Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    vCash
    I could see an off-season of the following (assuming no trades):

* BJ Upton (CF)
    * Shane Victorino (RF/LF/CF)
    * Kevin Youkalis (3B, spells Ryno @ 1B)
    * Ryan Madson (7th)
    * Mike Adams (8th)
    * Placido Polanco (bench, spells Youk, Chase)

This seems reasonable from a cost perspective and you would think that we would have the inside track on our 3 former players...do it ruben, DO IT!

vCash
    Madson is in talke with LAA

vCash
    Madson won't come back. He won't swallow his pride to come back and pitch the 8th after he and his agent burned him last offseason.

Plus his wife hated Philadelphia and went off on the fans. I figure she has more say than he does, he'll probably go to another apathetic or sub .500 team.

vCash
    yeah i dont see him coming back...
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I could see an off-season of the following (assuming no trades):

* BJ Upton (CF)
    * Shane Victorino (RF/LF/CF)
    * Kevin Youkalis (3B, spells Ryno @ 1B)
    * Ryan Madson (7th)
    * Mike Adams (8th)
    * Placido Polanco (bench, spells Youk, Chase)

This seems reasonable from a cost perspective and you would think that we would have the inside track on our 3 former players...do it ruben, DO IT!
    I'd be fine with this

vCash
    SS-Rollins
    2B-Utley
    CF-Hamilton
    LF-Ruf
    1B-Howard
    3B-Youkilis
    C-Ruiz
    RF-Brown

Or....

SS-Rollins
    2B-Utley
    3B-Headley
    1B-Howard
    LF-Ruf
    RF-Swisher
    CF-Victorino
    C-Ruiz

vCash
    Go after Bourne, Swisher, and Youkilis.

Bourne CF
    Utley 2B
    Rollins SS
    Howard 1B
    Swisher RF
    Youkilis 3B
    Ruiz C
    Brown/Ruff LF

Bourne gives us a true leadoff hitter. Moving Rollins out of the leadoff spot helps him. Swisher/Youkilis could be inter changed.

vCash
    Now that a few FA have signed and the only move Amaro made didnt work out, I revised my ideas for the offseason. It is a shame with the Lopez situation, he was a very good, cheap option for the back end of our bullpen. Madson just got a 7 million dollar contract coming off Tommy John. Lopez was under team control for 3 more years and was going to make under 2 million. At least Amaro is trying to make wise moves so he has flexibilty in the payroll to add as many pcs to make our club stronger.

New List

1. Josh Hamilton
    2. Shone Figgins
    3. Mike Adams, Brian Wilson or Walden (LAA)
    4. Vizzy or Ludwick

Josh Hamilton gives the middle of the line up the boost we need. If we are going to over pay for an outfielder it might as well be the best offensive player. Avg. 310 hr. 45 rbi. 135 in 2013. we as plans wont complain about this.

Mike Adams gives us the bullpen arm and expierence we need. coming off injury he will take a shorter deal 1 or 2 yrs at around 4 million.

Shone figgins, yes Shone Figgins. He plays a solid 3rd base, can add speed, bat second is a switch hitter and has something to prove, he is already making 8 million from the Mariners, so we can sign him for under a million dollars for 1 yr., small gamble with a nice return possible.

If you trust Hamilton in CF, then sign Ludwick for 2 yrs. He gives you the right handed power bat, with a short term contract. His D is not that great but either was Burrel or Ibanez's. You can use Ruf and Brown in RF or LF, and Ruf as a platoon at 1st base. You can try to trade Schierholtz and Mayberry.

LINE UP

1. Rollins
    2. Figgins
    3. Hamilton
    4. Howard
    5. Ludwick
    6. Utley
    7. Ruf/Brown
    8. Chooch

This would be a major face lift. Yes we are not any younger, but we are a different ball club. Young players are great, but we need to win know, not tommorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sev66 View Post
    Now that a few FA have signed and the only move Amaro made didnt work out, I revised my ideas for the offseason. It is a shame with the Lopez situation, he was a very good, cheap option for the back end of our bullpen. Madson just got a 7 million dollar contract coming off Tommy John. Lopez was under team control for 3 more years and was going to make under 2 million. At least Amaro is trying to make wise moves so he has flexibilty in the payroll to add as many pcs to make our club stronger.

New List

1. Josh Hamilton
    2. Shone Figgins
    3. Mike Adams, Brian Wilson or Walden (LAA)
    4. Vizzy or Ludwick

Josh Hamilton gives the middle of the line up the boost we need. If we are going to over pay for an outfielder it might as well be the best offensive player. Avg. 310 hr. 45 rbi. 135 in 2013. we as plans wont complain about this.

Mike Adams gives us the bullpen arm and expierence we need. coming off injury he will take a shorter deal 1 or 2 yrs at around 4 million.

Shone figgins, yes Shone Figgins. He plays a solid 3rd base, can add speed, bat second is a switch hitter and has something to prove, he is already making 8 million from the Mariners, so we can sign him for under a million dollars for 1 yr., small gamble with a nice return possible.

If you trust Hamilton in CF, then sign Ludwick for 2 yrs. He gives you the right handed power bat, with a short term contract. His D is not that great but either was Burrel or Ibanez's. You can use Ruf and Brown in RF or LF, and Ruf as a platoon at 1st base. You can try to trade Schierholtz and Mayberry.

LINE UP

1. Rollins
    2. Figgins
    3. Hamilton
    4. Howard
    5. Ludwick
    6. Utley
    7. Ruf/Brown
    8. Chooch

This would be a major face lift. Yes we are not any younger, but we are a different ball club. Young players are great, but we need to win know, not tommorrow.
    I like. Hamilton + Ludwick = More HRs
    2008...5 dudes with 30 or more HRs and mediocre pitching. So five dudes with 25 HRs or more plus very good pitching should fare well. Simplistic, yes. But theres way too much over thinking going on these days.

vCash
    it is amazing to see how much ryan lost out on by balking at the phillies offer...he not only missed out on a long term deal but took less money then got injured...he will never recoup that money...i liked him too. as for the above ideas...i kinda like giving figgins an invite or small guaranteed contract... when he was a part of an offense he was good when they needed more he fell apart...never know

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    Hamilton is the luxury car of this years free agent crop....and I know everyone wants Josh Hamilton...I just don't think he'd fit here....yes he's a guy who could hit 40-50 HR's in that park if he's healthy...but how many season's has he had healthy?

I see Hamilton as a Bryzgalov type of player....completely oblivious to the pressure and scrutiny athletes in this city are under....but once he experiences it he may be a different player and not live up to expectations....

vCash
    Any FA you sign is a risk...they will have clauses if he relapses or anything like that...injuries are obviously tough to predict...

there have been terrible contracts, maybe none worse than Barry Zito's...however, does his contract all of a sudden become okay because he was a crucial part in that team actually winning the championshp? you can def make the argument it does become okay...which is why, if they win, I could care less what kind of contract they give him, obviously a huge if...but most people wanna talk about the downside to a guy like Hamilton...that guy could seriously hit 60 HRs plays at Citizens Bank...major upside

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    it is amazing to see how much ryan lost out on by balking at the phillies offer...he not only missed out on a long term deal but took less money then got injured...he will never recoup that money...i liked him too. as for the above ideas...i kinda like giving figgins an invite or small guaranteed contract... when he was a part of an offense he was good when they needed more he fell apart...never know
    It's still completely unclear who pulled back. I hear that it was the Phillies that backed away from the table, potentially over medical records.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team:24518923
    Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    It's still completely unclear who pulled back. I hear that it was the Phillies that backed away from the table, potentially over medical records.
    Could very well be true...but all indications were that it was offered...his delay then cost him millions

vCash
    At the time it seemed fine....but now I'm wondering what the point was of trading pence.... Was still under control got this coming year. If Tommy Joseph pans out...or nets something good, I guess it was worth it for the future...but...

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast