Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I am hoping we can draft some good late round talent and sign some great UDFA this next year. Players like Dennard, Heyward, Audie Cole, Burfict, and Massie. While they may have some personality issues or marijuana use red flags, I would not mind getting a couple that could contribute right away or be long term replacements for some of our older players.

I personally feel that Dennard would have been great as an eventual replacement for Tillman and Burfict would be a perfect replacement for Briggs. So moving forward I'm hoping for those type of players in next year's draft.

vCash
    **** guys with character issues. We don't need that ****.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    If Cook is going to be a FA, I wonder if the Titans would consider trading Cook for Davis? Then I wonder if Davis would go on beast mode after being traded.
    If they would do it, we need to do it. I don't see Cook being traded though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Not with that contract for a 33 yo wr
    It's not bad, he won't get those last years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    **** guys with character issues. We don't need that ****.
    I'm ok bringing a couple of those guys in bc of the strong leadership we have. He'll everyone used to bash pep for taking plays off then you put him in w Briggs Trillman and lach and he's 100% all the time. Granted I didn't watch much of him in Carolina so I Duno how true that first accusation was

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    lulwut?

If we get a linebacker to replace Brian, we have a legitimate window of 5-6 years with our current players.

Our D, while aging, really is incredibly young. Outside of Pep, Briggs, Urlacher, and Tillman, we're crazy young. I know those are huge names, but all it takes is one or two other guys to step up, and we're right there again.
    Us lucking into Marshall and Jeffery really did wonders for our overall window, as well as Conte, Wright and Jennings stepping up.

Instead of having to worry about WR or a suspect secondary, we can focus our draft efforts on shoring up the O-Line and getting someone to replace Urlacher. I honestly really like the idea about doing what it takes to get Manti. Let him learn under Urlacher for a couple years and take over when he retires.

Plus if McLellin, Paea, Wootton and Melton can continue to improve and Rod keeps developing defensive linemen we really don't have any major holes. With smart moves this team can keep churning out winning teams. I mean how many teams out there can say they have one real position to fill and the rest of their draft can go towards grooming players for the future.

On another note, I also think thats why we're going to resign Cutler, even if he doesn't deliver these next two years. QB is such an important position, and as long as he's not a total turd ala Vick, then we can't afford to tank a year or trade all we have for a rookie QB that would start right away.

Edit: Another thing in our favor is that the 2013 FA class is potentially great for OL. Jake Long, Clady and Brandon Albert are all possible FA. If you can sign one of those guys, then you can focus the entire draft on just bringing in high talent guys to develop.
    Last edited by Ron!n; 10-31-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Andy's List of Secrets

vCash
    Bears window is huge. This defense isn't that old. Urlacher is 34 thats it. Tillman 31 Briggs 30.. Pep 30 its not like we haven't seen D players play elite till 34... (Urlacher) duh.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

vCash
    Haven't they been "old" according to the media since the Super Bowl year? It feels like every season after that, it's been a huge concern heading into each season.

Urlacher's old, Tillman, Briggs & Peppers are getting older, but most of the D is very young and not just young, but good. Major, Conte, Melton, Paea, Wootton, Okoye are all 25 or younger and Tim Jennings is 28. Age shouldn't be that much of a concern with this D and for as much **** as Angelo got from the media and meathead fans, he did a nice job rebuilding this group.

vCash
    I'm ok bringing a couple of those guys in bc of the strong leadership we have. He'll everyone used to bash pep for taking plays off then you put him in w Briggs Trillman and lach and he's 100% all the time. Granted I didn't watch much of him in Carolina so I Duno how true that first accusation was
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I wouldn't bring in more than 2 questionable guys within the same offseason. I think it's important to have the right balance. But to find 1st rd talent in the late rounds or as an UDFA would be great especially since we only have 5 draft picks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Haven't they been "old" according to the media since the Super Bowl year? It feels like every season after that, it's been a huge concern heading into each season.

Urlacher's old, Tillman, Briggs & Peppers are getting older, but most of the D is very young and not just young, but good. Major, Conte, Melton, Paea, Wootton, Okoye are all 25 or younger and Tim Jennings is 28. Age shouldn't be that much of a concern with this D and for as much **** as Angelo got from the media and meathead fans, he did a nice job rebuilding this group.
    They've been saying that forever. I understand the point the key players are a little older but people don't respect the younger talent we have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I wouldn't bring in more than 2 questionable guys within the same offseason. I think it's important to have the right balance. But to find 1st rd talent in the late rounds or as an UDFA would be great especially since we only have 5 draft picks.
    I think you're really reaching w thinking we can find multiple people like that.

vCash
    They've been saying that forever. I understand the point the key players are a little older but people don't respect the younger talent we have.

I think you're really reaching w thinking we can find multiple people like that.
    True, the chances are very slim. But we could have had both Dennard and Burfict this year and passed on them. I do see what you're saying though.

vCash
    Does Manti have the coverage skills to be good in a cover 2?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rndy69 View Post
    From everything I've read/seen he is the prototypical Tampa 2 MLB.

vCash
    His coverage this year as been nothing short of incredible.

Last year I would have swore you wanted to keep him in a 34. Definitely out of a T2. He can play about any non rush backer position now if you ask me.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Of coarse. If you Watch a ND game, they play a very similar scheme to the bears do to the fact the play bend don't break and rely on manti to cover the ground
    Last edited by mikebrez bears/; 10-31-2012 at 08:08 PM.

our future

vCash
    Mike loves his irish

Page 26 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast