Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Good post. Just as a suggestion, break up the paragraphs next time. Makes it easier to read

Brown shouldn't platoon. He needs as many AB as possible

vCash
    Brown maybe should platoon if the Phillies aren't struggling and Jon Mayberry is hitting well. How many guys can we afford to develop at the big league level and still reach the postseason? Right now we're talking about letting Ruf and Brown start and for the moment, Galvis is the de facto starter at 3b.

If a platoon adds a win in expected value, then you probably have to do it.

I would like to see the lineup re-designed. With the guys we already have...

Utley
    Ruiz
    Howard
    Ruf
    Rollins
    Brown
    CF/3B

If those are Upton/Headley then you can bat them in any order so long as Utley, Ruiz, and Headley are in the top 4. If they could pull off something resembling that, we're going to have a very potent lineup, that makes Brown or Ruf (or their platoon mate) the 8 hole hitter.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    I would like to see the phillies go after Headley, maybe bring Madson back as our setup man again, then see if they could go for an outfielder that doesn't strike out so much. I see alot of people calling for Bourn or Upton, but these two combine struck out 324 times. I would like them to go after the likes of Ichiro or Pagan, these are really good CF that make the pitcher work everyday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Brown maybe should platoon if the Phillies aren't struggling and Jon Mayberry is hitting well. How many guys can we afford to develop at the big league level and still reach the postseason? Right now we're talking about letting Ruf and Brown start and for the moment, Galvis is the de facto starter at 3b.

If a platoon adds a win in expected value, then you probably have to do it.

I would like to see the lineup re-designed. With the guys we already have...

Utley
    Ruiz
    Howard
    Ruf
    Rollins
    Brown
    CF/3B

If those are Upton/Headley then you can bat them in any order so long as Utley, Ruiz, and Headley are in the top 4. If they could pull off something resembling that, we're going to have a very potent lineup, that makes Brown or Ruf (or their platoon mate) the 8 hole hitter.
    Rollins and Charlie need to understand he has not been a lead off hitter for awhile now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

vCash
    Will never happen with Rollins and Charlie...one more year till ryne gets the job and makes changes
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    Unless someone wants him this year and he decides to go there

vCash
    I see them signing BJ Upton for CF. Platooning Scherholtz and Ruff in LF and Brown in RF. I could see them trying to trade for Chisenhall or Seager or sign Youkilis for 2 yrs. Only way you get Headley is with (worley, Brown, Aumunt, and Galvis) . I expect big money to go toward Offense with a mild play at RP and maybe a 5th starter.

Maybe we could trade for ARAM

vCash
    Pagan = Mayberry

vCash
    Question...I understand that Chase Headley is clearly talented, albeit it a late bloomer, but is he the guy you really bust the farm for? I usually trust your evaluations A Team, and Im not sure if you were saying they should trade those guys for Headley or if you think thats what its going to take...but if its either case, I say no way. Youre essentially trading your two best pitching prospects, your best relief prospect, and a young solid 3-4 slot starter in Worley for a guy that busted out at age 28 and will be 29 by the time the season starts. His former career high in HR is 12...he struck out 157 times...Why not toss that same offer to Mets for David Wright? that offer is better than any recent offer we've made for Cliff, Halladay, Oswalt and Pence.

vCash
    That offer would be a decent start to get Wright

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Here is what I expect over the offseason...as much as anything can be expected.

-Michael Bourn or BJ Upton to roughly a 5/80 contract
    -Acquire Chase Headley for Vance Worley, Trevor May, MLB ready RP (Aumont or DeFratus), B+ spec (maybe Biddle?)
    -Ervin Santana to a ~3/39 contract (Santana is a guy who could get the Edwin Jackson treatment this offseason too)
    -Acquire a setup RP (could be anyone) AAV roughly 4.5.

Of course, Ruben is hyper aggressive when filling out his roster. I would like to see him continue to be aggressive with CF and 3B, but it makes more sense to sit back and wait out the SP/RP markets.
    I like 100% of this scenario. Hopefully Ruben has a brain and gets it done

vCash
    IMO anything that involves trading any of our prospects I'd say no too, unless we get a young proven player in return.
    Phillies/Eagles/Flyers/Sixers/Union/Arsenal

vCash
    Headley is an excellent fielder as well as an above average hitter. He may be a late bloomer in that he finally hit at Petco, but he's actually been good away from Petco for a couple seasons now. I'd love to get him but not for a huge price. I think the phillies are too limited right now in giving up prospects:

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Phillies signed a Cody Ross or Hairston.

vCash
    I want to keep Ruf and Brown playing, let the guys develop.

BTW I just read something that Doc might not be the Doc of old :s

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast