Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 73 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ho_va2006 View Post
    Honestly, lets consider that we don't make the playoffs. Being Phil Emery's second year he might be considering changing up the coaching staff. Any ideas of who might be considered?

The first that come to my mind are Brian Billick and Bill Cower.
    why consider that? The team is 8-4, not 4-8. They'll definitly make the playoffs barring any major injuries.

vCash
    The team is really being challenged with injuries, I honestly don't think any of the upcoming games are gimmies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiBulls4Life View Post
    why consider that? The team is 8-4, not 4-8. They'll definitly make the playoffs barring any major injuries.
    I don't think we'll miss the playoffs, but we have been racking up the injuries.

I'm not necessarily against keeping Lovie, regardless of what happens. I just want Emery to hire someone to manage Lovie's timeouts and challenges.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    The team is really being challenged with injuries, I honestly don't think any of the upcoming games are gimmies.
    No game in a sport is a gimmie. Thinking games at any point in a season against any team is a 'gimmie game' will just add on to frustrations when fans think that way imo cuz anyone can win any given game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiBulls4Life View Post
    No game in a sport is a gimmie. Thinking games at any point in a season against any team is a 'gimmie game' will just add on to frustrations when fans think that way imo cuz anyone can win any given game.
    You mean like today's game??

vCash
    I'm not saying I'm against keeping Lovie, I just think Phil Emery will eventually want to pick his own coach. While the defease has been playing above potential, the offense has not. Its been that was for a long, long time. It could finally cost Lovie his job. Not that he has had a ton of options as OC, Tice and Martz were not the best available.

Realistically, it might take 11 wins to make the playoffs. I'm praying we pull it off, but its definately not easy. Have to beat Min, Ari, and Det. Before the season, it was pretty much confirmend that its a playoffs or bust year.

vCash
    He could Keep Lovie and promote Bates. It will keep some semblance of the current offense, but the philosophy and play calling will change.
    But changing the coach probably isn't going to fix the OL, which is probably the largest source of problems for the Offense. And I don't even know who to blame the OL on, let alone what to change to fix it.

vCash
    mock offseason:

Bears Resign/Extend/Re-up:

Melton: 5 yrs 37.5 Mill contract 17.5 Guaranteed
    Urlacher: 2 yrs 6 mill contract
    - Urlacher knows he is about done and he has looked up and down this yr .... with a full offseason of rest and rehab he may be a little better but not much better than he currently is. But he can still make up for what he lacks with his instinct and knowledge of our def. Also he can still groom his replacement which we will have to draft this yr.
    Tillman: extend 3 yrs 15 million 6 guaranteed : Tillman is showing no signs of slowing down and can always move to safety like many of us wanted him to do so many yrs ago.
    Cutler: extend 5 yrs 65 million 25 guaranteed : Cutler maybe the most important player on our team, but he is not putting up the numbers to earn him a $100 mill contract (much will depend on what matt ryan and joe flacco get this offseason). But cutler is very important to us so he will still be getting quite a raise from 8.5 mill to around 13 mill.

Idonije 2 yrs 5 million : Pretty simple Idonije and Bears benefit from each other with the contract

Free agents/Trade

Zach Miller (Sea) is due 6.8 million + 3 million roster bonus next year I do not see him being with the team in 2013 or at least cut before the 2013 year starts since he is under utilized in Seattle.

Bears Sign TE Zach Miller 3 yrs 18 mill Millers value may be underestimated while be under utilized in Seattle. Miller was one of the top TE in the league back in OAK and he is a great blocker and a great receiver and would be the perfect TE for us if released.

If Miller not released
    Trade 2014 4th rounder to Jacksonville for TE marcedes lewis - Great redzone threat and instant upgrade over Davis... Another TE who has been under utilized recently and could look a lot better in Chicago Bears Blue

OG Jeremy Trueblood 3 yrs 12 million 4 million guaranteed Trueblood is the type of OG we need someone who will play past the whistle and i dont want to say play dirty but play a certain way that will make the DE's frustrated with his style. There isnt anything glorious about the way Trueblood plays, he is just a someone who will leave it all on the field which is something we need on our oline.

Rey Maualuga 2 yrs 6 million Rey Maualuga looked like a great prospect coming out of USC and at onpoint looked like the best of the 3 lbs (Cushing, Matthews III, Maualagu), turned out to be the worst and looks like he isnt living up to his potential. In chicago he could be coached up right and could turn into a good OLB, or even a good MLB if we want to put him there.

Draft:
    Bears trade 1st round pick to Arizona for 2nd, 3rd, and future 2nd (Arizona will have to draft a QB and a OT to protect that QB in this draft best way to do that is with multiple 1st round picks)

2nd via Arizona :Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford - Even though we signed Rey, Skov can be the future leader of our def and can be a big part of our def with the proper grooming at LB
    2nd via Chicago : Travis Frederick, G/C, Wisconsin - We still need to upgrade out Oline, but with Frederick we could finally be taking a step in the right direction.
    3rd via Arizona :Kyle Long, OT, Oregon - Son of Howie Long, he the bloodlines to make it in the NFL and the size to be a OT in the NFL. Could potentially start day one for us and help us with our oline. An oline after this draft/offseason of Webb/Trueblood/Frederick/Carimi/Long or Long/Trueblood/Garza/Frederick/Carimi (depending if we still want Webb, who didnt look bad today) could be a step in the right direction.
    4th via Chicago :Travis Howard, CB, Ohio State Provides depth at CB/S. He is big enough to play both spots and could be groomed as a replacement for one of our corners.
    5th via Chicago :Conner Vernon, WR, Duke a WR that could have some potential has size and has play consistent at Duke.
    6th via Chicago: Baker Steinkuhler, DT/DE, Nebraska Has size and speed could be a good project that could have some potential down the road

vCash
    The only reason I would give Urlacher two years is if we couldn't find a replacement this offseason. Then it's one year of play and another year to groom the replacement. Hopefully we find his replacement this year. He even mentioned retiring if they win the Superbowl.

No to Rey Maualuga. He's not as rangy as a Tampa-2 MLB needs to be and his pass coverage is average at best. Were solid at OLB for now.

vCash
    When Urlacher goes, the Tampa 2 goes (unless we have a miracle happen and land Manti).
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash
    ^ You don't believe Minter can be that guy?

vCash
    Why are you getting 2 OG when we have Lance Louis, who should have no problem getting back for next season?

vCash
    Anyone else think Mike Sims-Walker would be an interesting piece to bring in?

#VoteRizzo... or else

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by La_Biblioteca View Post
    Anyone else think Mike Sims-Walker would be an interesting piece to bring in?
    Marshall wants him. But if Jeffery is back in gear then no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Marshall wants him. But if Jeffery is back in gear then no.
    Agreed..if Jeffrey is good to go then no need..but if he has a set back..definitely..nothing to lose - Low risk, High reward.

Page 56 of 73 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast