33 50.00%
  • Springfield

28 42.42%
  • GM's of these teams vote here

5 7.58%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff:23808848

You can't expect anyone to assume that based on the write up though Rivera.
    This is true lol i would hope people used common sense bu sometimes common sense aint so common

Hopefully they read what i had to wrote and thought about it, i tried to paint what will actually happen on the basketball floor

I wish i had more time so i could of actually done one but oh well hopefully its good enough and people will like our team

First Sim League Title!

vCash
    Just some thoughts on this series for me, but I haven't voted yet:

KG & Nash will still impact this series in a large, large way. KG put up 19/10 this past post-season and when asked upon the guy just comes up big. I think KG can play 36-38 MPG this series and make that impact known on both ends of the court. What I worry about with Springfield though is their depth in their frontcourt. Even with Thabo on Nash, I don't see Thabo limiting Nash's offensive impact on this series much. Nash doesn't need to "score" to impact a game and Nash's offensive brilliance is surrounded by that he flat-out makes his teammates better on the offensive end. I don't think Thabo on him impacts that. I recognize Thabo is one of the best defensive wings/players in this league, but limiting Nash who is just an offensive guru/maestro I just don't buy. If Nash was in a driving/scoring PG-mold, I'd buy it, but this is a different type of monster.

Experience is such a huge factor in this series though. ZBo really has only been perceived to be a type to lead his team for one season (2 years ago) then he was hurt all of last season. Prior to that, he held the "blackhole" label.

Kyrie is just a flat out stud. I believe in this guy and I think regardless of who Springfield throws at him, he's going to obliterate and I'm a huge fan of Courtney Lee. It does help though that Springfield has KG anchoring the paint though.

Overall this is a super tough series.

I'll vote here sometime soon.

Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

vCash
    I really dont think I can vote on this series. Way to close to call and I am sure voting is tight so I dont want to be the deciding factor. Very evenly matched teams..

vCash
    i gotta think with this one quite tough

vCash
    To the voters ask yourselves which combo do you trust to lead a team to a 7 game playoff series?

Kyrie irving and zach randolph? Or Kevin Garnett and Steve Nash?

Because both teams supporting cast fits both combos attributes but who would you trust more to lead the team to a victory in a 7 game playoff series?

Kyrie irving and zach randolph or kg and nash?

If you trust zbo n kyrie more vote bondi

If you trust kg and nash moe vote springfield

First Sim League Title!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveramk2 View Post
    To the voters ask yourselves which combo do you trust to lead a team to a 7 game playoff series?

Kyrie irving and zach randolph? Or Kevin Garnett and Steve Nash?

Because both teams supporting cast fits both combos attributes but who would you trust more to lead the team to a victory in a 7 game playoff series?

Kyrie irving and zach randolph or kg and nash?

If you trust zbo n kyrie more vote bondi

If you trust kg and nash moe vote springfield
    If it really was that simple but it's not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jamal View Post
    KG and Nash, no matter how much people try and make them to be, are not 35+ min a game players anymore. If you expect them to be so, you're going to get them hurt or them playing at less than an elite level.
    I'm not saying that Springfield would win, but you really don't think Nash and Garnett would exceed 35 minutes a game in the playoffs?

vCash
    Anyway, this is no contest for me. Bondi takes it in 6 games.

KG and Nash, no matter how much people try and make them to be, are not 35+ min a game players anymore. If you expect them to be so, you're going to get them hurt or them playing at less than an elite level.

Nash and Irving would be a wash in my eyes, but having Thabo on Nash changes the whole series dynamic. Irving would struggle against Lee defensively, but I have absolutely no problem telling Courtney Lee go win a 7 game series for the other team

The deciding factor for me are the bigs. I'm a believer in ZBO coming back healthy and I think he would operate extremely well as a Co #1 option with Kyrie. While I think Faried would be certainly much improved defensively next to KG, he's got an extremely tough match-up against ZBO in the post with this series as he struggled in that area last season. If Springfield decides to switch KG on ZBO, then Gortat becomes a significant post advantage.

Well done to both teams, but I flat out cannot buy Nash and KG having to carry a team for 35+ min and at least 40 PPG between the two a night that this team needs to compete
    KG beasted in the playoffs last season and played 35+ minutes

Code:
    Playoffs 	        Team	G	GS	MPG	FG%	3p%	FT%	OFF	DEF	RPG	APG	SPG	BPG	TO	PF	PPG
    Playoff Averages	BOS	20	20	36.9	0.497	0.250	0.813	1.6	8.8	10.3	1.5	1.2	1.4	2.2	3.0	19.2

vCash
    Springfield in 6

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D1RoseJM View Post

Code:
    Playoff Averages	BOS	20	20	36.9	0.497	0.250	0.813	1.6	8.8	10.3	1.5	1.2	1.4	2.2	3.0	19.2
    KG won't have anybody this time around to help him on offense like he currently has in Boston. KG would likely be way less effective in this series considering Springfield is asking him to be their number 1 option as well as their defensive anchor. That is a lot to ask of a guy who has played 17 seasons in the league and is 35 years old.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    I'm not saying that Springfield would win, but you really don't think Nash and Garnett would exceed 35 minutes a game in the playoffs?
    I don't buy them as elite 35+ minute/game players anymore. KG has had Pierce/Rondo/Allen the last 5 years to take pressure off of him and Nash hasn't played 35+ minutes in the regular season since 06. It's not a knock on their talent, but it's a a lot to ask of 2 guys with a ton of mileage on them to maintain an elite level of play for that long of a period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D1RoseJM View Post

Code:
    KG also only played 32 MPG during the regular season with Pierce/Rondo/Allen. I just can't see KG and Nash holding up for an entire year with that level of play

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roshan3ai View Post
    Faried will get an easy 10-12, especially with Nash distributing the ball. And when that whole writeup is based off of synergy, I find it interesting they left off Irving's atrocious defensive numbers. 447th in the league on defense and what concerns me is that he's 380th guarding spotup shooters (1.31 PPP guarding spotup shooters, .99 PPP on iso) and Lee is 65th in the league on spot up shots, shooting 43% from deep while Irving lets opponents shoot 47% on spot ups. That gives Nash a solid amount to work with, not mentioning Rush who can add 10-12 and KG who can get 15-17
    Is this going to be addressed?

vCash
    KG also only played 32 MPG during the regular season with Pierce/Rondo/Allen. I just can't see KG and Nash holding up for an entire year with that level of play
    They made the playoffs. Most of the year is over. We're already in the postseason, and in the postseason I can see them playing 35+ minutes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roshan3ai View Post
    I wouldn't put too much stock into a 28 game sample size for ZBo
    Ok fair enough. So lets increase our sample size then. In 09-10, ZBo was about average defensively (actually he ranked in the top half of the league so above average). He gave up .89 Points Per Play which ranked 188th in the league in 09-10. It's not great by any means but its above average and solid. To compliment that, his post defense in 09-10 was even better than his overall numbers, ranking 141st in the league. Again, top half of the league.

However, thats 2 years ago. So how about 10-11? Well even better. In fact, in 10-11, he was a flat out good defender. He ranked 120th overall in points per play and he was one of the better post defenders in the league giving up .79 points per play which ranked 85th in the league. He was also very good in 10-11 in guarding the pick and roll, ranking 71st.

In addition, ZBO fares well in defensive adjusted +/- as well (which adjusts +/- numbers for teammates and opponent). In 10-2011, he had a positive impact on defense and in 09-10, he had a break even impact on D. So the evidence is very much there that ZBo has been getting better on defense.

We aren't going to sit there and say he's a great defender or anything but there's enough evidence over the last few years that would indicate he's at the very least average defensively, if not even slightly above average.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast