Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    ^Thanks

It is nice to see he has the same issues/questions as we do. It looks that at least in here most like the players we got but not how the moves were made and what we got in return.

I know just about everyone in here didn't mind bringing in Plumlee, it is a boom or bust pick and that is what you do when you are in the playoffs and not the lottery, it was where we picked him that at least I have issues with, especially with other options to trade down or even take a guy to fill another spot then trade back into the 2nd for Plumlee instead of OJ who I am almost positive would have been there with PJ3, Moultre, and Green still on the board. Same for the DC trade, most liked adding Mhimni, but didn't like the return on DC being a guy we could have just signed. DJ being a one year deal is something that worried me too...would have liked to at least get some sort of option for a 2nd or more years...or at the very least his bird rights in a S&T with a one year deal so we could offer him more after this season if he works out.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 10-10-2012 at 11:17 AM.

vCash
    Didn't get a chance to watch the highlights of the wolves/pacers game, how did Plumlee and Orlando Johnson look?

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    Didn't get a chance to watch the highlights of the wolves/pacers game, how did Plumlee and Orlando Johnson look?
    I didn't get to see it either but judging by the box scores it looks like Pendergraph and Lance got minutes ahead of them....I think the teams to 2 completely different approaches, they put most of their starters against our backups who were going in and out with no one over 25 minutes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    I watched the game, not very closely, but I still watched it. I remember Plumlee having a nice dunk. Orlando was airballing a lot of jumpers. They didn't get too much playing time.

vCash
    Hopefully they win....Play the starter get butterflys out ...

vCash
    Nets fan here. You guys are going to love Gerald Green and the Nets are going to regret giving that commitment to the Euro and not paying Green. He finally matured and started living up to his potential last year and will only get better for you guys.

Billy King and Avery Johnson gave him a shot and the kid earned his money. Hope you guys get some of this from him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFqwcIwZmZo

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Nets fan here. You guys are going to love Gerald Green and the Nets are going to regret giving that commitment to the Euro and not paying Green. He finally matured and started living up to his potential last year and will only get better for you guys.

Billy King and Avery Johnson gave him a shot and the kid earned his money. Hope you guys get some of this from him:

Two years out of basketball, 31 games last season, and only 98 NBA games in the last six years, the jury is still out whether Green has actually matured or not. I think he is an epic bust with potential. If Green plays 60 games between now and March and produces at a high level then we can talk. Until then I'm not very excited about committing to him for three seasons.

vCash
    I just have to say that for all the Pacer fans who do not know Mhimni, the city will love him after a week of games!!! The kid is everything we have been missing from our big men! He is big, fast, and can jump/rebound. He is a heck of a big guy and i think he makes a huge difference for this team this year.

After the first few preseason games i have to say, Gerald Green look like he has a pretty good post-up game! The Pacers tried doing that with George last year, but Green was effective with is so far this season. He he can continue this adds another aspect to this team that we did not have last year.

And i have heard that George has been doing good in camp and his numbers say so in preseason also. I am really excited to see whether he fizzles again or not. The past few years he has really reminded me of Brandon Rush. I kid who is skiddish/afraid at times. If he can come in, hit some big shots, play the defense he is expected of, and just stay confident, then this team will be great! Better than last year! So far i love what i have seen and i cannot wait for the season to start!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacersrok111 View Post
    I just have to say that for all the Pacer fans who do not know Mhimni, the city will love him after a week of games!!! The kid is everything we have been missing from our big men! He is big, fast, and can jump/rebound. He is a heck of a big guy and i think he makes a huge difference for this team this year.

After the first few preseason games i have to say, Gerald Green look like he has a pretty good post-up game! The Pacers tried doing that with George last year, but Green was effective with is so far this season. He he can continue this adds another aspect to this team that we did not have last year.

And i have heard that George has been doing good in camp and his numbers say so in preseason also. I am really excited to see whether he fizzles again or not. The past few years he has really reminded me of Brandon Rush. I kid who is skiddish/afraid at times. If he can come in, hit some big shots, play the defense he is expected of, and just stay confident, then this team will be great! Better than last year! So far i love what i have seen and i cannot wait for the season to start!
    Mahinmi has surprised me and I liked the pickup when we first got him. I didn't know he was capable of putting up those numbers even if it was preseason. He has a knack for rebounding and has a nice touch around the rim. We won't miss much when he checks in for Roy.

As far as Green, he has more of an offensive repertoire than given credit for I believe. I watched both preseason games so far. Last night he showed that he has a really nice jumper and of course he can dunk as we all know.

Paul George has been looking good, you can tell the coaching staff has given him free reign to go out there and do whatever he wants basically on offense. He did have a lot of forced shots, but I expect that to change once the regular season starts. His handles are noticeably improved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpR3ntkohq0
    Yup, he had this dunk last night. This is one thing I knew we'd get out of him. He's quickly become one of my favorite guys on the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cardinals1226 View Post
    Two years out of basketball, 31 games last season, and only 98 NBA games in the last six years, the jury is still out whether Green has actually matured or not. I think he is an epic bust with potential. If Green plays 60 games between now and March and produces at a high level then we can talk. Until then I'm not very excited about committing to him for three seasons.
    I agree with everything except for this. I agree we wont know for sure how he has matured or if he will continue to progress until the season begins.

However, while he may be considered a bust, epic bust is extreme. He wasnt selected at the top of the 1st and he was drafted out of high school. There are just as many 'bust' stories as there are success stories with these conditions, and he at least has the chance to turn this into a success story.

For what its worth he does look much more mature and serious about playing some ball out there.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    I just saw Granger is supposed to play in the last 2 games of the preseason. Like to see he will be able to shake off the rust before games start mattering.

vCash
    green has been impressive again tonight.

Mahinmi and Hibbert together is AWESOME! twin towers FTW!

Seriously, it frees up Hibbert on the offensive end, it makes it impossible for the opposing team to drive and they take up so much space their rebounding is great. They are besting Gasol and Randolph right now.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Pacers released Blake Ahearn, Sundiata Gaines, and Luke Nevill bringing the roster down to 15....Full roster is 15 players so we aren't forced to cut anyone else which means unless we want wiggle room. I guess this means there is a chance Ben Hansbrough makes the team?

vCash
    ^Yea I was surprised to see him make the team, but good for him I guess. Don't think he will see much PT though.

So I haven't had the chance to watch much pre-season, overall I haven't seen/read a whole lot on the team besides Plumlee has looked average. Anyone else want to provide some insight?

#iubb

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast