Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 73 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    13 million
    **** it is that all???, not a hope in hell of anything splashy next year by the time we sign our own guys and draft picks and keep back some for a reserve, The front office doesn't like going into a season without reserve cap in case of injury.

vCash
    With Jake Long set to make 15/16 mm/year... we need to look elsewhere for a LT.
    You may think you know but you're horribly blind...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BowDown View Post
    With Jake Long set to make 15/16 mm/year... we need to look elsewhere for a LT.
    Yea I think so, but you never know if he fell into our lap we would make the cap room.

vCash
    Roto:

Beat writer Sean Jensen believes the Bears have interest in free agent DE Jason Babin.
    Like many teams, the Bears may not want to put a claim in on Babin because they'd have to eat the remainder of his 2012 salary, roughly $1.8 million. But if he clears waivers at 4 p.m. today, expect a whole bunch of teams to get in on a guy one year removed from an 18-sack season. The Lions, who run the wide-nine scheme Babin prefers, could also show interest. The Ravens, Falcons, Colts and Browns are reportedly not interested.

vCash
    Did not think we had a roster spot open, who is on the way out?

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears promoted linebacker Patrick Trahan from the practice squad to the active roster on Wednesday, and signed defensive end Aston Whiteside to the practice squad.

Trahan played in five games for the Bears in 2011, posting five tackles on special teams. Trahan has spent the past 11 weeks on the club’s practice squad.

Whiteside, meanwhile, spent the first five weeks of this season on the practice squad and the majority of the preseason with the club. Whiteside originally came into the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Dallas Cowboys out of Abilene Christian University.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bearfanrp View Post
    Did not think we had a roster spot open, who is on the way out?

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears promoted linebacker Patrick Trahan from the practice squad to the active roster on Wednesday, and signed defensive end Aston Whiteside to the practice squad.

Trahan played in five games for the Bears in 2011, posting five tackles on special teams. Trahan has spent the past 11 weeks on the club’s practice squad.

Whiteside, meanwhile, spent the first five weeks of this season on the practice squad and the majority of the preseason with the club. Whiteside originally came into the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Dallas Cowboys out of Abilene Christian University.
    2spots, lance louis in IR and Okoye gone

vCash

2012 FA/Trade ideas thread (and CSSTL's never seen Dumb & Dumber)

^ gurode is one if them so just one...

Taking about cap space though, don't read into 13 million. I barely wanted to answer the question. We can open up close to 25-30 with the inflated Unguaranteed contracts on some players, like Spencer's 4 million for example.

our future

vCash
    Yea guys like Spencer and Hester will most likely be gone, Urlacher won't make nearly as much if he is still here, Peanut may get a new contract so he isn't owed 9 million next season, Izzy may not be back, Bennett could very well get cut (unlikely, but I wouldn't mind)... there are countless ways to expand the cap and guessing what it's going to be right now is nearly impossible...

vCash
    Just heard (unconfirmed) that the Jaguars claimed Babin.

Go Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, and Illini!

vCash
    Why is everyone so done with Hester??

Sure he isnt the bad *** returner from a couple years ago, but he is still a threat..he can still go the distance and look at how many teams that don't even kick to him!! We get great field position with just having him back there. And let's be honest he was never much of a Wide Receiver to begin with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Why is everyone so done with Hester??

Sure he isnt the bad *** returner from a couple years ago, but he is still a threat..he can still go the distance and look at how many teams that don't even kick to him!! We get great field position with just having him back there. And let's be honest he was never much of a Wide Receiver to begin with.
    I agree, he still changes field position based on how teams kick away from him, I have to think some of the shanked punts we see against us are because of his concern, all the squib kicks, etc.

He has not panned out as a WR, my only real problem with him is that he is being paid based on being a good WR rather than a very good returner and an okay situational WR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Duke View Post
    2spots, lance louis in IR and Okoye gone
    My bad, was thinking Okoye/Gurode was a 1-1 swap, forgot about the IR spot from Lance.

vCash

Taking about cap space though, don't read into 13 million. I barely wanted to answer the question. We can open up close to 25-30 with the inflated Unguaranteed contracts on some players, like Spencer's 4 million for example.
    Spencer is already set to be a FA

vCash

Thanks Mike, I suppose it's too early too even think about cap space until the end of the season anyway. I must do a breakdown of the contracts again.

Too lazy to right now.

vCash
    Rolando McClain is supposedly getting cut tomorrow. I'd definitely look into signing him if I'm the Bears. Worst case scenario, it's more LB depth.

Page 50 of 73 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast