Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    vCash
    More evidence that we need a new TE

- Kellen Davis has had a rough year as a pass catcher. He is worst in YPRR, second-worst in yards per target, and is targeted at the second lowest rate. It doesn’t help his case that he’s dropped a third of his catchable balls either.
    PFF

vCash
    How much do we owe Davis next year? Can we just trade him?

vCash
    Who would trade for him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    How much do we owe Davis next year? Can we just trade him?
    I would take a 7th in a second.

It's a 1.45 mil cap hit to cut him

our future

vCash
    I wish they would at least see what Adams would bring to the field.

vCash
    I personally don't see Tice going anywhere as long as Lovie is here.

The OC has been the scapegoat way too long under Lovie's reign, and I think that if you're going to fire Tice then Lovie goes as well. I personally don't mind Lovie, and I think Tice can be good if he follows the game plan for the last couple of games.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Yea I have a hard time seeing Tice gettin replaced without Lovie getting the boot. And we gotta stop thinking Carimi can play LT, he can't pass protect at all and as bad as Webb is he's still a better option than Carimi. Carimi's career is most likely gonna be on the right side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    Ry, you make some good points here, but this is the spot where you lost me. IMO, you contradict yourself here. Yes, Webb and Carimi are young. However, Webb has been Tice's pet project for almost 3 full season's now; yet he hasn't improved. He's young, but he has almost 3 full season's worth of starts and he is still the same crappy pass blocker he was the past two seasons. Carimi actually looks like he has regressed from college in terms of pass pro. He came from a sound technical school at Wisconsin, yet whatever the Bears have taught him has made him worse. Their issues aren't simply that they don't have the athletic ability to be good. Their technique is awful and it has been consistently awful in Webb's case. That is on the coaching.
    Webb has improved, not to the level most people want, but without a doubt hes improved. Hes gone from 14 sacks given up, to 8 this year. Hes also gone from 13 penalities to 5. Jared might eat him up for 6 this week but hes on pace to have a better season.

Heres my thing with young guys and people are fine to disagree with me. If you look at the progression of most 7th round picks that are successful, its usually they fight to make a roster, hang on the practice squad, then finially get a shot year 3-4. Guys like Jason Peters and Romo come to mind.

With that said I see Webb getting on the field as a positive, since most guys would develop sitting on the bench. Long term I think Webb being thown in will befit. But I see it as Webb could be developing on the bench like most players like him. Or he could play and struggle. He is and has always been a devleopmental player to me. Just because hes starting doesn't change that to me. What I'm looking for is who he is at 26 and 28-32 range which minus RB I would consider a NFL players prime years. IMO 24 year old Webb isn't going to make the same mistake as a 28 vet will. Webbs stayed healthy and has freakish upside. Athletically there aren't a lot of players DEs who are going to completly blow him away on that level.

Completely disagree about Carimi at LT. If he had the quickness to play LT he wouldn't have fell to us in the draft. Think about the Chris Williams pick, he went high just because people thought he could develop into a average LT. Theres a huge preiume on LT. Maybe Carimi proves people wrong, but my opinion is based on a bunch of GMs passing on him in the draft because they didn't think he could play LT.

Again I don't see the Bears having a ton of money to spend this year. Melton ultimtaley becomes are big move. There are lot of guys set to be FA. Just because they aren't core guys doesn't mean they won't cost money or even replacing them wont cost money. You also have Cutler, Jennings, Wright and Tillman as FA next year.

vCash
    Allen is playing w a torn labrum. That could help webbie poo

vCash
    In case we don't go far in the playoffs and lovie is canned..i hope we snag chip kelly.

vCash
    Haggis would nut

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Who would trade for him?
    Dallas was interested in him in the off-season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    Dallas was interested in him in the off-season.
    Then he sucked this year

vCash
    True, but a guy can hope right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    I would take a 7th in a second.

It's a 1.45 mil cap hit to cut him
    It could be 10M, we should still cut him. The guy is awful. Go get a Bennett, Cook, Myers, etc in FA.

Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast