Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nabster26 View Post
    I am starting to believe like many of you that urlacher will not be back next year and I cannot think of a good replacement since We cannot get teo or ogletree .... Do yall think there is anychance that next year We shift briggs to MLB he probably knows this def around the same level as urlacher so he can call plays .... And finding someone to take for briggs production won't be as hard urlachers

Thoughts?
    Briggs is much better where he is for run D

vCash
    I wanted Briggs at MLB when Brian went down, but I'm not for that anymore.

Briggs is elite at WLB. Briggs probably wouldn't be a ton better than Roach at MLB.

Acquire a young MLB next season, and we go from there. If Urlacher's back, then we can groom that kid. If not, it's a "nut up, rookie" situation.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash
    On another not... what are people's thoughts Saints LT Jermon Bushrod. Could come cheaper than the top tier guys (Long, Clady). Can't find a good or recent scouting report on him. Looked over at the Saints board and the fans there are thinking he hits the market.

Anybody got some solid info on him?

vCash
    Are there any middle linebackers available in FA next year? Or are we going to have to draft one for sure? And if so... Who could we realistically draft?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    Are there any middle linebackers available in FA next year? Or are we going to have to draft one for sure? And if so... Who could we realistically draft?
    There are answers for this, but the problem is the Tampa 2

our future

vCash
    Bushrod is craaaaazy overrated.

And I bet the T2 is pretty much done when Brian's done. I think we have the players to adapt to that, so I don't think we're really going to be limited a ton in terms of who we want to get at MLB other than "athletic."
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash
    I'm really interested to know if Lovie and Emery think that Shea could play MLB after a full offseason and camp. I just don't ever see Shea being able to be a 3 down end...

vCash
    What about Brandon Hardin? He's got a similar situation to Urlacher, where if he bulked up, he could play cover 2 linebacker and not lose that much speed probably. I doubt he ends up at safety for us. And he's certainly got the size for it.

#VoteRizzo... or else

vCash
    He played cb in college I think. Little different. Plus we have no idea if he's even good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    He played cb in college I think. Little different. Plus we have no idea if he's even good.
    True, but I think he has the basic skill-set. I dunno, just throwing ideas out there.

#VoteRizzo... or else

vCash
    Hardin is weighing in at 217... if he could put on 20 lbs then I suppose it would be possible... him at SLB would make a tad bit more sense to me...

If Urlacher was gone, I'd be fine with going with a line backing core of:

WLB-Roach
    MLB-Shea
    SLB-Hardin

That's if keeping the 4-3 style defense, if Urlacher leaves then I would honestly perfer to just get as young as possible on the defensive side.

Blaaaa, when these older guys start to go the defense is gonna be ugly for awhile. Load up on offense and let the rebuilding of the defense begin. I know it's vastly unlikely but I wouldn't mind the rebuilding happening sooner rather than later.

vCash
    I like the idea of Hardin covering TEs from the SLB position, assuming he gains weight. I also think you're on to something when you say get as young as possible ASAP. We're gonna need Briggs, Tillman, Peppers, Jennings, and Melton to be the heart of the D, while also injecting more youth into the equation. Then slowly phase out the older guys. Regardless, priority 1 is finding a replacement for Lach.

vCash
    Norv Turner for next Bears OC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    Norv Turner for next Bears OC?
    He loves crivers. Jay hates crivers

vCash
    Plus there may be bad blood with the Turner family and Lovie.

Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast