Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    I would take a 7th in a second.

It's a 1.45 mil cap hit to cut him
    It could be 10M, we should still cut him. The guy is awful. Go get a Bennett, Cook, Myers, etc in FA.
    Fred and dustin FAs too

our future

vCash
    Rather draft Eifert or Ertz. Personally I really like Ertz

vCash
    Fred and dustin FAs too
    That's my hope for TE, personally.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash
    Wrong thread
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash
    I don't think we can use another 7th round LT we already have one and you wouldn't get much more then a Webb for Davis

I would take a 7th in a second.

It's a 1.45 mil cap hit to cut him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ-30 View Post
    I don't think we can use another 7th round LT we already have one and you wouldn't get much more then a Webb for Davis
    I'd take "a Webb" for Davis he'd be put on the practice squad more than likely anyway and Davis would come off the books

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMac83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ-30 View Post
    I'd take "a Webb" for Davis he'd be put on the practice squad more than likely anyway and Davis would come off the books
    Bingo!

our future

vCash
    I have to comment on this "Norv Turner as Bears OC" bullcrap. Norv is overrated. Football has passed him by. I would be disapointed if he was made an OC. I really don't see him as a "Offense Genius Mastermind." lol

If Lovie stays, he needs to fire Tice. All we heard was that he was a Oline Guru. Really? He's wasted 3 years on that fat Webb. JC has almost been killed because of that guy. Tice had his chance and failed, IMO. He has ignored common sense and I want him gone.

After Lovie fires Tice, he needs to promote Bates. He was an OC at Seattle with no talent. Go read about what he had to work with. There wasn't much. Bates has expeirence with JC & Bmarsh. I believe JC trusts him, and the two of them probably could game plan better then Tice.

If Lovie stays, and I assume he will, he needs young fresh blood on his coaching staff that wants to prove himself. (Bates)

Please, I beg you, let's drop this Norv bullcrap now. It's annoying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DESERTDWELLER View Post
    I have to comment on this "Norv Turner as Bears OC" bullcrap. Norv is overrated. Football has passed him by. I would be disapointed if he was made an OC. I really don't see him as a "Offense Genius Mastermind." lol

If Lovie stays, he needs to fire Tice. All we heard was that he was a Oline Guru. Really? He's wasted 3 years on that fat Webb. JC has almost been killed because of that guy. Tice had his chance and failed, IMO. He has ignored common sense and I want him gone.

After Lovie fires Tice, he needs to promote Bates. He was an OC at Seattle with no talent. Go read about what he had to work with. There wasn't much. Bates has expeirence with JC & Bmarsh. I believe JC trusts him, and the two of them probably could game plan better then Tice.

If Lovie stays, and I assume he will, he needs young fresh blood on his coaching staff that wants to prove himself. (Bates)

Please, I beg you, let's drop this Norv bullcrap now. It's annoying.
    I agree with Norv not being an option. I'm sure it's a very small group of people that would be happy with that move and i assure you that after the Martz experiment none of them r in the Chicago Bears front office.

Tice has game planned better since the San Fran fiasco. The offense is clicking. If they keep moving the ball and eating clock like they have been i'm ok with Tice getting another year.

vCash
    Thought this was interesting given the Manti love around here:
    Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o: NFL scouts love his will, passion, desire and intangibles. They are curious how Te'o, who dropped about 15 pounds before his senior year, had no interceptions entering this season but has seven this season. They believe he's very good, just not elite. But they say if former Boston College linebacker Luke Kuechly was good enough to go ninth overall in last April's draft, then Te'o should be good enough to be selected somewhere between Nos. 10 and 15, especially considering that he is a three-down linebacker.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...hefter-10-spot

Might not be as costly as a Julio Jones, but he'll still be expensive if we want him.

Also more smoke to the Long FA fire:
    3. Long gone? Pro Bowl offensive tackle Jake Long is out for the year with a torn triceps, and the real question is whether he'll return to the Miami Dolphins. For the second straight year, a former No. 1 overall pick is going to be so pricey for the franchise tag that he could wind up leaving the team. Last year, it was former Houston Texans defensive end Mario Williams, and this year it could be Long.

Long's salary-cap number this season is higher than the $9.5 million to $10 million projected franchise number for offensive linemen, so the Dolphins would have to franchise him at 120 percent of this year's salary-cap number, which is $12.8 million. Thus, his franchise tag this offseason would be a whopping $15,365,952, according to league sources. Because the number is so high, some around the league believe that the Dolphins cannot afford to tag Long and that he will be able to test the free-agent market, just as Williams did last season.

Houston lost Williams to the Buffalo Bills, and it's one reason the Dolphins have attempted, unsuccessfully, to sign Long before he can hit the market and leave Miami. They recognize that their best chance to keep him might be to sign him now. But so far, the two sides haven't gotten close to a deal, which means it's just about fourth-and-Long in Miami.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post

Might not be as costly as a Julio Jones, but he'll still be expensive if we want him.

Huh. I don't follow college ball like you guys, but it sounds like this Irish LB may be having his best season yet, consindering that he NEVER had a INT until THIS season. I won't lie, that concerns me. This sounds like a typical kid who has one outstanding season in college and then busts at the NFL level. I'm not sure if I feel ok about trading up by using all of/most of our picks. But, like I said, I don't follow college ball.

As for Long, that sounds like good news. We may have a shot at him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DESERTDWELLER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post

Huh. I don't follow college ball like you guys, but it sounds like this Irish LB may be having his best season yet, consindering that he NEVER had a INT until THIS season. I won't lie, that concerns me. This sounds like a typical kid who has one outstanding season in college and then busts at the NFL level. I'm not sure if I feel ok about trading up by using all of/most of our picks. But, like I said, I don't follow college ball.

As for Long, that sounds like good news. We may have a shot at him.
    Yeah manti is not a one year wonder at all

our future

vCash
    Yeah manti is not a one year wonder at all
    Ok. I'll trust my Bear Brethern. If Emery tries to get him, so be it.

vCash
    Long is going to cost a ton, he's a massive risk that could end up absolutely killing us. I'm just not sure we should go that route. From the sound of it, he really struggles with the smaller, quick pass-rushers and I can't imagine that improving. He's only going to get slower and struggle more as more teams employ these types of players. If they haven't been able to strike a deal, its likely because Miami wants him to take a cut in line with his current performance, and he's not down with that. Its not like the kid has been working for peanuts for years and is finally in-line for a new deal, and has earned a huge raise. He's always had a massive contract and its debatable of whether or not he's worth it anymore.

He scares me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Long is going to cost a ton, he's a massive risk that could end up absolutely killing us. I'm just not sure we should go that route. From the sound of it, he really struggles with the smaller, quick pass-rushers and I can't imagine that improving. He's only going to get slower and struggle more as more teams employ these types of players. If they haven't been able to strike a deal, its likely because Miami wants him to take a cut in line with his current performance, and he's not down with that. Its not like the kid has been working for peanuts for years and is finally in-line for a new deal, and has earned a huge raise. He's always had a massive contract and its debatable of whether or not he's worth it anymore.

He scares me.
    I feel the same at times. Just such a massive upgrade from Webb it calms me, branden Albert will be our first look with emerys contact with kc

our future

Page 62 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast