• St. Joseph

26 44.07%
  • Winterfell

26 44.07%
  • GM's of these teams vote here

7 11.86%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Honestly, if St. Joseph put JJ on Harden I would have considered their team a lot more, JJ's a really underrated defender, he's one of the top 5 iso defenders statistically. Battier is just blehh

vCash

vCash
    I voted Saint Joseph not because I liked their duo better. On the contrary, I think Bosh and Harden would be every bit as dangerous an offensive duo as JJ and Aldridge. I voted for Saint Joseph because they are just a better constructed basketball team. And I like the way they match up with Winterfell. Bosh HAS to guard Aldridge in this matchup, whereas Aldridge only has to deal with Humphries on the other end. So not only will Bosh be more tired and get beat up more over a seven games series, he's far more likely to get into foul trouble than Aldridge.

I think Saint Joseph wins this series in six.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I voted Saint Joseph not because I liked their duo better. On the contrary, I think Bosh and Harden would be every bit as dangerous an offensive duo as JJ and Aldridge. I voted for Saint Joseph because they are just a better constructed basketball team. And I like the way they match up with Winterfell. Bosh HAS to guard Aldridge in this matchup, whereas Aldridge only has to deal with Humphries on the other end. So not only will Bosh be more tired and get beat up more over a seven games series, he's far more likely to get into foul trouble than Aldridge.

I think Saint Joseph wins this series in six.
    But then you're assuming that Perkins will do a better job containing Bosh. Perkins is a low post defender who has always played limitted minutes(25-28). Now they expect him to guard Bosh 1 on 1 off the dribble and on the perimeter for 35 minutes. There's your foul trouble.

Plus I'd have thought you'd be more swayed by their lack of scoring.
    Battier - 4.8ppg in the regular season / 7.0ppg in the playoffs
    Perkins - 5.1ppg in the regular season / 4.7ppg in the playoffs

Chalmers is not a #3. Battier is not a #4. And Perk is a non-factor. You talk about a player being tired, how bout Aldridge logging 40 minutes and being expected to score 27-30ppg just to carry the offense? His previous playoff experience and the fact that he will be guarded by Bosh make that seem even more unlikely.

vCash
    I initially liked St. Josephs a lot more and feel they would be a fantastic triangle offense, but I slowly started talking myself out of it more and more as I realized JJ and LA are going to have ALOT of pressure on them to make plays.

I feel St. Josephs is the better assembled team but winterfell just seems to have more options. Also Winterfell included a writeup for their bench so I have to give that to them by default.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Going down to the wire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    Different types of experience. We have two championship winners in our starting 5, and everyone of them has playoff experience. Unlike your team. Harden also saw a drop-off in the playoffs and when he was on the court trying to run an offense, he didn't do a great job.
    You actually have 3 champions in your starting 5
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

vCash
    I'd take Joe Johnson and Aldridge led team ahead of Harden and Bosh every day. Perkins and Battier will make St Joseph's defense really solid and Barbosa can spot Battier for some instant offense.

I do like S-Jax on the bench for Winterfell though.

Both have 2 offensive weak spots in starting lineup and would be interesting matchup but will go with St Joseph's purely because Aldridge and Johnson have experience as number 1 options. Harden's success has been a product of greater teammates.

vCash
    Thought long and hard about it re-read the write ups and the arguments made for and against both teams I'll give my vote to Winterfell in this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    But then you're assuming that Perkins will do a better job containing Bosh. Perkins is a low post defender who has always played limitted minutes(25-28). Now they expect him to guard Bosh 1 on 1 off the dribble and on the perimeter for 35 minutes. There's your foul trouble.

Plus I'd have thought you'd be more swayed by their lack of scoring.
    Battier - 4.8ppg in the regular season / 7.0ppg in the playoffs
    Perkins - 5.1ppg in the regular season / 4.7ppg in the playoffs

Chalmers is not a #3. Battier is not a #4. And Perk is a non-factor. You talk about a player being tired, how bout Aldridge logging 40 minutes and being expected to score 27-30ppg just to carry the offense? His previous playoff experience and the fact that he will be guarded by Bosh make that seem even more unlikely.
    I think Barbosa and Blair can provide 10 points apiece off the bench and with a more involved role, Chalmers could easily add 12-14 a night in the starting lineup. They don't have a true No. 3, but neither do you, IMO. As I've stated previously, I think Humphries is a mediocre offensive player who has been forced to carry too much of the load in New Jersey because of injuries. At best, he's a 10-12 PPG kinda guy on a playoff team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Thought long and hard about it re-read the write ups and the arguments made for and against both teams I'll give my vote to Winterfell in this one.
    You voted as a GM...

My American Hero

KoB Owns My Soul For Life

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Thought long and hard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thenaj17 View Post
    I'd take Joe Johnson and Aldridge led team ahead of Harden and Bosh every day. Perkins and Battier will make St Joseph's defense really solid and Barbosa can spot Battier for some instant offense.

I do like S-Jax on the bench for Winterfell though.

Both have 2 offensive weak spots in starting lineup and would be interesting matchup but will go with St Joseph's purely because Aldridge and Johnson have experience as number 1 options. Harden's success has been a product of greater teammates.
    Who are my two offensive weak spots? Everyone in my lineup (minus Brewer) averaged double digit points per game. St. Joe's has two players who only score around 5ppg. That's a huge liability. Aldridge and Joe Johnson have to average career highs in mpg and ppg just to keep this offense afloat.

Battier and Barbosa's reputations are working favorably in their advantage here. Battier's defense was average last season and Barbosa has turned into an ineffecient scorer who can't penetrate or create for teammates. Think Nate Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I think Barbosa and Blair can provide 10 points apiece off the bench and with a more involved role, Chalmers could easily add 12-14 a night in the starting lineup. They don't have a true No. 3, but neither do you, IMO. As I've stated previously, I think Humphries is a mediocre offensive player who has been forced to carry too much of the load in New Jersey because of injuries. At best, he's a 10-12 PPG kinda guy on a playoff team.
    Even if they do chip in 10 each that still forces Johnson and Aldridge to combine for 50+ just to get that lineup into the 80s. That's not a good sign. I'll take Humphries as a #3 over Chalmers all day. Chalmers is so erratic and mistake prone. Hump is a David Lee type who takes high percentage shots and crashes the glass.

vCash
    What's being overlooked is how much of playoff failures Aldridge and JJ have been in their careers. JJ has probably been the biggest disappointment for a "Star" player in the playoffs the last 5 seasons and Alridge has yet to win a playoff series. Harden and Bosh weren't the #1 guys on their respective teams, but neither OKC or Miami make the finals without them

vCash
    bump again

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast