Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 73 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    vCash
    He realized how bad he sucks so he is doing our organization a favor and cutting himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BcEuAbRsS View Post
    We need at minimum two new starters, LT and LG mainly. My thinking is that Webb and Carimi will battle for the least suckitude spot at RT with the loser being the swing tackle.

My dream free agency: Long, Welker, Finley.

Draft a Guard the the rest of the draft on an aging defense. Yes the defense is still awesome, but we still need to get younger sooner rather than later.
    You are out of your mind if you think Webb can survive the transition to RT. I actually think Webb can succeed at LT and Gabe can attempt to learn how to pass block as an RT. Barring the last game, Webb has shown significant improvements from the previous 2 years. Carimi has been a huge disappointment in pass protection but we drafted him in the 1st for a reason and he should be given another 2 years to prove himself.

Getting any of Long, Welker, or Finley would be horrible. Not only would they be overpriced, but they would not be effective at all (except for Long if he can turn it around). Finley is a headcase who can't runblock and relies on Aaron Rodgers to make him look like a weapon. Finley on the Bears would be worse than Kellen Davis, and that is saying a lot.

Welker is good but I don't think we would use him enough to justify the price tag.

I do think we need someone new at LG, but I'm not sure how much of the offensive line problems are due to inept coaching. Webb has shown some promise this year so I'm not willing to give up on him yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    I think Long could make it to FA, but I don't see any of the other players (Clady, Albert, Vollmer) making it to FA. I think the most likely scenario is to look for an OG like Brandon Moore and an OT in the draft. I think we end up with something like:

Rookie-FA-Garza-Louis-Carimi
    I want no parts of a rookie protecting Jay's blindside.

vCash
    Jake Long and Jared Cook would definitely be a solid start to the next offseason.

Other than Long, I also Bushrod, Clady, Andre Smith, and Svitek.

I don't really follow quality O-linemen so any of those 4 intrigue? Assuming they reach FA?

vCash
    Hester and Urlacher will most likely not be back. Cutting Bennett I also wouldn't mind. Finley was cost a ton, he hasn't had the numbers to justify it and Welker can easily be the number 2 while working the slot. And I really doubt we pay Pepp and Tillman nearly 30 million combined. I think we will have more money than most think honestly.

vCash
    I would prefer Cook instead of Finley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    I'm not for drafting a tackle. We have shown we are crap at developing even talented players from college to play pro.

We need a pro to protect the blindside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    I guess I'll ask both of you, why?

There are top OTs slated to hit FA, but there is not guarantee that any of them hit FA. Investing a high draft pick in an OT means we have a cost controlled player and that player likely isn't any worse than a Jermon Bushrod.

I would argue that this isn't an absolutely need to win now team. Yes, I think we will take a step back when we lose Urlacher, Briggs, etc. But, we have enough young pieces like Melton, Paea, Conte, etc that we should be able to rebound quickly if we hit on some draft picks (Shea and Wootton are the key IMO).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    I'm not for drafting a tackle. We have shown we are crap at developing even talented players from college to play pro.

We need a pro to protect the blindside.
    I guess I'll ask both of you, why?

There are top OTs slated to hit FA, but there is not guarantee that any of them hit FA. Investing a high draft pick in an OT means we have a cost controlled player and that player likely isn't any worse than a Jermon Bushrod.

I would argue that this isn't an absolutely need to win now team. Yes, I think we will take a step back when we lose Urlacher, Briggs, etc. But, we have enough young pieces like Melton, Paea, Conte, etc that we should be able to rebound quickly if we hit on some draft picks (Shea and Wootton are the key IMO).
    IMO because we have shown zero ability to coach up a rookie o lineman.
    Most o lineman are not 1st round draft picks, but we can't get them playing either. On some boards carimi was the top rated LT.

FA is before the draft, so if we swing and miss on some FAs then by all men's draft one.

our future

vCash
    I would prefer Cook instead of Finley.
    I probably do to, but I'm willing to bet Cook wil ask for more than Finley. Its clear that Finley as underperformed in GB but I doubt Cook isn't gonna be coveted around the league. I just think Cook would cost more at this point inn their careers.

vCash
    IMO because we have shown zero ability to coach up a rookie o lineman.
    Most o lineman are not 1st round draft picks, but we can't get them playing either. On some boards carimi was the top rated LT.

FA is before the draft, so if we swing and miss on some FAs then by all men's draft one.
    This is the same thing that I am thinking. Tice has not shown the ability to coach up our young OT.

vCash
    Finley seems to be a greedy ****.

vCash
    LT and TE are our most pressing needs right now. I would take a G later in the draft because they are easier to find than T's.

vCash

2012 FA/Trade ideas thread (and CSSTL's never seen Dumb & Dumber)

I'm all for Tyler eiffert in the 1st round of the draft.

our future

vCash
    I wouldn't want a TE in the 1st or 2nd to be honest. I think that you can easily find a good TE in the 3rd, 4th, and possibly 5th round. Graham was drafted in the 3rd, IIRC.

vCash
    I'm all for Tyler eiffert in the 1st round of the draft.
    That is the idea that I want no part of.

Page 42 of 73 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast