Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 73 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by La_Biblioteca View Post
    That's a silly analogy because getting a new headset is way different than trying to sign a top free agent who plays the highest paid positions in the league.
    not nessisarily saying go out and get carimi, but we have experience in that guys who look good in college dont exactly mean they will do well in the pros, examples of Chris williams (gave up like something amazing like 2 sacks his whole carear in college) and Gabe Carimi. the fact is, using another first on an OT just seems silly to me. im tired of saying yea, this is the year that we are going to have a good OT, or a good WR, after a point of hopeing one of your draft picks steps up and they dont, you finaly throw draft picks for a guy like Brandon Marshall, or 2 first for a QB that can get **** done. I feel like we have had such a bad O line for so long the FO will finaly say lets get a proven guy. not nessisarily a Long or Clady, although that would be nice, but get a guy who doesnt look ****ing silly all the time and a guy who on the last game of the season, with a guy who needs 6+ sacks to break the record, people are watching to see if he can do it. our Line is Laughable. false starts, bad holding calls, and just blown pass protectiong gets tiresome, both for a QB, and a Team. lets finaly get somebody who has proven in this league that they can at least put there hands on a guy and let Jay step up in the pocket, not another 1st round maybe.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    I'm confused about what you are disagreeing with.

My point is that this should be a simple fix. Webb isn't a 2nd year 1st Rd pick like Carimi so we shouldn't continue to feel obligated to play him. We have an obvious need at OT and it is likely that we can find good value at OT with a high pick. But, we suck at player development and so instead we could end up spending a lot of cap on a FA. That is a massive problem that Emery needs to address with Lovie IMO.
    Ill agree with that but as I stated before at some point, you dont leave these things up to chance, with Jay and the QB situation, or Marshall and the WR situation, you fianly say enough is enough and bring in a proven guy. it is likely we can find good value at OT, but that doesnt mean he will be any better or worse than Webb, the fact is, Webb while not great, has been playing rather well for himself. this year, he hasnt been the only problem.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Ill agree with that but as I stated before at some point, you dont leave these things up to chance, with Jay and the QB situation, or Marshall and the WR situation, you fianly say enough is enough and bring in a proven guy. it is likely we can find good value at OT, but that doesnt mean he will be any better or worse than Webb, the fact is, Webb while not great, has been playing rather well for himself. this year, he hasnt been the only problem.
    But he has been the worst of the problem. Not only does bringing in a decent lt help free up jays blindside but it opens up the offense to allow the TEs and rbs that have helped Webb to help on the right ride or go out on routes.

vCash
    More than anything, what is being taught must change. In three years we have not seen any improvement on this line. It is not that complicated to teach a guy to block the guy in front of you. And for the most part, the guy in front of them is smaller than they are. There are a few exceptions, but come on. Basics...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    Kevin Minter from LSU ( This kid is going to be a stud)
    CJ Mosely (Better fit for a 3-4 team)
    Alec Ogletree (Prototypical T2 MLB, rangy, isn't the best at taking on blocks)

I really am curious, everyone wants to find a LT in FA, but who do you realistically see being available? I have a very hard time envisioning Clady or Albert hitting the market. If we are settling for a Jermon Bushrod or Doug Free (he's going to be released IMO) that is an awful scenario and we are much, much better off drafting an OT early on.
    I said get OL in FA, not specifically LT. I think an upgrade anywhere on the line can't hurt. Plus it will help the weak links around the upgrade. Ideally get two OL. Obviously LT is the greatest need, but we'll probably end up with a C and a G, I don't know.
    Last edited by Full-Size Ditka; 11-30-2012 at 02:32 AM.

vCash
    I'd rather see the Bears go after a LT in FA than draft one, there is not going to be anyone significantly better than Webb where we will be drafting. There should be players that can make more of an impact at other positions.

vCash
    I personally think Albert will be available and he will be the Bears next LT. Just a hunch. If available when we draft, Barrett Jones would be ideal cause he could start anywhere IMO.

Carimi just needs that mean streak back he had at Wisconsin. He just seems so soft out there.

vCash
    I wish the Bears could get a guy like Stedman Bailey. He would be a great change of pace Harvin type of player.

vCash
    What if both Barrett Jones & Alec Ogletree are available with the Bears pick?

Who is the better value there? I love Jones and think he's a no brainer pick for us, but it'd be hard to pass up Ogletree.

vCash
    I don't like hearing that Ogletree struggles to shed blocks, but I know he's a playmaker. That would be a tough one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    I wish the Bears could get a guy like Stedman Bailey. He would be a great change of pace Harvin type of player.
    What round is he projected to go in?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

Who is the better value there? I love Jones and think he's a no brainer pick for us, but it'd be hard to pass up Ogletree.
    Jones, then draft Minter in the 2nd, he's a stud

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

Barrett Jones

Personally, I think there are 3 guarantees in this draft: Joeckel, Te'o, and Jones. Jones is easily just as good of a prospect as either Pouncey at C IMO and is the 2nd best OT in this class.

vCash
    I don't think Ogletree falls to where we will be in the draft. I can't see him sticking around past 20. If that's the case, I'm all for Barrett Jones. He can fill any number of gaps in our front five. Then Minter second round maybe?

vCash
    At least we aren't the Raiders:

Page 54 of 73 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast