Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Plaxico Burress wants to join Bears

If the Chicago Bears are looking for a veteran receiver to replace injured rookie Alshon Jeffery, Plaxico Burress said he would be honored to take their phone call.

"For me to get to a football town like Chicago and play with a group of guys like (Matt) Forte, Brian (Urlacher), (Brandon Marshall) and Jay (Cutler) would be an honor," Burress said by phone on Tuesday. "I just have to get the green light."

That green light has been conspicuously absent for Burress, who remains out of football despite catching 45 passes for 612 yards and eight touchdowns for the New York Jets last season. Considering that came after two years away from the game as he served time for an incident in which he accidentally shot himself in the leg in a New York City nightclub, some wonder why no team is taking a chance on the 6-foot-5 Burress improving on those numbers this season.

Is it the fact he's 35, or are there character issues?

"I don't think anybody saw this coming from my camp," Burress said. "I just wanted to get my legs under me (last season) and get back to being the explosive football player like before. People look at me being 35 and say I can't do some of the things I was able to do, but I did that last year after being off 30 months.

"It's a mystery to me and everybody else. But I remain optimistic."

Some thought the Jets might call after a season-ending injury to Santonio Holmes and their struggles on offense. Coach Rex Ryan, who recently praised Burress' character, lamented some dropped passes after Monday's loss to the Houston Texans. But the Jets have not called.

"They want to go younger," Burress said. "That's what it looks like this league is becoming; all the veterans are sitting on the sidelines watching from home.

"All it will take is a coach or GM to believe in me. I just need one. I think teams would be very happy with what I bring to the locker room and the field."

Will that one GM be the Bears' Phil Emery? Jeffery suffered a fracture in his right hand during Sunday's win over the Jacksonville Jaguars, a source told ESPNChicago.com's Jeff Dickerson.

"You just look at what they already have in place," Burress said. "Jay's been one of my favorite quarterbacks for some time now.

"And I trained this whole offseason with Forte in South Florida. You see a guy like him doing the things he's able to do, watch the guy's work ethic, and it's incredible. And Brandon is one of the top five receivers in football. You talk about adding me to that offense, and teams won't know who to guard in the red zone. It's about creating match-up problems."

Burress, who is keeping in shape, said he planned to talk to his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, later Tuesday and would express his interest in the Bears.

"I'm going to tell him if an opportunity in Chicago presents itself, I want to go now," Burress said. "I just want to go out and play."
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...-chicago-bears

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules:23887038
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    If you're gonna ask a question, let it be answered you arrogant ****ing prick.And as jpro correctly said, how about the fct that he can't beat out the Great Webb or Scott.
    And this is coming from the weed smoking want to be doctor. You're a foolish clown. Grow the **** up!
    Cute. You're a Chicago cop, Lol. What's their average IQ these days, eighty?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    And this is coming from the weed smoking want to be doctor. You're a foolish clown. Grow the **** up!
    No offense but what does one have to do with the other. As long as he's not high on the job who cares?

As someone who has occasionally smoked in the past (not a fan) it's pretty much a non issue. We're talking about mary jane, not cocaine.

Believe in Seth Rollins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107:23887076
    No offense but what does one have to do with the other. As long as he's not high on the job who cares?

As someone who has occasionally smoked in the past (not a fan) it's pretty much a non issue. We're talking about mary jane, not cocaine.
    Don't bother. He actually thinks it's more destructive than alcohol.

vCash
    With Lovie and our locker room I actually wouldn't be too against it. Any way I see less Dane on the field.

Believe in Seth Rollins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107:23887096
    With Lovie and our locker room I actually wouldn't be to against it. Any way I see less Dane on the field.
    Aside from a red zone target, he's done. No explosion anymore.

vCash
    Completely agreed. With Marshall getting double triple teamed, Alshon out, and everyone else struggling to get open down there I don't think he'd be a bad pickup though.

They could use another red zone target for the time being.

I'm not advocating the pick up, but I sure as hell wouldn't hate it.

Believe in Seth Rollins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107:23887145
    Completely agreed. With Marshall getting double triple teamed, Alshon out, and everyone else struggling to get open down there I don't think he'd be a bad pickup though.

They could use another red zone target for the time being.

I'm not advocating the pick up, but I sure as hell wouldn't hate it.
    Maybe.

I just don't think it's worth the media attention it'll certainly get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post

Don't bother. He actually thinks it's more destructive than alcohol.
    I never said that! As far as the smoking mary jane, if a person has to stop using it in order to study for his MCAT, that there shows, it has an affect on the mind. So, I would never want a Dr. diagnosing a medical problem that I am having while under the influence!!!!
    Last edited by Jordan Rules; 10-09-2012 at 06:32 PM.

vCash
    I never said that! As far as the smoking mary jane, if a person has to stop using it in order to study for his MCAT, there that shows that it has an affect on the mind. So, I would never want a Dr. diagnosing a medical problem that I am having while under the influence!!!!
    A) I never said Mary-Jane doesn't have an effect. Typically (though it varies from person to person), you may be tired (sort of hungover) for a day or so afterwards. What I did say, however, is that it doesn't give you BRAIN DAMAGE. Which it doesn't. In fact, since you are obviously online right now, feel free to cite me a SCHOLARLY article that proves otherwise. I'll wait.

B) I smoke maybe once a week or once every two weeks. I DID go through a phase where I smoked much more often during by senior year of HS and freshman year of college. It's just that for MOST people, a PHASE. I grew out of it and I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I used to.

C) Given how huge the MCAT is, I literally need to study for it every waking moment. With that, I won't be drinking either or spending near as much time with my friends as I usually do. So yes, I plan on not smoking weed either cause it's time wasted that I otherwise could be studying.

And finally, I have never, ever, ever smoked when I worked (as an EMT) or when I study or in class. Never. When I do my work, be it classwork or regular work, I make sure I give it my all. As hopefully a doctor in the future, that will be no different.

Whatever the hell I do on my own time is what I want. Be it smoking, drinking or just whatever the hell I am. And with that, I don't give two ***** what you think.

vCash
    He won't ever be under the influence on the job

And doctors and nurses actually have the highest rate of drug abusers in the workplace, you may have already been diagnosed by someone on drugs, marijuana is mild compared to some of the drugs doctors abuse

Rochester Jeffersons

vCash
    Somehow I grt the impression that the Bears aren't interested in Plax...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    A) I never said Mary-Jane doesn't have an effect. Typically (though it varies from person to person), you may be tired (sort of hungover) for a day or so afterwards. What I did say, however, is that it doesn't give you BRAIN DAMAGE. Which it doesn't. In fact, since you are obviously online right now, feel free to cite me a SCHOLARLY article that proves otherwise. I'll wait.

B) I smoke maybe once a week or once every two weeks. I DID go through a phase where I smoked much more often during by senior year of HS and freshman year of college. It's just that for MOST people, a PHASE. I grew out of it and I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I used to.

C) Given how huge the MCAT is, I literally need to study for it every waking moment. With that, I won't be drinking either or spending near as much time with my friends as I usually do. So yes, I plan on not smoking weed either cause it's time wasted that I otherwise could be studying.

And finally, I have never, ever, ever smoked when I worked (as an EMT) or when I study or in class. Never. When I do my work, be it classwork or regular work, I make sure I give it my all. As hopefully a doctor in the future, that will be no different.

Whatever the hell I do on my own time is what I want. Be it smoking, drinking or just whatever the hell I am. And with that, I don't give two ***** what you think.
    Amen. I live in Cali and have my license, it's fantastic. The stores are like walking into a candy store when you are a kid. I got it for my ADHD because Aderal is terrible for you and destroyed my appetite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    He won't ever be under the influence on the job

And doctors and nurses actually have the highest rate of drug abusers in the workplace, you may have already been diagnosed by someone on drugs, marijuana is mild compared to some of the drugs doctors abuse
    True story, no one needs to prescribe them!

vCash
    People should be outraged at the quality of some nurses in the medical field and not someone casually enjoying some mary jane.

I legitimately know of two girls from HS who were in remedial coursework who are now nurses. That **** is scary (and no, they haven't changed).

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast