Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

The Legend of Swagger Vance

Vance Walker (@SwaggerVance99) is kinda standing out on the stats/snap count sheet. He has yet to play more than half the defensive snaps in any game (G1: 42%, G2: 33%, G3: 46%, G4: 47%), but he's tied for 2nd among our linemen in tackles (10), tied for 2nd in sacks (2.0), and forced one fumble. We've already seen Nolan decrease Edwards' role in favor of Biermann -- wonder if he'll do the same to Jerry to get more snaps for Walker, at least until Corey Peters returns to shore up the run defense.

vCash
    Walker impressed me last year too. We got an excellent player and I'm glad he is turning that corner. He's already surpassing a 7th rounder's expectations by far.

vCash
    Love his nickname lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar
    Walker impressed me last year too. We got an excellent player and I'm glad he is turning that corner. He's already surpassing a 7th rounder's expectations by far.
    Still young also. Imagine if he keeps this up for a whole season, at maybe 65-70% of the snaps. 8+ sacks from a backup DT? I'll take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ugafan
    Love his nickname lol
    He gets additional points for that too, ha.

vCash
    dp
    Last edited by Bravo95; 10-03-2012 at 01:38 AM.

vCash
    RISING

Roddy White, wide receiver, Falcons. A lot of people thought this would be the year Julio Jones would surpass White as the No. 1 wide receiver. It hasn’t worked that way. Jones has been good and has drawn a lot of coverage. But White’s been dominant and Sunday was one of the best games of his career. He had eight catches for 169 yards and two touchdowns and his late 59-yard grab was one of the best catches you’ll ever see.

Vance Walker, defensive tackle, Falcons. You don’t hear a lot about this veteran backup. But Walker plays an important role in Atlanta’s rotation and he came up big in Sunday’s victory. He had a sack, three tackles and a forced fumble.
    Yasinskas / ESPN

vCash
    ProFootballFocus just posted their Mid-Season All-NFC South team:
    Defensive Tackle: Gerald McCoy (TB) and Vance Walker (ATL)

McCoy, who was a starter for our Mid-Season All-Pros, was a lock with his performance earning the second-highest grade of all 4-3 defensive tackles. Walker has been impressive as part of the Falcons’ rotation, showing a knack for making plays as others struggle with scheme changes.
    Ryan, White, McClure, Gonzalez, Abraham, Samuel, and Moore also made it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    ProFootballFocus just posted their Mid-Season All-NFC South team:

Ryan, White, McClure, Gonzalez, Abraham, Samuel, and Moore also made it.
    So who made it over Decoud?

vCash
    ^Barber.
    Safeties: Ronde Barber (TB) and William Moore (ATL)

After a disastrous last year at cornerback, things are certainly looking better for Barber at safety. He misses too many tackles still, as does his partner in this team, William Moore. The Falcon safety, though, has the ability to make game-changing plays and that’s valuable.

vCash
    PFF has brought up that some of our guys are missing a lot of tackles this year. They just make big plays to recover.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 10-31-2012 at 07:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    ^Barber.
    I would still put decoud over Ronde

vCash
    I haven't seen Bucs games to judge. The only one I caught was their late loss to the Saints, but that was shootout and I didn't focus on him.

vCash
    I'd almost put Decoud over Moore. He's really come up with a lot of turnovers. I think part of us "missing" tackles has to do with us going for those turnovers. I've seen Moore do it several times where he grabs the ball instead of tackling the ball carrier. He's going for the strip