• GM's of these teams vote here

7 11.86%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Score?

My American Hero

KoB Owns My Soul For Life

vCash
    well swash meant to vote for winterfell and voted for gm so 23-23? no idea about voters under 100 posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jamal View Post
    What's being overlooked is how much of playoff failures Aldridge and JJ have been in their careers. JJ has probably been the biggest disappointment for a "Star" player in the playoffs the last 5 seasons and Alridge has yet to win a playoff series. Harden and Bosh weren't the #1 guys on their respective teams, but neither OKC or Miami make the finals without them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Even if they do chip in 10 each that still forces Johnson and Aldridge to combine for 50+ just to get that lineup into the 80s. That's not a good sign. I'll take Humphries as a #3 over Chalmers all day. Chalmers is so erratic and mistake prone. Hump is a David Lee type who takes high percentage shots and crashes the glass.
    Huh? What starting lineup in the NBA do you know that scores 80+ points every night? Most teams need 25-30 points off the bench to be effective and I think their roster has that capability. Also, I'm just going to agree to disagree on Chalmers and Humphries. You say he takes "high percentage shots" and yet he's a long, 6'9" PF who shot only 48% from the field last year. Chalmers is a tad erratic, but if I had to have either guy take over a game for me with the star players out of the lineup, I'd much rather it be Chalmers than Hump.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jamal View Post
    What's being overlooked is how much of playoff failures Aldridge and JJ have been in their careers. JJ has probably been the biggest disappointment for a "Star" player in the playoffs the last 5 seasons and Alridge has yet to win a playoff series. Harden and Bosh weren't the #1 guys on their respective teams, but neither OKC or Miami make the finals without them
    I agree with this to some extent, which is why it was a close decision for me. But what you ALSO have to consider is that Bosh and Harden are secondary players. Aside from some failed attempts in Toronto for Bosh, they've never had to be "the guy" in a playoff series.

vCash
    Ended up giving my vote to Winterfell

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Huh? What starting lineup in the NBA do you know that scores 80+ points every night? Most teams need 25-30 points off the bench to be effective and I think their roster has that capability. Also, I'm just going to agree to disagree on Chalmers and Humphries. You say he takes "high percentage shots" and yet he's a long, 6'9" PF who shot only 48% from the field last year. Chalmers is a tad erratic, but if I had to have either guy take over a game for me with the star players out of the lineup, I'd much rather it be Chalmers than Hump.

I agree with this to some extent, which is why it was a close decision for me. But what you ALSO have to consider is that Bosh and Harden are secondary players. Aside from some failed attempts in Toronto for Bosh, they've never had to be "the guy" in a playoff series.
    How many points did the Celtics bench score through the first 3 rounds?

vCash
    I don't even think it's a question that Humphries is a better option than Chalmers on offense. Chalmers is one year removed from being benched for ****ing Mike Bibby in the playoffs. Sure, he's added a consistent floater to his game as well as better handles, and a better jumper. But he's still nothing more than a mediocre offensive PG that can get maybe 10 PPG who provides good D. Humphries is a great rebounder who's actually not a bad defender and can provide 10-15 points in the paint, a good deal of those coming off boards. Let's not take Chalmers being on the best team in the NBA and make him out to be something he's not.

vCash
    Official count with the 100 post rule as of now:

Winterfell = 24
    St. Joseph = 22

That doesn't include if Swash wants to switch his vote from GM (lol) to Winterfell.

vCash
    Budump

vCash
    Bump

Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    Who's winning?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Baller View Post
    You voted as a GM...
    Damn I could have sworn I chose Winterfell.

I vote Winterfell

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roshan3ai View Post
    I don't even think it's a question that Humphries is a better option than Chalmers on offense. Chalmers is one year removed from being benched for ****ing Mike Bibby in the playoffs. Sure, he's added a consistent floater to his game as well as better handles, and a better jumper. But he's still nothing more than a mediocre offensive PG that can get maybe 10 PPG who provides good D. Humphries is a great rebounder who's actually not a bad defender and can provide 10-15 points in the paint, a good deal of those coming off boards. Let's not take Chalmers being on the best team in the NBA and make him out to be something he's not.
    You just contradicted yourself. You say that Humphries is definitely a better offensive player than Chalmers, but then you say that Chalmers has added a consistent floater, a better jumper and better handles to his game, while saying that a good portion of Humphries' baskets come off of rebounds.

I'm not going to pretend that Chalmers is something he's not, but he plays on a team with Lebron, Wade and Bosh and because of it, his USG% was only 17.4 last season. Humphries played on a team with Williams and players who were never healthy, so his USG% was naturally higher at 19.3. Humphries also played far more minutes (not necessarily from skill... more from necessity). Per 36 minutes, Hump averaged fewer than 2 PPG more than Chalmers, but had a higher USG%.

Even out their USG% because they're playing on teams with similar offensive talent and give them the some number of minutes, and Chalmers easily averages a similar point output to Hump. Plus, his offensive game is far more versatile than Hump's, he can run an offense and even take over games in a pinch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Who are my two offensive weak spots? Everyone in my lineup (minus Brewer) averaged double digit points per game. St. Joe's has two players who only score around 5ppg. That's a huge liability. Aldridge and Joe Johnson have to average career highs in mpg and ppg just to keep this offense afloat.

Battier and Barbosa's reputations are working favorably in their advantage here. Battier's defense was average last season and Barbosa has turned into an ineffecient scorer who can't penetrate or create for teammates. Think Nate Robinson.

Even if they do chip in 10 each that still forces Johnson and Aldridge to combine for 50+ just to get that lineup into the 80s. That's not a good sign. I'll take Humphries as a #3 over Chalmers all day. Chalmers is so erratic and mistake prone. Hump is a David Lee type who takes high percentage shots and crashes the glass.
    Hump is the non scorer. He only gets points off offensive boards or easy layup from teammates. He's creating nothing himself. Battier may not be top 5 defence anymore but he can still do a good job man to man. His defensive 'stats' may not agree but game tape for me does. Barbosa, i'll admit isn't great but he has been on poor teams since he hasn't played with Nash. On this team with JJ and Aldridge, he would get less attention and can still score on any given night. He did in the olympics so no reason he can't here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thenaj17 View Post
    Hump is the non scorer. He only gets points off offensive boards or easy layup from teammates. He's creating nothing himself. Battier may not be top 5 defence anymore but he can still do a good job man to man. His defensive 'stats' may not agree but game tape for me does. Barbosa, i'll admit isn't great but he has been on poor teams since he hasn't played with Nash. On this team with JJ and Aldridge, he would get less attention and can still score on any given night. He did in the olympics so no reason he can't here.
    Last year hump had only 11.8% of his offensive possessions from offensive rebounding. The majority of his offensive plays were off cutting to the basket and pick and roll plays. So he is much more than what you make him out to be.

Battier actually is not that good defender at all anymore. He had great difficulty last year throughout the regular season and only elevated his play in the post season to a somewhat average level. Last year Battier gave up 0.85 PP which is alright. Nothing that special by any means. Again here we go with game tape or the eyes argument? How many full games did you watch Battier play in last year?
    Last edited by Mile High Champ; 10-04-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast