 10-21-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post

Turner needs to start showing his worth (no more excuses). .
    I think he already has.

vCash
    Let me rephrase that: he needs to start showing more worth if he wants to be more than bench rotation player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Still no answer from Ricky on why he expects JRich to jump to 14ppg...as far as I understand he expects ET's ppg to rise, and because JRich is only a scorer and ET does other things he expects JRich to score more, so therefore JRich must go up to? Is that about right?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast