Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who Will Average More Per Game?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evan Turner

20 74.07%
  • Jason Richardson

7 25.93%
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Who Will Score More?

Since Evan will be relied on primarily for defense and rebounding...and Richardson's specific task will be scoring...I have to go with Jason on this. In several less minutes than Evan.

Thinking 14 PPG to 11.5 PPG

You?

vCash
    Went with Turner, but it will be close. I'm hoping for 14/8 out of Turner, and I just don't see J-Rich getting a big enough role to reach 14 ppg himself. I can see something like 12 ppg for J-Rich.

vCash
    Not sure I agree, but those would be nice stats for Evan. I think Jason needs to play a fairly big role. He's the best wing scorer on the team and I'm seeing a very inside-out half court offense with Bynum.

Plus, in transition, Jason better prove to be semi-dangerous. Because Bynum, Evan and Hawes won't be in that regard. And that's a HUGE consideration in basketball. Maybe the huge-est.

vCash
    Think Evan will be our fourth leading scorer.
    Jrue, Bynum, Thad, then Turner. I don't know who will score the most between JRich, wright, and swaggy p. I could put hawes in that group too.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Pretty sure Nick Young is our best wing scorer.

vCash
    Evan. Richardson is probably the 4th best wing on the team, has seen his numbers (and percentages) decline each of the last 4 seasons, and may not start.

Dorrell Wright is young, big, and a very good 3pt shooter in his own right. I suspect Richardson will start because Doug loves vets, but this isn't the same JRich as 3-5 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
    Pretty sure Nick Young is our best wing scorer.

Not so sure you're right there. No idea what to make of him. He's had seasons in the 16-17 range...and others in the 8-10 PPG range.

Richardson, on the other hand, is a 17.5 career scorer. Getting older, sure...which is why I have him scoring much less than that.

On this team I don't see Young as you might. The bench will take a lesser role than it did in recent years...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    this isn't the same JRich as 3-5 years ago.

But that isn't the argument.

Evan doesn't have the same impact he had 3-4 years ago, at Ohio State.

It's one vs. the other in this thread, and so I'll go with the guy who's career average is twice that of the other guy's.

vCash
    I'm going with ET just on minutes alone. Given the glut of wings, and knowing Doug, minutes on the wing could be all over the place, with J-Rich, Young, Wright, ET all likely to see their minutes jerked around at some time or another.
    With ET established in the team, likely to play minutes at the 1, and having a slightly different skillset to those guys (bringing better defense and rebounding, but lesser shooting), I think he's the most likely to set himself apart and get more time.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    But that isn't the argument.

Evan doesn't have the same impact he had 3-4 years ago, at Ohio State.

It's one vs. the other in this thread, and so I'll go with the guy who's career average is twice that of the other guy's.
    Can you clarify this post? I have no idea what part of Knowledge's post you're objecting to, or how 'yeah but JRich has a better career average' is a meaningful response to someone someone talking about JRich having declined significantly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    JRich having declined significantly.
    His declining is relative. How MUCH has he declined?

It's also irrelevant to this dialog.

The thread compares Evan to JRich. Period. And so, yeah, the latter's production has fallen off...that has no bearing on whether he'll score more than Evan. Only whether he'll score more or less than he did LAST year.

It's a comparison between two players...not a comparison between one player's own stats.

vCash
    I'm still confused - how can his decline be irrelevant to how much he'll score (and thus whether he'll score more or less than ET) this year? Isn't a decline in his scoring almost by definition relevant to how much he scores?
    So you want us to say which we expect to score more, but in a way that doesn't use their past stats or how we expect them to change? So we're just flipping a coin, or what?
    I don't understand how his career average is relevant (as you used it in posts 7 and 8) but his more recent averages, or changes in his average over time, aren't.

I'm not meaning to be a dick, I'm just not sure what exactly you're getting at by looking for scoring predictions (whether relative to each other or actual number predictions like you gave in the OP) that don't use previous scoring as a guide.

vCash
    Oh that's easy. It's the same reason why there is such a narrow selection in the poll. It supports a particular agenda.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    I'm still confused - how can his decline be irrelevant to how much he'll score (and thus whether he'll score more or less than ET) this year?
    Because it depends on how much Evan will score. Yeah, so JRich scores less than in years past. But the question is: will THAT NUMBER be higher or lower than Evan's.

That's all that matters.

To exaggerate, Wilt scored 50 per season once. The next year he dropped to 45. No one said "he's declining! so he can't possibly score more than Elgin Baylor!" No...he declined but still scored more than Elgin Baylor.

It's all relative.

Follow?

I don't understand how his career average is relevant (as you used it in posts 7 and 8) but his more recent averages, or changes in his average over time, aren't.
    We have little to go on. So I'll compare all we have. Career...last season...whatever stats I have available to me; they all show JRich will score more.

What do YOU have?

Hope.

vCash
    i dont get why people think j-rich is good.

i didnt even think he was good in golden state.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I would have to say Evan. I think J-Rich will be in a battle all year with Dorrell Wright for that third perimeter guy, and I think Wright will eventually win that contest because of his size and presumably better defense.

Evan will probably end up playing big minutes and control the offense at various points, so I think he will outscore Richardson. It won't be by a lot, but maybe a point or two. I like the 14ppg for Evan that sixer04fan put out there, and I'm guessing around 9-10ppg for J-Rich. I could see Wright coming in around 12ppg. He seems like he might be a better all around contributor to me at this point.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast