I am late jumping in. IMO Amaro does not need to make desperate moves or many moves, but the correct moves.
1. Sign B.J. Upton (remindes me a lot of Werth. Werth was 28 when he came to Philly after a few rough seasons and became a star, which I think Upton can do). 5yrs. 60 million.
2. Trade for Upton (Justin), give them what they want. (Worley,Brown,Galvis, one of our catching prospects).
3. Sign Schierholtz. Mayberry/Schierholtz as a platoon in Right. 2 million
4. Sign Mike Adams to a 1yr, deal since he is coming off injury. maybe 4 million.
5. Sign a SP, a back end guy. A pitcher like Ben Sheets, Jon Garland, Jermey Bonderman, a vet that will be cheap and can fill in fo ine of the top 3. 1 yr. 3-5 million gets it done.
6. A platoon/ infield relief. Keppinger or Scutaro makes the most senses, they both can play all 3 infield positions. Keppinger will be cheaper, after what scutaro did in SF. Keppinger 2yr 4 millon.
CF- BJ Upton
LF- Justin Upton
RF- Schierholtz/ Mayberry
1B- Howard/ Ruf/ Mayberry
Bench- Kratz, Keppinger, Ruf, Mayberry, Nixs
SP- Hamels, Lee, Halladay, KK, any of the above 3
RP- Papelbon, Adams, Aumont, Defaurts, Bastardo, Stuts, Diekman, can not remeber the other lefties name.
3. Justin Upton
5. BJ Upton
Looks good, we get younger, solve our LF,CF for at least 5-10 more years, and brings us back to contention in th NL