Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 73 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I equate the problem with our O line talent as this. Let's say that we have Steve Nash, Magic Johnson, MIchael Cooper, and fast smaller players on the team. But instead of fastbreaking and running the ball, we decide to play a half court offense that slows down and don't utilize our speed. The coach would be to blame, because he didn't adjust to the talent we have nor did he get the best out of his players.

We didn't draft or have on the current roster the players that fit the scheme that Tice wanted to run. Instead of Tice adjusting to the talent we had, he played less talented players or players that fit his scheme over the players who were more talented but in a different style. We could have had a successful O line of Williams/Rachal/Spencer/Louis/Carimi

But it would have taken changing the scheme for the talent we have. Trying to fit square pegs in round holes never works.

vCash
    What position would peppers play in a 3-4?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ho_va2006 View Post
    What position would peppers play in a 3-4?
    DE and OLB

vCash
    Outside of the obvious incompetent OC we need to replace, we must find a new LT, LG, and TE at the minimum. If Alshon can stay healthy, I like our WR's next year assuming Hester never sees the field on offense.

vCash
    What would we be looking at cap-wise if we cut Hester? Wonder if we could pick up a 3rd rounder for him. Due to his popularity, it might be a tough sell for there public-relations department.

vCash
    Cut: Hester and Bennett

Sign: Jake Long, Jared Cook, Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola

Draft a C/G in the 1st or 2nd round, then the rest on defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ho_va2006 View Post
    What would we be looking at cap-wise if we cut Hester? Wonder if we could pick up a 3rd rounder for him. Due to his popularity, it might be a tough sell for there public-relations department.
    No. Hester is worthless and every team knows this. He will probably find his way on a roster next season, but nobody is gonna give up a pick for him and his salary.

vCash
    Cutting hester and bennett would be stupid. Hester maybe depending on that deescalating bonus, but Bennett's pay is guarantees, so you'd pay to not have him...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BcEuAbRsS View Post
    No. Hester is worthless and every team knows this. He will probably find his way on a roster next season, but nobody is gonna give up a pick for him and his salary.
    His salary isn't that bad, dude. It's a bit under $2mil. The question is what do his bonuses look like?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    His salary isn't that bad, dude. It's a bit under $2mil. The question is what do his bonuses look like?
    Would you trade for Hester costing 2 million? He doesn't offer anything anymore.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...-bonus-bennett

You are wrong about Bennett's contract... most of the guaranteed has already been paid... honestly, I'd pay that 1.5 million to save the remaining on his contract... he is a poor complementary WR, we need guys that run great routes and actually get open...
    Last edited by BcEuAbRsS; 12-09-2012 at 08:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BcEuAbRsS View Post
    Would you trade for Hester costing 2 million? He doesn't offer anything anymore.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...-bonus-bennett

You are wrong about Bennett's contract... most of the guaranteed has already been paid... honestly, I'd pay that 1.5 million to save the remaining on his contract... he is a poor complementary WR, we need guys that run great routes and actually get open...
    I'm not wrong. His first two years of the extension are guaranteed. Next year is year two. Yes, most of it is already paid ($6.75mil IIRC), but not next year's guaranteed salary.

As for Hester, I'd trade a 5th or so for him if i'm needing a PR/KR. It'd give a team ticket sales and you'd have a guy who is still dangerous when he touches the ball.

vCash
    And yeah, you don't save that $1.5mil if you cut him. You save $750k which is about the cost of a replacement.

So, no, you don't cut Earl because it's a ****ing stupid idea.

vCash
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/devin-hester/

That's Hester's...

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/earl-bennett/

That's Bennett's...

I can only see keeping one of them... They both are bad in my opinion though...

And I simply can't see a team trading anything at all for Hester... he isn't a elite returner anymore and hasn't been all season... a 5th rounder could easily find you a far better quality player than Hester...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    And yeah, you don't save that $1.5mil if you cut him. You save $750k which is about the cost of a replacement.

So, no, you don't cut Earl because it's a ****ing stupid idea.
    You don't play a player to non existent either... not only do you save for the 2013 season, you avoid paying the 3 million roster bonus in 2014...

vCash
    Hester's bonus will not be $10mil.

I'm on my phone, so i won't be lengthy, but i assure you that those numbers are not right for Hester and probably not for Earl.

Page 65 of 73 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast