Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah it depends what type of speed you're talking about. I'm talking about pure straight line speed from home to first.

vCash
    will trout win mvp over mggy. to me mvp stands for most valuable player all rounf. he was the best over all player in the mlb lastyear. so what we didnt mke the playoffs. we had a better record than detroit. were in harder division.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by st1999 View Post
    will trout win mvp over mggy. to me mvp stands for most valuable player all rounf. he was the best over all player in the mlb lastyear. so what we didnt mke the playoffs. we had a better record than detroit. were in harder division.
    He should but I don't think he will
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    The expert opinion of Vladdy#27 says that Trout is faster from home to first. Bourjos is faster from home to home. Bourjos takes the better routes. Has a stronger/accurater (new word) arm. Trout is better at robbing HR.
    I actually disagree. I think Trout is the better base runner overall. From what I've seen, he tends to take better routes on the base paths and has more speed from home to first than Bourjos. Bourjos, however, is much faster in the field and takes better routes to the ball than Trout. And yah, Trout is definitely better at robbing homeruns. He's got crazy hops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Yeah it depends what type of speed you're talking about. I'm talking about pure straight line speed from home to first.
    It's for sure Trout from home to first

vCash
    @MLBPAA: And the 2012 Heart and Hustle Award goes to... @trouty20! Congratulations, you earned it!

vCash
    They're just making up awards at this point.

Also, how is the "heart and hustle" award not the David Eckstein award?
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    And the smoothest skin award goes to... *drum roll*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    And the smoothest skin award goes to... *drum roll*
    I can vouch for Trout on that one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakman View Post
    Clap that's great. He will get rookie and a gold glove. Too bad he won't get a MVP cause of the moronic voters.
    I'm not trolling. Just thought I'd chime in because I'm a Detroit native and Tigers fan (and I watched every Detroit game this past season). Mike Trout is one of my favorite players in the league. His future is unbelievably bright. His season was historic. But it's hard to call the voters "moronic" when Miguel Cabrera led the league in all three major offensive categories and his team went to the World Series (where as the Angles didn't even make the playoffs). Cabrera had one of the greatest seasons EVER. In any other year, Mike Trout would have gotten my vote for MVP. But it's really hard to not give the nod to Miguel based on what he and his team accomplished. The Triple Crown hasn't been achieved since 1967.

"Lions, Tigers and Pistons, OH MY!" (and Hoosiers...and Redwings....)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    I can vouch for Trout on that one
    Jeff Mathis will make it close, it could really go either way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    Jeff Mathis will make it close, it could really go either way
    Much like Mike.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iu92grad View Post
    I'm not trolling. Just thought I'd chime in because I'm a Detroit native and Tigers fan (and I watched every Detroit game this past season). Mike Trout is one of my favorite players in the league. His future is unbelievably bright. His season was historic. But it's hard to call the voters "moronic" when Miguel Cabrera led the league in all three major offensive categories and his team went to the World Series (where as the Angles didn't even make the playoffs). Cabrera had one of the greatest seasons EVER. In any other year, Mike Trout would have gotten my vote for MVP. But it's really hard to not give the nod to Miguel based on what he and his team accomplished. The Triple Crown hasn't been achieved since 1967.
    Nope, it's really, really easy to call them moronic when they make a moronic call like giving Cabrera the MVP over Trout.

First, it's an individual award, so what "he and his team accomplished" should mean jack. Plus, if the Angels are in the AL Central, they win that division easily, and the only thing "he and his team" would've accomplished was coming in second place. It's absurd to penalize Trout because he wasn't able to keep the Angels out of a clearly stronger AL West.

Second, the Triple Crown is literally just a collection of arbitrary stats that were once designated as important, but that we now realize no longer are. Using them as the reason he should win MVP is a dangerous thing, though. Is he somehow less valuable if Josh Hamilton hits a couple more HRs and he doesn't win that part of the Triple Crown? Is he somehow less valuable if Trout is up a week sooner and spends that week making few outs, ending the season with a better AVG? Of course not. To add a twist of irony to it, Cabrera's 2011, when he didn't win the Triple Crown, was a better overall season. If he shouldn't win it then, it's hard to argue that a lesser season but one in which he manages to top those three categories is the season he should win it in.

Third, Cabrera and Trout are virtually identical offensively:

wOBA
    Cabrera: .417
    Trout: .409

wRC+
    Cabrera: 166
    Trout: 166

But, offense is not all a player does. If he doesn't hit a HR, then he can also create or lose runs based on his baserunning skills. Trout destroys Cabrera here, and of that there is obviously no question. There's also what he does with a glove on, and again Trout destroys Cabrera, despite the morons that didn't give him a Gold Glove, and again there's no question about this. So, yeah, Cabrera won the Triple Crown and had a great offensive year. Trout had an almost equally great offensive year, and was also the best defensive CFer in the game, and an elite baserunner. It is impossible to take all those facts together and say that Miguel Cabrera was more valuable because his team played in the AL Central, his bullpen didn't meltdown, and he led in three random offensive categories.

And that is why it's easy to call the voters moronic.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash

vCash
    I hate the Angels but Mike Trout deserves the AL MVP

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast