Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Clady's problem is the franchise tag. I don't know if Denver has anyone else they want to slap it on, or if they can afford the 15MM or so, but if he hits the FA market I fully expect us to sign him.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Barrett Jones is the #1 Center, even though he could play any of the five positions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    Clady's problem is the franchise tag. I don't know if Denver has anyone else they want to slap it on, or if they can afford the 15MM or so, but if he hits the FA market I fully expect us to sign him.
    They have the money... And I can't think of one player they would franchise either. It's almost a for gone conclusion

Set your eyes toward Albert, or bushrod

our future

vCash
    Is Garza too washed up to switch back to G if we draft a C high?

and its a shame Clady is probably getting tagged

vCash
    IMO, Long is the most likely to make it to FA.

Also, I can't see Garza playing G again. Most likely a rookie would have to play G, then latter slide over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Branwegner84 View Post
    IMO, Long is the most likely to make it to FA.

Also, I can't see Garza playing G again. Most likely a rookie would have to play G, then latter slide over.
    Long hasn't grad out very well this year

vCash
    I think Long could make it to FA, but I don't see any of the other players (Clady, Albert, Vollmer) making it to FA. I think the most likely scenario is to look for an OG like Brandon Moore and an OT in the draft. I think we end up with something like:

Rookie-FA-Garza-Louis-Carimi

vCash
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I kinda want Brandon Albert. He came into the league very raw, but has only gotten better and the only LT with a better pass blocking grade than him this year is Ryan Clady (and I don't see why Denver would let him go). Not sure if the Chiefs will let him go though...I really have no idea how they'll approach what looks to be another rebuild for that team.

Long would be great too, but he's been one of the worst run blocking LT's in the NFL this year...maybe it's just a fluky season, being in a new system or whatever, but he'll probably cost more than Albert and may not even be the better player anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I kinda want Brandon Albert. He came into the league very raw, but has only gotten better and the only LT with a better pass blocking grade than him this year is Ryan Clady (and I don't see why Denver would let him go). Not sure if the Chiefs will let him go though...I really have no idea how they'll approach what looks to be another rebuild for that team.

Long would be great too, but he's been one of the worst run blocking LT's in the NFL this year...maybe it's just a fluky season, being in a new system or whatever, but he'll probably cost more than Albert and may not even be the better player anymore.
    The only way I see Albert getting to FA is if they are forced in to/decide that Luke Joeckel is their guy. At this point my #1 plan of action would be to make a Falcons style move up for Joeckel, and I hate trading up.

vCash
    With the Bears being so short on picks, that's pretty risky...but it wouldn't bother me too much.

I think we're better off signing a LT and then drafting Barrett Jones with our pick instead though. He can either start at LG or take over for Garza (who's kinda terrible now anyway and FA too IIRC).

The only major issue after that is Carimi. Give him another year and hope he isn't this bad...not sure what else to do at RT?
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 11-21-2012 at 01:10 PM.

vCash

2012 FA/Trade ideas thread (and CSSTL's never seen Dumb & Dumber)

I'm not for drafting a tackle. We have shown we are crap at developing even talented players from college to play pro.

We need a pro to protect the blindside.

our future

vCash
    We need at minimum two new starters, LT and LG mainly. My thinking is that Webb and Carimi will battle for the least suckitude spot at RT with the loser being the swing tackle.

My dream free agency: Long, Welker, Finley.

Draft a Guard the the rest of the draft on an aging defense. Yes the defense is still awesome, but we still need to get younger sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by BcEuAbRsS; 11-21-2012 at 03:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BcEuAbRsS View Post
    We need at minimum two new starters, LT and LG mainly. My thinking is that Webb and Carimi will battle for the least suckitude spot at RT with the loser being the swing tackle.

My dream free agency: Long, Welker, Finley.

Draft a Guard the the rest of the draft on an aging defense. Yes the defense is still awesome, but we still need to get younger sooner rather than later.
    With what money??

vCash
    Seriously... we most likely don't have that kind of money.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind giving that Brown kid a chance either. He was pretty damn good in TC and preseason.

Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast