Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 73 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Full-Size Ditka View Post
    Valid point. Plus our D is playing so well right now, IMO it would be stupid to spend the next two years changing our system. I understand Lach won't be around for long, but I have faith in Emery's ability to fill that gap via draft or trade. Briggs, Tillman, and Pep all look like they can play a couple more seasons.
    With the depth we have, we are a MLB and CB from being able to be dominant on defense for another 8 yrs, IMO. Get a replacement for Urlacher and Tillman and we're still among the best for years to come. Now, I know finding their replacements won't be easy, but spending 1st rd picks on them the next couple of years, we should find more than capable replacements. Although, I do realize that we will need to use some high draft picks to fix the O line also.

The good thing is that I have faith in Rod and we have good depth on the D line, so we don't need to spend any high picks on them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    With the depth we have, we are a MLB and CB from being able to be dominant on defense for another 8 yrs, IMO. Get a replacement for Urlacher and Tillman and we're still among the best for years to come. Now, I know finding their replacements won't be easy, but spending 1st rd picks on them the next couple of years, we should find more than capable replacements. Although, I do realize that we will need to use some high draft picks to fix the O line also.

The good thing is that I have faith in Rod and we have good depth on the D line, so we don't need to spend any high picks on them.
    Tillman looks like he can still play a couple more years. I'm not worried about him. But we need to find Lach's replacement stat.

As for OL, I would rather find them in FA than the draft. We can't seem to develop OL talent. Either that or we're a horrible judge of college OLinemen.

vCash
    ^we can't develop talent is the answer I've come to. We've had plenty of guys with the skills you'd want , but we can't make them work.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash

vCash
    While I absolutely agree that we can't develop O line talent, Louis is proving this year to be the exception. The lack of development with Beekman, Williams, and so far Carimi is disheartening. Williams and Carimi were 1st rd picks who should have been our starting OT for a decade. I do still have hope for Carimi, however.

vCash
    I liked Williams coming out of school chit he was never going to be a LT in this league, he sucked. I wanted Branden Albert first then Williams. The Chiefs got Albert one pick after Williams and he has started for 5 years.

vCash
    I think my feelings about Williams are well known, but in a different system, maybe the zone blocking one, he Could still be good. However, if we can get Albert or Clady in FA and if Carimi come around, we could have a couple of good OT.

I don't know if E. Williams is viewed as a safe back up or a future starter, but maybe the Bears should consider drafting a C in the 2nd rd. We need this O line solidified. I do like our OG and Brown developing behind them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    I still dont understand why people think Peppers isn't playing at an elite level. The guy has been a monster.
    Honestly, because people are dumb and think being a DE is all about sacks. Who needs to worry about stuffing the run, taking on pulling guards or tackles, taking down double teams so someone else can make a play one on one, containment, blocking passes/kicks, or being a DE who is able to drop back into coverage? Sacks are all that matters!!!!!!!
    Last edited by HrtHustleNMscle; 11-10-2012 at 01:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    First of all, Dumb and Dumber is ****ing amazing. Secondly, shame on you DG, Ace Ventura is an EXCELLENT movie, and hardly childish humor. It's a very, very smart movie. Ace Ventura TWO, however, was ****ing awful. Even Jim Carrey hated that piece of **** because it completely ruined the character and somehow gives the first movie a bad name by association.
    All except the Rhino scene and bumble bee tuna...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HrtHustleNMscle View Post
    All except the Rhino scene and bumble bee tuna...
    Both God awful scenes from the second movie.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Both God awful scenes from the second movie.
    The Rhino scene had me going

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HrtHustleNMscle View Post
    The Rhino scene had me going
    ****!!! Now I have to watch the Ace Ventura sequel?!?!

vCash
    Dumb Jim Carrey movies, again? Dumb and Dumber sucked. Ace Ventura made me vomit(literally made me vomit). The Mask bored me to tears. Any other stupid Jim Carrey movies I need to pee on?
    Screw sabermetics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Dumb Jim Carrey movies, again? Dumb and Dumber sucked. Ace Ventura made me vomit(literally made me vomit). The Mask bored me to tears. Any other stupid Jim Carrey movies I need to pee on?
    Find a mirror in an empty room. Look in it. And then find a way to piss on that guy, because he has no sense of humor.

And even if you don't like those:

The Truman show and Man on the Moon are both incredible movies. So is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

And in seriousness, have you seen the first Ace Ventura? There is nothing vomit-worthy in it. The second one is disgusting AND awful, but the first one is not. And I feel like you've somehow managed not to see it.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Man on the Moon is fantastic. Jim Carrey, while obnoxious in many roles, is an incredible actor.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

Page 34 of 73 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast