33 50.00%
  • Springfield

28 42.42%
  • GM's of these teams vote here

5 7.58%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    Your right he was efficient last year but he is not going off on ZBO. Last year Faried only twice posted a game where he scored more than 20 points. He is a great role player and complimentary piece but nothing significant enough on offense where he is going to change the series in any big way. He will be right around his average of 10 per game/

Also Last year according to Synergy Zbo was much improved defensively posting the 147st overall defense. He was also excellent defending the pick and roll last year and was very good defending the low post. ZBO would hold his own against Faried.
    I wouldn't put too much stock into a 28 game sample size for ZBo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roshan3ai View Post
    Just one thing that I noticed:

Faried was 17th in the league on offense according to synergy. Bondi didn't really mention how they will limit him, especially with ZBo on him. Faried will have a very solid series. He's efficient, a magnificent rebounder, and can finish at the rim. And ZBo isn't a good defender.
    He's more of an around the basket guy and doesn't stretch the floor much for Nash, but KG does meaning Faried would often be alone down low facing tat or zbo for boards.

I was leaning towards Bondi but a front court of McGee and Faried was able to limit and contain Gasol and Bynum this past playoffs so I need to check out more numbers and stuff before voting. It's tough, aside from their PG's neither team has anyone who can generate their own offense and slash, Lee can at times but he can't do it consistantly.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    springfield:

our pick and roll game is going to cause problems with nash/farieed and our pick and pop game is the best in the redraft with nash to KG. were gonna run screens all day and even at times set screens for both at the same time and let nash make the best option

thabo isnt a scorer so we will have courntey lee on kyrie irving to do our best to slow him down and put nash on thabo...we arent worried about thabo offensively hes merely a spot up shooter in the bruce bowen mold and nash guarded bowen because of the lack of offense for bowen same concept with thabo..if thabo wants to try to go off on nash for 30+ thats a win for our team

lee will be guarding irving

the motor between KG/farieed bondi wont be able to match and farieed offsets KG's biggest weakness (rebounding) and can take some boards away from zbo

we win this matchup based on EXPIRENCE expirence is key in the playoffs and we have tons of playoff grit and veteran expirence that would help us in a 7 game series when bondis core of playoffs have had limited playoff success (minus zbo, gortat was a bench player when the magic went to the playoffs he hardly played behind dwight and stan hadley NEVER put the two on the same time)

our spacing is incredible nash can roam the entire floor find creases in a paint that will largely be vacant with the occasional cutter like in pheonix (our primary cutters are fareed, rush, and lee)

garnett may not be a "35 min a guy" anymore but this is the PLAYOFFS not the regular season, in the playoffs its all hands on deck not to mention KG AVERAGED 36 minutes per game for the boston celtics for these past playoffs so i dont know the thought of KG cant play big minutes came from

and the last time Nash was in the playoffs (not this past season but the season before) he averaged 33 minutes per game so he can still play a good chunk of the game and we have a fine backup pg who can easily facilitate this offense in luke ridnour

frye coming into the game and streching the floor even more for springfield can cause tons of problems defensivly for bondi and KG and Frye are two of the diriest players/screen setters in the league so for knockdown shooters like rush/lee/miles/casspi would be given more room for there shot coming off screens if the offense calls for one of the shooters to come across of the screens

the steve nash factor. players in pheonix got much better playing with steve nash from the matrix to amare to raja bell to Q rich to channing frye to barbosa to boris diaw all had career years playing with nash and all took a hit once they left pheonix (minus frye hes still there) and we can expect a slight bumps in scoring and efficiency from all our players because of the steve nash factor

and like i said his defensive defficiences (nash) will be masked because he will be guarding primarly a spot up shooter (thabo) while courtney lee can do the heavy lifting on D for nash and get dirty/physical and just in the head of the rookie with protection from fareed/KG

we feel our team is one of the most complete were surrounded by shooters with a nice inside game from kg and farieed and the motor and energy alone from farieed/kg would be contageious throughout the team. KG always is the identity of every team hes been on hes always been one of the leaders if not THE leader and thats not changing here but imagine physco hyper KG (like he always his) pairing with someone whos just as hyper if not MORE hyper than KG? can you say overload?

zbo might get so mad at the activity between these two he might throw a punch...we all know KG can get under anyones skin and Zbos mentallity isnt exactly the strongest

we (springfield) would win this matchup

The Biggest Event Of the PSD Calendar Is Here!!!
    POSTERMANIA 4!!! Come Challenge a fellow PSD Friend
    Or Rival to a brawl and see Who the better poster is!!!!!
    Need More Details? Click Here or PM me! -Owner Riv

vCash
    MHC is quick to point out how irving would destroy nash on offense which is true but nash wont be guarding irving, thats c. lee's job

whos gonna guard nash? irving? did you see his numbers and how bad he was on D last year? your going to pull a springfield move and put irving on lee? lee would take him off the dribble all day we have matchups defensivley for them but they dont necessarily match up well with us defensivley

one of there best defensive players (Gortat) and there rim protector cant protect the rim 18 feet away where KG likes to get off his jumpshot...Gortat wants to cheat of KG? Nash wont mind hitting KG open for his favorite 18-22 foot jumper KG loves taking....there rim protection is neturalized BIG time allowing farieed/lee/rush/NASH to live in the paint and once they collapse our shooters would kill them!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveramk2 View Post
    MHC is quick to point out how irving would destroy nash on offense which is true but nash wont be guarding irving, thats c. lee's job

whos gonna guard nash? irving? did you see his numbers and how bad he was on D last year? your going to pull a springfield move and put irving on lee? lee would take him off the dribble all day we have matchups defensivley for them but they dont necessarily match up well with us defensivley

one of there best defensive players (Gortat) and there rim protector cant protect the rim 18 feet away where KG likes to get off his jumpshot...Gortat wants to cheat of KG? Nash wont mind hitting KG open for his favorite 18-22 foot jumper KG loves taking....there rim protection is neturalized BIG time allowing farieed/lee/rush/NASH to live in the paint and once they collapse our shooters would kill them!
    Read their writeup bro. He said Nash will be guarded by Lee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    I voted for Springfield here.

Bondi Beach is only better in advocating.

How come Irving/Sefolosha is any close to Nash/Lee? Irving is vastly talented, I love his natural feel for the game, but he didn't even have a full rookie season, while Nash is one of the best pure PG's in NBA history, a two time MVP. Both Sefolosha and Lee are good defenders, but Lee is a much better shooter(actually best corner 3's shooter last year with 52%).

Both Dunleavy and Rush are horrible, and Gortat/Randolph and KG/Faried are close. Faried is talented and hard working, but inexperienced, but KG's class makes up for it.
    What Irving accomplished last year was truly remarkable and you hold it against him because of a lock out shortened season? The reality is that Lee is not a good defender, he is average and perhaps even below average. I provided the statistics on that which I guess you ignored. With at being said Thabo is going to be guarding Nash in this series which not only limits his effectiveness as a play maker but also as scorer. How exactly is Lee that much better of a shooter. Last year Thabo connected on 43.7% of his three's while Courtney Lee shot 43.3%. How is he exactly a better shooter?

How is Dunleavy horrible. He was incredibly efficient last year posting a 597 TS% and a 557 eFG%. Dunleavy is actually the perfect compliment to the play of ZBO and Gortat considering how good of a shooter he is. Add in the fact that Dunleavy held opposing SF's to a PER under 11 and you have a very good role player.

So wait hardworking and class all the sudden make up for a clear advantage of Zbo over Faried? Ok than...

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

Come Check Out the Raptors Forum!
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roshan3ai View Post
    I wouldn't put too much stock into a 28 game sample size for ZBo
    Very true but he has proven that he has gotten better the last few years in that area. Not great by any means but average probably.

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

[/CENTER]

vCash
    Rivera, you already said Lee was on Thabo. You can't start changing your write up now. What is done is done.

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

[/CENTER]

vCash

Well dude you didn't say that in your write-up. Are you changing your tune now?

Also if you read our write-up you'll see the answers to your questions.

vCash
    nah i didnt write the write up justin did

.... the write up doesnt say nash is on irving defensively justin just compared the two PGs by position

the write up doesnt say "nash will guard irving" thats just ********...its common sense nash will guard thabo because of nash defficincies and justin may not have wrote that but that is the intention on defense to put lee on nash

again the write up compares nash to kyrie it doesnt say "nash will guard kyrie" thats assanine

vCash
    the help d justin is talking about in our write up is nash basically playing passing lanes helping off thabo cause we arent worried about him

clearing up a misconception

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    I voted for Springfield here.

Bondi Beach is only better in advocating.

How come Irving/Sefolosha is any close to Nash/Lee? Irving is vastly talented, I love his natural feel for the game, but he didn't even have a full rookie season, while Nash is one of the best pure PG's in NBA history, a two time MVP. Both Sefolosha and Lee are good defenders, but Lee is a much better shooter(actually best corner 3's shooter last year with 52%).

Both Dunleavy and Rush are horrible, and Gortat/Randolph and KG/Faried are close. Faried is talented and hard working, but inexperienced, but KG's class makes up for it.
    There is a pretty large difference in terms of D between Lee and Thabo and quite honestly though you are right on Lee having the best corner three last season that in itself isn't as wide a gap as is the defense.

I honestly don't get how Dunleavy is seen as horrible but Lee is praised when it can easily be argued that Dunleavy was a better player than Lee last season. The spacing he offers along with Reddick, Thabo and Kyrie is huge for us especially when you consider that both Z-Bo and Gortat do most of their dirty work offensively 12 feet in.

vCash
    Where's PSK, I was expecting numbers'R'Us being thrown around what a disappointment

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    nah i didnt write the write up justin did

.... the write up doesnt say nash is on irving defensively justin just compared the two PGs by position

the write up doesnt say "nash will guard irving" thats just ********...its common sense nash will guard thabo because of nash defficincies and justin may not have wrote that but that is the intention on defense to put lee on nash

again the write up compares nash to kyrie it doesnt say "nash will guard kyrie" thats assanine
    You can't expect anyone to assume that based on the write up though Rivera.

vCash
    springfield:

our pick and roll game is going to cause problems with nash/farieed and our pick and pop game is the best in the redraft with nash to KG. were gonna run screens all day and even at times set screens for both at the same time and let nash make the best option
    As I already pointed out in my write up. Thabo is one of the best in the league at defending the pick and roll and he is guarding Nash. How exactly is this going to cause problems for my team? What are you even trying to say in the 2nd part of this paragraph.

Faried also rarely utilized the pick and roll. More than half of his offensive production came on cuts to the basket and offensive rebounding. Guess what, ZBO is the 5th best rebounder at the PF position so I don't see how Faried will be as effective as you claim.

thabo isnt a scorer so we will have courntey lee on kyrie irving to do our best to slow him down and put nash on thabo...we arent worried about thabo offensively hes merely a spot up shooter in the bruce bowen mold and nash guarded bowen because of the lack of offense for bowen same concept with thabo..if thabo wants to try to go off on nash for 30+ thats a win for our team
    Wait you said in your write up Lee was on Thabo? Which game plan are you using. I assume the one you sent in as your write up since that is the one everyone is reading. Wait why is Bruce Bowen in the discussion now. Also when Thabo comes out of the game, Redick comes in and he has proven he can score 20+ and he would have no problem putting up those numbers with Nash guarding him.

the motor between KG/farieed bondi wont be able to match and farieed offsets KG's biggest weakness (rebounding) and can take some boards away from zbo
    The motor? Is this something we can measure? How is KG going take boards away from ZBO exactly?

we win this matchup based on EXPIRENCE expirence is key in the playoffs and we have tons of playoff grit and veteran expirence that would help us in a 7 game series when bondis core of playoffs have had limited playoff success (minus zbo, gortat was a bench player when the magic went to the playoffs he hardly played behind dwight and stan hadley NEVER put the two on the same time)
    So you are relying on experience to win you the series. Where is your scoring going to come from. You do not have one player on your roster than can be considered a number 1 option. You can't put up points with experience and you don't have enough defensively to stop Irving, Redick, ZBO and Gortat.

our spacing is incredible nash can roam the entire floor find creases in a paint that will largely be vacant with the occasional cutter like in pheonix (our primary cutters are fareed, rush, and lee)
    So is ours, what is your point? Redick, Thabo, Dunleavy and Irving all shot above 39% from beyond the arch. The difference is that our team actually demands your wings to help in the post thus allowing our shooters to go off. Faried or KG are not players we need to double in the post and neither really is a threat down low. We have two strong low post scorers in Gortat and ZBO who paired with our outside shooting with certainly provide nightmares for your teams defense.

garnett may not be a "35 min a guy" anymore but this is the PLAYOFFS not the regular season, in the playoffs its all hands on deck not to mention KG AVERAGED 36 minutes per game for the boston celtics for these past playoffs so i dont know the thought of KG cant play big minutes came from

and the last time Nash was in the playoffs (not this past season but the season before) he averaged 33 minutes per game so he can still play a good chunk of the game and we have a fine backup pg who can easily facilitate this offense in luke ridnour
    The difference between your team and that Celtics team is your rosters. KG had Pierce and Rondo in the playoffs to take the heat off him as a scorer which allowed him to get his 19 in the playoffs. Yes KG really came alive in the playoffs but you don't nearly have the offensive weapons that can put KG in a similar position to succeed.

But what did Nash play this season? 31 minutes per game and he has one of the leagues best perimeter defenders on him the entire game. How is Nash going to have enough energy to play 33+ minutes as you claim with his current match up?

frye coming into the game and streching the floor even more for springfield can cause tons of problems defensivly for bondi and KG and Frye are two of the diriest players/screen setters in the league so for knockdown shooters like rush/lee/miles/casspi would be given more room for there shot coming off screens if the offense calls for one of the shooters to come across of the screens

the steve nash factor. players in pheonix got much better playing with steve nash from the matrix to amare to raja bell to Q rich to channing frye to barbosa to boris diaw all had career years playing with nash and all took a hit once they left pheonix (minus frye hes still there) and we can expect a slight bumps in scoring and efficiency from all our players because of the steve nash factor

and like i said his defensive defficiences (nash) will be masked because he will be guarding primarly a spot up shooter (thabo) while courtney lee can do the heavy lifting on D for nash and get dirty/physical and just in the head of the rookie with protection from fareed/KG
    You don't have nearly the offensive talent of those Suns team so why are you even comparing the teams. Yes Nash makes his teammates better but he is not turning Courtney Lee and Brandon Rush into vintage Shawn Marion and Joe Johnson.

Again you lean on Lee on defense yet he is only average to below average in that area. He is not going to stop Irving. You have no answer for him what so ever.

we feel our team is one of the most complete were surrounded by shooters with a nice inside game from kg and farieed and the motor and energy alone from farieed/kg would be contageious throughout the team. KG always is the identity of every team hes been on hes always been one of the leaders if not THE leader and thats not changing here but imagine physco hyper KG (like he always his) pairing with someone whos just as hyper if not MORE hyper than KG? can you say overload?

zbo might get so mad at the activity between these two he might throw a punch...we all know KG can get under anyones skin and Zbos mentallity isnt exactly the strongest
    Great so does every team in this redraft. As I stated before you have no low post scorer that demands a double so how exactly are you going to generate the lights out shooting you claim.

Alright I am done debating because I can't argue against "imagine a hyper KG". There go guys, that is why Springfield has the advantage.

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

[/CENTER]

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast