Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    Clay and Long are free agents next year? God I will get so naked and send noodz to Emery if he gets one of them.
    I don't see how this is any different than a regular Saturday for you

vCash
    No way DEN lets Clady get to FA and Long will get franchised. The one we need to be hoping gets to FA is Branden Albert of the Chiefs.

Then draft like this

RD1- Barrett Jones OL Alabama
    RD2- Kevin Reddick MLB North Carolina
    RD4- Omoregie Uzzi G Georgia Tech
    RD5- Philip Lutzenkirchen TE Auburn
    RD6- Johnny Adams CB Michigan State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    No way DEN lets Clady get to FA and Long will get franchised. The one we need to be hoping gets to FA is Branden Albert of the Chiefs.

Then draft like this

RD1- Barrett Jones OL Alabama
    RD2- Kevin Reddick MLB North Carolina
    RD4- Omoregie Uzzi G Georgia Tech
    RD5- Philip Lutzenkirchen TE Auburn
    RD6- Johnny Adams CB Michigan State
    I agree Clady won't make it to FA, since they need to make sure to protect Manning blind side.

I don't agree about about Albert. He has improve every year and the Chief are likely to take a QB #1, so they will want to keep Albert to protect their franchise QB and they don't have a LT on the roster to replace him.

Lastly, I don't agree about Long. Of the three, he seams the most likely. The Dolphins already have a LT on a rookie contract that could replace him, who also fits their OL scheme better. Long is having a down year, but he's still going to want a contract like Thomas $92 million with $44 million guaranteed over eight years. There's little chance he gets tag, unless it's a tag and trade, since it will cost them $16 million.

vCash
    I guess I'll make one too.

FA

Jake Long- I have already stated why I think Long will make it to FA. Long is a prefect fit at LT in Tice scheme or any scheme. I have a feeling Emery makes a big splash in FA.

Resign Urlacher- He is at the end of his career and I can see him taking a cap friendly deal to help get that SB ring

Tag Melton- Doubt they agree on the numbers right away, so the FTwill come in play.

Resign Louis- He is the best of a horrible group, but he is young and talented.

Resign some of the depth players, such as Hayden, Wootten, Izzy, and Hayes.

Draft

Trade down and pick up a 3rd.

2nd-Barrett Jones, G/C/OT, Alabama- He might not make it here, but there's a good chance he does since there are more talented OL. Jones comes in as LG and can slide to C.

2nd-David Amerson, CB, N.C. State- Trade our 5th to move up in the 2nd. Amerson coming into this season was thought to be the #1 CB. He has had a down season and there will be questions if he has the hips to play man coverage.

3rd-Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina- Another player who has had a down season. Can Reddick replace Urlacher, maybe, but probably not. Either way, we need depth and youth at LB.

4th-Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State- It's hard to say where Jenkins will be drafted. If he falls here and comes back healthy, he could be a real steal.

6th- Dennard Robinson, QB, Michigan- Another player it's hard to say where he will be drafted. Robinson would be the 3rd string QB, behind a vet, plus he could play WR and ST.

vCash
    Anyone think we'll bring in a WR until Alshon comes back? Maybe just elevate someone from the practice squad? I don't feel that comfortable with just Marshall, Bennett and Weems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Anyone think we'll bring in a WR until Alshon comes back? Maybe just elevate someone from the practice squad? I don't feel that comfortable with just Marshall, Bennett and Weems.
    I don't think so at all, we kept 6 for this reason. We would probably bring up joe Anderson before anything.

All that said I love chad Johnson, don't think it would be good for the team. But, the novelty would be cool to me

our future

vCash
    Weems is a feisty dude, I feel like if he started over Hester he would be more productive.

vCash

2012 FA/Trade ideas thread (and CSSTL's never seen Dumb & Dumber)

Weems is the man

our future

vCash
    I wish we would give Chad a chance. We have Marshall and nothing else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    I wish we would give Chad a chance. We have Marshall and nothing else.
    Disagree for a few reasons

1) bringing him in this late in the season to this offense would be problematic

2) Dont like Divas and wifebeaters. Rather give Plex a chance

3)Earl had 4 catches (4 targets) for 45 yards while BMarsh had 12 grabs off SEVENTEEN TARGETS Either Cutler has to look for more targets or Tice needs to draw up better plays to get guys like Bennet and Spaeth or even Forte (for draws and screens) involved

4) Alshon could miss a month, but the Bears want him ready to go in 2-3 weeks so he could be ready for the Minnesota rematch.
    Broncos be like:

vCash
    I like Chad, but no team is going to pick him up this late in the season.

I also don't think hed be much of a fit/has much left in the tank, even though I'd bet out lockeroom can keep him in check.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Branwegner84 View Post
    I guess I'll make one too.

6th- Dennard Robinson, QB, Michigan- Another player it's hard to say where he will be drafted. Robinson would be the 3rd string QB, behind a vet, plus he could play WR and ST.
    There is no way Robin on plays QB in the NFL. I see him as a J Rodgers (ATL) type player. Never a QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Branwegner84 View Post
    I agree Clady won't make it to FA, since they need to make sure to protect Manning blind side.

I don't agree about about Albert. He has improve every year and the Chief are likely to take a QB #1, so they will want to keep Albert to protect their franchise QB and they don't have a LT on the roster to replace him.

Lastly, I don't agree about Long. Of the three, he seams the most likely. The Dolphins already have a LT on a rookie contract that could replace him, who also fits their OL scheme better. Long is having a down year, but he's still going to want a contract like Thomas $92 million with $44 million guaranteed over eight years. There's little chance he gets tag, unless it's a tag and trade, since it will cost them $16 million.
    He's gonna want that contract but is anyone going to pay it? He has a lot of question marks going into FA and I think the price may come down accordingly. I think we should be in that hunt, if he becomes less than an $11 million kind of contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    I don't have a PFF prescription, but honestly I don't think much has changed. He just wasn't challenged in Week 1 last year against Atlanta and he got hurt early in Week 2. I think what we've seen this year is roughly equivalant to how he looked against Atlanta in Week 1 last year.
    I still am going by the tice comment that he was their best OL last year - I think he lost a lot of ground because of the injury (which probably causes to the form problems). The question is, can he recover? I like what I see as a runblocker (loved how they used him as TE on short yardage yesterday before the injuries kicked in) and believe he HAD LT potential before the knee blowout, so hope they can get him back to 100% to see. But thats 2013

If we could get a FA LT next year, that would be great - it would be an amazing turnaround to have too many choices at OL for change

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    There is no way Robin on plays QB in the NFL. I see him as a J Rodgers (ATL) type player. Never a QB.
    Exactly, he is such a good athlete that he would be worth taking late and maybe run him in WildCat sets, see if he can be a returner, run out of the backfield and at WR. If he is sitting there in the 6th, I would be all over him.

Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast