Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I am late jumping in. IMO Amaro does not need to make desperate moves or many moves, but the correct moves.

1. Sign B.J. Upton (remindes me a lot of Werth. Werth was 28 when he came to Philly after a few rough seasons and became a star, which I think Upton can do). 5yrs. 60 million.

2. Trade for Upton (Justin), give them what they want. (Worley,Brown,Galvis, one of our catching prospects).

3. Sign Schierholtz. Mayberry/Schierholtz as a platoon in Right. 2 million

4. Sign Mike Adams to a 1yr, deal since he is coming off injury. maybe 4 million.

5. Sign a SP, a back end guy. A pitcher like Ben Sheets, Jon Garland, Jermey Bonderman, a vet that will be cheap and can fill in fo ine of the top 3. 1 yr. 3-5 million gets it done.

6. A platoon/ infield relief. Keppinger or Scutaro makes the most senses, they both can play all 3 infield positions. Keppinger will be cheaper, after what scutaro did in SF. Keppinger 2yr 4 millon.

CF- BJ Upton
    LF- Justin Upton
    RF- Schierholtz/ Mayberry
    1B- Howard/ Ruf/ Mayberry
    2B- Utley
    SS-Rollins
    3B- Frandsen/Keppinger
    C-Ruiz

Bench- Kratz, Keppinger, Ruf, Mayberry, Nixs

SP- Hamels, Lee, Halladay, KK, any of the above 3

RP- Papelbon, Adams, Aumont, Defaurts, Bastardo, Stuts, Diekman, can not remeber the other lefties name.

Line up

1. Rollins
    2. Utley
    3. Justin Upton
    4. Howard
    5. BJ Upton
    6. Chooch
    7. RF
    8. 3B
    9. SP

Looks good, we get younger, solve our LF,CF for at least 5-10 more years, and brings us back to contention in th NL

vCash
    So guys a few Nl scouts expect phillies to be spenders this offseason, and Might Jump in on Zach Grenkie if he stays on the market but CF is 1st

BJ upton, Kevin youlk and Zach Grenkie plus 2 pend Peices????

wat a nice offseason?

Move Cliff Lee to Dodgers or rangers

For Zach Lee or Mike Ott if dodgers dont give up Lee, maybe then Yasiel Puig OF spect and Corey Seager 3B spect from Dodgers

vCash
    Jeremy Bonderman.

That lost soul...

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Didnt he retire like 4 years ago?

vCash
    Giancarlos Stanton and Ricky Nolasco to phillies WATCH

Vance, Ruff, Brown, tyler cloyd, Joseph, plus more? something like that
    Last edited by Phillies4life1; 11-14-2012 at 11:45 AM.

vCash
    The Marlins aren't going to be trading Stanton. If they do, it will not be to the Phillies.

I could see them trading Logan Morrison and I think the Phillies could get involved in that...
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillies4life1 View Post
    Giancarlos Stanton and Ricky Nolasco to phillies WATCH

Vance, Ruff, Brown, tyler cloyd, Joseph, plus more? something like that
    Thats not even enough for Stanton alone

vCash
    Let's put it another way, Stanton isn't going to be traded for less than a top 10 prospect +. I wouldn't expect the Marlins to accept any major pieces that haven't proven some level of success at the MLB level. So a guy like Jurickson Profar would be a starting point.

The only players I'm certain are more valuable than Stanton are Trout and Harper. Profar is one of the few guys I'd say is "close"
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    The Marlins aren't going to be trading Stanton. If they do, it will not be to the Phillies.

I could see them trading Logan Morrison and I think the Phillies could get involved in that...
    Isnt he just another version of what we already have? Plus he bats lefty...thatd be worthless to pursue a guy like him...unless its for the future...which, I would hope, that we are in a win-now mode

vCash
    We don't have any players who are similar to Morrison and he's an obvious improvement over Brown, Schierholtz, or Nix. I'm not saying the Phillies should be falling over themselves to acquire him, but he fits the basic requirements.

vCash

Predict the Phillies 2013 Free Agent Signings

Does the team's total K's on offense concern anyone else? I just see Upton adding to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

vCash
    No thanks on LOMO but Nolasco then maybe for cheap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    Does the team's total K's on offense concern anyone else? I just see Upton adding to it.
    Umm. No, I'm not concerned in the least. You do realize the Phillies had the 4th fewest K's in baseball? And were tied for the 4th lowest K%.

In 2011 they had the 5th fewest K's. In 2010, it was the 9th fewest. In 2008 and 2009 it was the 12th MOST and 2007 was the 10th most.

If you think back on the quality of the Phillies offenses, they were remarkably better when they struck out more. Obviously, they Phillies shouldn't look to add strike outs. But they should look to add the type of hitter who hits a lot of home runs. Those guys tend to strike out.

Tying that back to Upton, he's not a perfect fit. The team does need a defensively able CF that can stay healthy and doesn't bust the budget. Upton seemingly can fit that description.

vCash
    Bj upton, Kevin Youlk, Ricky Nolaso, Mike Adams or anther RP and then anther OF Cheap(Siezmore, Bay, Scott Harrison and Call it a Offseason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillies4life1 View Post
    Bj upton, Kevin Youlk, Ricky Nolaso, Mike Adams or anther RP and then anther OF Cheap(Siezmore, Bay, Scott Harrison and Call it a Offseason
    You know, he probably wouldnt play at all, but I would kill for some Dream Size Orgy on the Phillies

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast