Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BcEuAbRsS View Post
    Plus there may be bad blood with the Turner family and Lovie.
    For all we know, Lovie might not be back next year either.

I'm so glad Angelo is no longer our GM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    Norv Turner for next Bears OC?
    I have always thought that out of all the offensive minded coaches out there, Norv's style would probably fit best with how Lovie wants to run his team.

vCash
    I'd rather see Bates as OC then Norv. He should be given a chance. He does know JC & Marshall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DESERTDWELLER View Post
    I'd rather see Bates as OC then Norv. He should be given a chance. He does know JC & Marshall.
    ^This.

Plus there wouldn't be as drastic of a change in formation names, play calling, etc. so maybe just once the O can have some scheme consistency going into the next year.

vCash
    How did Bates do in Seattle as their OC a couple of years ago?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    I don't understand the question and will NOT answer it.

vCash
    Ok...

vCash
    http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawk...49_hawk19.html

With what he had to work with, not so great. Having JC, BMarsh & Forte would make his life easier. Give JC a decent Oline, and the sky's the limit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Full-Size Ditka View Post
    I don't understand the question and will NOT answer it.
    Ok...
    It's a quote from Arrested Development

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Full-Size Ditka View Post
    It's a quote from Arrested Development
    Never saw it, sorry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DESERTDWELLER View Post
    http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawk...49_hawk19.html

With what he had to work with, not so great. Having JC, BMarsh & Forte would make his life easier. Give JC a decent Oline, and the sky's the limit.
    I think the biggest issue with Tice's offense is that he doesn't seem to be confident nor able to call a good game consistently. He looks very inexperience at managing a game. If Bates were to become the OC, I hope that he could have a good flow that involves many different weapons.

I really couldn't recall what Bates did in Seattle, but I remember him being replace pretty quickly. He did work well with JC and BMarsh in Denver, however.

vCash
    Just some random thoughts.

O-Line-While I would love to see a LT added, I don't see the players being talked about actually hititng FA. Talk is cheap but I will kick myself in the nuts if Jake Long or Clady hit FA. Worse case they will be franchised or traded. Burshard might be an option but I think he would get overpaid 8-10 in FA with teams bidding. With the amount of FA and Melton ultimatley being are big signing I don't see a ton of movement in FA for the bears overall.

One thing that I keep hearing we don't develop lineman. Webb and Carimi are both 24. Sure there are exceptions but its probable more common for 24 year old tackles to ride the bench, and struggle vs being a elite guy. Those guys that are good usually are top picks.

I would use the analogy of baking a cake from scratch. You have sugar and flower and great ingredients to make a great cake. With that said it doesn't mean the cake is going to come out great, it could be horrible. But you still need to wait the hour for it to cook, because if you took it out in half an hour it would be terrible.

Webb and Carimi have all pro level atheltically ability. Webb in particular has terrible tecnic at times. He has to many terrible games in general. But hes big, lanky and has the athletic ability to not get blow athletically.

I have heard people say carimi should play LT because its his natural position. I disagree. If you look at the majority of NFL lineman most played LT in college. Mankins and Evans all pro guards who played LT in college.

But Carimi can't play LT because atheltically he can't stay with guys. You look around the league at DEs/OLB and the level of atheltic guys is increible. You have Ware, A Smith, Peppers, Allen, Miller and a ton more. Carimi simple doesn't have the quickness to stay with those guys.

WR

Marshal is officially my favorite Bear after this season. If you know me I have always been big on Marshall. Hes been fun to watch, in the same way I disliked Olsen because he never broke tackle, I love Marshall because hes so physical.

But there is nothing behind him. I like Jeffrey but I don't want to bank on it. Always been a Knox guy and I hope he comes back, but I'm not banking on him either. Bennett I have never liked and isn't a starting WR even in the slot. Hes got great hands and good after the catch.

But hes horrible seporating from CBs. On the season Bennett has caught only 53% of his targets. With the line being bad, this offense would benifit from a slot WR who can be a quick outlett for a 5-6 yard catch.

vCash
    Carimi does have the quickness to play LT. The problem with putting Carimi at LT is that he doesn't know what the **** to do vs. an elite pass rusher.

The Seahawks game's announcers actually made a really, really good point about Webb. Where Carimi fails is in his desire to kill players. He's always aggressive and initiates contact. When playing speed rusher, he's out of position due to his aggression. Webb, while a guy with huge size, "catches" players (their phrasing), and that, to me, is just fine. The problem with Webb is he doesn't know what the **** to do after he's gained leverage/body position and just gets raped.

As for quick catches, we don't need a quick slot receiver. We just need a guy willing to go across the middle and get killed. THAT'S why Earl's valuable. Yes, he's only caught 53% of his passes when a ball was thrown in his direction. Some of that is on Earl, but it's FAR from only him and FAR from the majority of the problems being him.

We need a speed guy with sure hands to open the field up deep. Alshon's inability to get separation isn't a problem - the problem stems from him playing flanker when he's been on the field. He hasn't established himself as a great route runner. IF he can do so, playing him at flanker makes us huge and deadly on the outside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ry31walsh View Post
    One thing that I keep hearing we don't develop lineman. Webb and Carimi are both 24. Sure there are exceptions but its probable more common for 24 year old tackles to ride the bench, and struggle vs being a elite guy. Those guys that are good usually are top picks.

Webb and Carimi have all pro level atheltically ability. Webb in particular has terrible tecnic at times. He has to many terrible games in general. But hes big, lanky and has the athletic ability to not get blow athletically.
    Ry, you make some good points here, but this is the spot where you lost me. IMO, you contradict yourself here. Yes, Webb and Carimi are young. However, Webb has been Tice's pet project for almost 3 full season's now; yet he hasn't improved. He's young, but he has almost 3 full season's worth of starts and he is still the same crappy pass blocker he was the past two seasons. Carimi actually looks like he has regressed from college in terms of pass pro. He came from a sound technical school at Wisconsin, yet whatever the Bears have taught him has made him worse. Their issues aren't simply that they don't have the athletic ability to be good. Their technique is awful and it has been consistently awful in Webb's case. That is on the coaching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    Ry, you make some good points here, but this is the spot where you lost me. IMO, you contradict yourself here. Yes, Webb and Carimi are young. However, Webb has been Tice's pet project for almost 3 full season's now; yet he hasn't improved. He's young, but he has almost 3 full season's worth of starts and he is still the same crappy pass blocker he was the past two seasons. Carimi actually looks like he has regressed from college in terms of pass pro. He came from a sound technical school at Wisconsin, yet whatever the Bears have taught him has made him worse. Their issues aren't simply that they don't have the athletic ability to be good. Their technique is awful and it has been consistently awful in Webb's case. That is on the coaching.
    Bingo.

Although, I think Carimi's regressed mostly due to facing pro quality pass rushers more than anything else. He could get away with manhandling players in college. He can't do that now. If he just would sit the **** back in his pass set and meet players as opposed to attack players, he'd be fine.

#ilikedefensivemindedoffensivelinemen

Page 60 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast