Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    ^Yea I was surprised to see him make the team, but good for him I guess. Don't think he will see much PT though.

So I haven't had the chance to watch much pre-season, overall I haven't seen/read a whole lot on the team besides Plumlee has looked average. Anyone else want to provide some insight?
    sure.

Paul Georges handles have improved greatly. He still turns the ball over but now its because hes trying to be more aggressive and not because he doesnt have handles. Hes been in the high teens in scoring in every game (except a 20+ pt game) and usually nets a good amount of rebounds too. Hes looking like he might break out this year.

Green looks great. His 3 ball goes down with ease and his dunking ability has been shown off on many occasions. He also usually scores in the high teens (with Granger out hes starting at SG) He has a fairly complete game and i wouldnt be surprised if he became a constant contributor and 1st or 2nd man off the bench.

A surprise has been Mahinmi. He has been strong in the middle and able to create his own shots. In the last game Vogel put him and Hibbert in together and they dominated Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph. They caused all kinds of turnovers and blocks and were very good rebounding together. I think its something we will see a lot of during the season.

Ben Hansbrough made a case to be on this team. hes played well enough to earn that 3rd PG spot.

Tyler Hansbrough has been progressing. He has had that same energy we saw before last year. He can still rack up the rebounds with or without scoring numbers. Ill just say, his progression has been slow.

West is looking better than last year. He seems to be fully recovered from the injury and it looks like he has an extra bounce in his step. He was already the most consistent guy, now he may be more productive with that same consistency.

Hill and Granger have not played yet in the preseason, but Granger will be playing tonight.

Lance Stephenson looks alright. There are times when he looks really good and other times when he looks like hes over thinking things. He seems much more mature and all about winning which is good, im just not sure what kind of production he will have.

Plumlee does look average. He looks a little lost out there. Every now and then he will have a monster dunk, but hes turning the ball over quite a bit. There is a learning curve in the NBA for bigs, so we should give him some time to adjust. I think he can contribute this year, especially if we get hit with injuries. He can shoot and rebound, but hasnt done anything consistently in the preseason.

Sam Young surprisingly has an offensive game. But he will be a great piece to the defensive puzzle. Its nice to see that our second unit will be able to score when needed, that was a huge problem last year.

Augustin has kind of blended in with the crowd. He has shown an ability to get assists in some of the best ways, but he hasnt made a big impact in any other facet of the game. One game he had a nice scoring total, but thats all i recall. However he will be starting with the 2nd unit when Hill gets back so its liable to change. He is one of the players im most curious about.

Hibbert has been great down low. He has even more intensity and passion then he did in years past, but now he seems to be much stronger. Hes getting deep position in the post and making his signature shots. His moves seem to be quicker, taking advantage of the double team right when it happens. He will either turn the opposite direction of the defender and put it up or kick it back out. His decision making has improved. I think his progression will be a huge factor this upcoming season.

I think thats everyone.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Hey Guys. Raptor fan here. We were discussing possible trade scenarios in which we would get Rudy Gay from Memphis and I came up with a 3 team trade involving the Pacers. Imo it is fair from both the Raptors and Grizzlies standpoints, but you guys are probably not getting a good enough return in the deal. Anyway I wanted to get Pacer fans opinions on it because you guys would know best what is realistic for your team.

The deal is

Raptors Get:
    Rudy Gay
    Mareese Speights

Grizzlies Get:
    Danny Granger
    Tyler Hansbrough

Pacers Get:
    Jose Calderon
    Ed Davis
    Linas Kleiza
    Future First (Raptors)
    2nd Rounder (Memphis)

Ed Davis replaces Hansbrough and is maybe a slight upgrade depending on which Hansbrough shows up this year. Kleiza gives you another shooter/scorer off of the bench.

Moving Granger allows Paul George to play SF and gives you guys a playmaking PG in Calderon which imo is something you would really benefit from (the bench specifically). George Hill would then be starting SG I would think.

Calderon is also a 10mill expiring which combined with David West would give you guys a lot of cap space in the offseason.

And finally the pick you get from us would be just outside of the lottery (15-18 range).

Obviously talent wise you guys aren't getting a full return for Granger, and the cap space and picks probably don't close the gap.

My question is, is this framework something that could me modified to get something you guys would like, or am I just horribly off base here? And if yes then what would you add to it to make it work?

vCash
    We have been talking about the Granger for Gay trade for a while now in here. I'm not sure we would move Granger without getting something in return like Gay though. I think Green and PG's play this and next year may have a say in weather Granger's contract is picked up after it expires, but I don't see a reason to make this trade now.

The one way I see this being a valid option is If say DJ Augistin and West leave after their contracts expire this year. Then this looks a bit more enticing especially if that is a lottery pick with Ed Davis being the young PF to take over, and Calderon coming off the bench with Green (if he keeps improving) starting at the 2 and PG to the 3 but right now I don't see any reason this would be an option....you usually don't trade out the best player and get the 3rd best player in a deal unless you are trying to clear space or are getting a really high pick to make up for it....or you are just trying to get something for a player that doesn't want to be there (Dwight Howard or the Laker CP3 trade that was vetoed are examples of teams giving up and just trying to get something in return knowing they are going to be bad for a few years), and right now we are in none of those positions.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 10-24-2012 at 02:01 PM.

vCash
    I would be surprised to see Indy make any trades this season. We have a real shot at advancing to the finals this year with the Bulls missing Rose and If we can lock up the 2 seed I expect the Pacers to push Miami to 7 games. The starting unit will be in year 2 together and they will be a very comfortable team, why shake it up? This season rests on Roy Hibbert living up to the max contract and Paul George being a all-star.

vCash
    No way would I do that trade. Not trying to come across as arrogant, but if we trade Danny we better be getting something as good or better than him. If not we might as well keep him here. Better than trading him for less talent.

vCash
    I say not a chance.

first off we would be extremely thin at SF or SG (depending on where George starts), we would have 4 PG's on roster (not including Stephenson hybrid PG/SG), we would have too many players on the roster and our team is too good to make petty trades like this. This does not improve our ball club and we are in win now mode. Ed Davis is literally the only thing we are getting that is worthwhile and we already have west who is way better. If he doesnt resign (i think he will) we will find someone in FA next year.

Im not trying to be an A-hole but i hate this deal.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    We have been talking about the Granger for Gay trade for a while now in here. I'm not sure we would move Granger without getting something in return like Gay though. I think Green and PG's play this and next year may have a say in weather Granger's contract is picked up after it expires, but I don't see a reason to make this trade now.

The one way I see this being a valid option is If say DJ Augistin and West leave after their contracts expire this year. Then this looks a bit more enticing especially if that is a lottery pick with Ed Davis being the young PF to take over, and Calderon coming off the bench with Green (if he keeps improving) starting at the 2 and PG to the 3 but right now I don't see any reason this would be an option....you usually don't trade out the best player and get the 3rd best player in a deal unless you are trying to clear space or are getting a really high pick to make up for it....or you are just trying to get something for a player that doesn't want to be there (Dwight Howard or the Laker CP3 trade that was vetoed are examples of teams giving up and just trying to get something in return knowing they are going to be bad for a few years), and right now we are in none of those positions.
    Quote Originally Posted by ponderingpluto View Post
    I would be surprised to see Indy make any trades this season. We have a real shot at advancing to the finals this year with the Bulls missing Rose and If we can lock up the 2 seed I expect the Pacers to push Miami to 7 games. The starting unit will be in year 2 together and they will be a very comfortable team, why shake it up? This season rests on Roy Hibbert living up to the max contract and Paul George being a all-star.
    Quote Originally Posted by PacersForLife View Post
    No way would I do that trade. Not trying to come across as arrogant, but if we trade Danny we better be getting something as good or better than him. If not we might as well keep him here. Better than trading him for less talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    I say not a chance.

first off we would be extremely thin at SF or SG (depending on where George starts), we would have 4 PG's on roster (not including Stephenson hybrid PG/SG), we would have too many players on the roster and our team is too good to make petty trades like this. This does not improve our ball club and we are in win now mode. Ed Davis is literally the only thing we are getting that is worthwhile and we already have west who is way better. If he doesnt resign (i think he will) we will find someone in FA next year.

Im not trying to be an A-hole but i hate this deal.
    Ok ya I see where you guys are coming from. I actually already kinda had a feeling what you are saying would be the case. Our teams probably aren't good trading partners then.

Thanks for the input and good luck in your season. Pacers are my second favourite East team (mostly cause Reggie is my favourite player) so Ill be cheering you guys on once my Raps are done.

vCash
    Anyone heard anything about Hill and when he will be ready to go? The only thing I remember seeing is a tweet a day or two ago that said Vogel didn't sound optimistic for Hill to play at all in the preseason.

vCash
    Good assessment. Raptors fans look forward to see how we match up against a strong team ...based on your assessment and pacer progression last year it should be easy win for pacers right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by psrs1 View Post
    Good assessment. Raptors fans look forward to see how we match up against a strong team ...based on your assessment and pacer progression last year it should be easy win for pacers right?
    Hope so, I look for the Raps to improve though.

vCash
    Much love ombada, thanks for that.

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    Much love ombada, thanks for that.
    no problem, happy to help

vCash
    Not really Pacers news...but Machado who a lot of people liked as a 2nd round pick here made Houston's roster but will be designated to the D League.

Also the Pacers will reportedly use the D League for the first time this year according to Mike Wells:

Ben Hansbrough, Orlando Johnson and Miles Plumlee likely to spend some time in the D-League at different points this season.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 10-29-2012 at 06:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Not really Pacers news...but Machado who a lot of people liked as a 2nd round pick here made Houston's roster but will be designated to the D League.

Also the Pacers will reportedly use the D League for the first time this year according to Mike Wells:
    Yeah, kinda excited. I think it's perfect for Orlando to go develop his game.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123