33 50.00%
  • Springfield

28 42.42%
  • GM's of these teams vote here

5 7.58%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thenaj17 View Post
    Simply not true. Massively overrrated defender and complete offensive liability. Nash will do as he pleases and would make his teammates better as he has done his whole career. You can't question who will score in Springfield as scrubs like Dudley, Gortat and Channing Frye have benefitted greatly from Nash.

Give me Springfield all day long here. Wings are too weak on the other team
    Hey, you live not too far from me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UKBronco58 View Post
    Hey, you live not too far from me.
    Ha, why where do you live?

vCash
    Birmingham.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    I went with Bondi for several reasons. 1.) I like Mike Dunleavy as a very good role player over Rush who is pretty one dimensional. 2.) Steve Nash and KG are on the decline where as Kyrie is only going to get better (although I almost docked Bondi serious points for STILL trying to push that "Kyrie is clutch" point. 3.) Thabo is a much better lockdown perimeter defender than anyone on Springfield's team which can really go a long way towards cooling a hot hand. 4.) I like Bondi's bench a lot more. (and yes I will be making bench an emphasis in my voting to compensate for that fact that nobody else hardly looks at it)
    You'r choosing Bondi because of the bench?

Bondi Beach:
    PG: Shaun Livingston
    SG: JJ Redick
    SF: Linas Kleiza / Aminu
    PF: Jason Smith
    C: Ian Mahinmi / Ben Wallace

Springfield:
    PG: Luke Ridnour
    SG: C.J Miles/Von Wafer
    SF: Omri Casspi
    PF: Jason Maxiell/Charlie Villanueva
    C: Channing Frye

Bondi's bench is a team of scrubs apart from Redick. Livingstone's knees have made him a far below average player. Redick is also the only good shooter from deep.

Springfield have CJ Miles, Von Wafer, Casspi and Frye from deep. Villanueva alone makes this bench much better. Just because his contract is awful doesn't mean he's not a decent player still.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UKBronco58 View Post
    Birmingham.
    Ah right, only an hour and quarter drive...or an hour for me lol

My gf went Uni there until last year, scary big place compared to where i am!

vCash
    Ah right, only an hour and quarter drive...or an hour for me lol

My gf went Uni there until last year, scary big place compared to where i am!
    Ha! Yeah, too big for my liking if truth be told.
    I've only ever driven through Hereford, never visited the place.

vCash
    You'r choosing Bondi because of the bench?

Bondi Beach:
    PG: Shaun Livingston
    SG: JJ Redick
    SF: Linas Kleiza / Aminu
    PF: Jason Smith
    C: Ian Mahinmi / Ben Wallace

Springfield:
    PG: Luke Ridnour
    SG: C.J Miles/Von Wafer
    SF: Omri Casspi
    PF: Jason Maxiell/Charlie Villanueva
    C: Channing Frye

Bondi's bench is a team of scrubs apart from Redick. Livingstone's knees have made him a far below average player. Redick is also the only good shooter from deep.
    Scrubs? Ian Mahinmi played a huge role for Dallas last season off the bench in helping the Mavs to the 8th best defense in the league. He's a perfect complement to Gortat coming off the bench.

Bondi also has Ben Wallace teaming up with him and despite the fact that he may be a shell former self he was still a major contributor on the defensive end last season as his Pistons allowed 8.9 points more when he was off the floor than opposed to when he was on. . His presence alone on D was still extremely valuable. While his offense is nonexistent unlike the Pistons Bondi has solid offense at every position to help off set that.

Jason Smith averaged an efficient 10 and 5 last season for the Hornets. He has great value backing up Randolph because he can help his teams more ways than one. Yes I understand that he's playing off the bench now but that doesn't defeat the fact he is a capable player and far from a scrub.

Klieza also averaged close to 10 off the bench for the Raps and contrary to your notion is a quite capable three point shooter so JJ is not our only good shooter from deep, hell he even had a 30 point game off the bench for the Raps last season to go along with a couple 20+ outings. That's far from a scrub.

Springfield have CJ Miles, Von Wafer, Casspi and Frye from deep. Villanueva alone makes this bench much better. Just because his contract is awful doesn't mean he's not a decent player still.
    Yes they offer good spacing on their bench (something which we have plenty of in our starting line-up) but what about their D? They don't have a single even average defensive player on their bench. KG isn't going to play 48 minutes and neither is Nash so who is to say that when our 2nd unit comes on the floor and matches up against theirs with no KG on the floor that we wont absolutely go off on them?

Remember we have 3 bench players who averaged at our around 10 a game last season. At least off our bench we have Aminu, Mahinmi, Wallace (who guarded a heck of alot of PFs last season so if asked to cover Frye he won't be lost) and Livingston who has caused issues for smaller PGs in the past. Bondi's balance is way better with players with definite roles at each position. I really can't see how anyone would say that their bench is better than Bondi's.

vCash
    Oh i forgot about Kleiza...but he's not great. He's been in a team that chucks up 3's like there's no tomorrow.

You do put up a compelling argument, i will give you that..but still not convinced

vCash
    Springfield. They're a superior defensive basketball team, and with Nash at the helm, they'll still easily put up 100 points a game. Between Nash and Garnett, they have the perfect floor spaces and perimeter defenders in Lee and Rush, and Faried's high energy will be a major benefit in guarding Randolph and pounding the glass. Their bench is also superior (and it's not close).

I'm also a tad concerned about Randolph. He's coming off an injury that made him look a step slow at the end of last season. Can he come back? Possibly. Will he come back? I don't know that it's a foregone conclusion that he will. Also, I think Gortat is an overrated offensive player who is assisted on something like 80% of his NBA baskets (Nash effect).

And while I don't want to overrate this, I think you have to consider playoff experience and clutchness to some extent. If you had to have two guys lead a playoff team, you could do a hell of a lot worse than Nash and Garnett.

Springfield in six.

vCash
    Simply not true. Massively overrrated defender and complete offensive liability. Nash will do as he pleases and would make his teammates better as he has done his whole career. You can't question who will score in Springfield as scrubs like Dudley, Gortat and Channing Frye have benefitted greatly from Nash.

What? The same Thabo Sefolosha who lead all guards last season in defensive off court on/off value to his team? Overrated defensively? I think not. He's quite easily a top 10 perimeter defensive player in the NBA today and possibly even top 5. His defensive RAPM (or Defense per 100) is the best of any perimeter player in the NBA and he's 2nd overall in all of the NBA in that category after Taj Gibson.

As for Thabo being a complete offensive liability I guess you value spacing more from bench players than you do starters because his three point shooting last season was helpful in offering spacing on offense for them.

vCash
    Last season was a career year for Thabo shooting 3's (shooting .437%) with his career at .322, He also shot .276 in '10-'11.

He also attempted more 3's than ever before in his career.

vCash
    bump this as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Last season was a career year for Thabo shooting 3's (shooting .437%) with his career at .322, He also shot .276 in '10-'11.

He also attempted more 3's than ever before in his career.
    Maybe that tells you something- that he worked on his 3 point shot and improved which gave him the confidence to take more 3s and in addition, led to his improved 3pt%.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Can we get a score update?

My American Hero

KoB Owns My Soul For Life

vCash

Well Swashcuff already addressed your flat out wrong statement on Thabo (perhaps you meant to say Courtney Lee is overrated defensively, which you could actually back up with some evidence: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...2&postcount=54). I'll address your flat out wrong statement on our wings being too weak compared to Springfield, who has Rush and Lee...

While our wings aren't amazing by any means, they are both solid and the combination of Redick, Thabo and Dunleavy is definitely better than what they have at the wing spots.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...olth01&y5=2012

As you can see here, Mike Dunleavy led the whole bunch in Win Shares, PER and WS/48. Redick and Rush had practically the same PER while Redick's WS/48 was much better. In fact, out of that group of wings, the only 2 players to have an above average WS/48 are on our team. Dunleavy and Redick have the best ORtg while Thabo has the best DRtg out of the bunch. Out of the bunch, Courtney Lee is the only player who is below average in TS% (and Lee is on Springfield). Redick and Dunleavy have the best Ast% out of the bunch while Thabo has the best Stl%.

To put it bluntly (and nicely), you're flat out wrong.

And of course, I'll let your woefully ignorant statement in bold speak for itself.
    Last edited by PatsSoxKnicks; 10-03-2012 at 04:47 PM.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast