33 50.00%
  • Springfield

28 42.42%
  • GM's of these teams vote here

5 7.58%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

NBA ReDraft Playoffs 1st Round: 4) Bondi Beach vs. 5) Springfield

Welcome to the 2012 NBA ReDraft voting process. The redraft is exactly how it sounds. The rosters of every NBA team are cleared and then drafted again from scratch. Posters from the site draft full rosters under a salary cap and then there is a voting process to make the playoffs. We are now in the playoffs and the head to head matchups have begun. Please remember to vote for the roster and write-up you believe would win a 7 game series. Also remember that every player is considered as healthy for these playoffs. Thank you and enjoy the playoffs!

Bondi Beach:
    PG: Kyrie Irving / Shaun Livingston
    SG: Thabo Sefolosha / JJ Redick
    SF: Mike Dunleavy / Linas Kleiza / Aminu
    PF: Zach Randolph / Jason Smith
    C: Marcin Gortat / Ian Mahinmi / Ben Wallace

Springfield:
    PG: Steve Nash/Luke Ridnour
    SG: Courtney Lee/C.J Miles/Von Wafer
    SF: Brandon Rush/Omri Casspi
    PF: Kenneth Farried/Jason Maxiell/Charlie Villanueva
    C: Kevin Garnett/Channing Frye

Bondi Beach Writeup
    We would like to congratulate Springfield on reaching the playoffs in the Eastern Conference. With that being said, we would like to point out why Bondi Beach would be victorious in this playoff series.

PG: Kyrie Irving v. Courtney Lee: We were very pleased to see that in this series that Irving was going to have the privilege of going up against a team that had no answer for his talents. Courtney Lee last year was remained a reliable two way player but often gets mislabelled as being a good defender. Last year Lee was just average defensively. He yielded 0.88 PPP overall which placed him amongst the bottom half of the league. This is great news for Irving who was one of the league’s best offensive players. Last year Irving was sensational in isolation plays scoring 1.01 PPP putting him in the top 10 in that statistic. Irving was also a terrific spot up shooter and ran the pick and roll extremely well. Where we feel we can abuse Lee is on pick and roll plays and in Isolation; two areas where he has had difficulty. Last year Lee gave up 0.99 PPP on Isolation plays which put him amongst the bottom half of the league and he struggled guarding the pick and roll when he gave up 0.87 PPP. We plan to create many opportunities for isolation with Irving who is much too quick for Lee to handle. Irving also has the benefit of being a terrific shooter from the outside connecting on 39% of his three pointers. This is another dimension of his game that Lee has to contend with and when he attempts to guard Irving too close, Irving has the speed and quickness to get by him. Finally perhaps Irving most incredible statistic from last season was that he was the number 1 ranked clutch player in the final 5 minutes of a game. Yes even better than Durant, Lebron, Wade, Kobe etc. Irving was simply sensational in the final few minutes when he scored 56.4 PPG which is based off Production per 48 Minutes of Clutch Time. How is Lee expected to stop one of the league’s most clutch players when they simply have no answer for him defensively? This is a huge advantage for us.

Thabo Sefolosha v. Steve Nash: In this series, we will be putting our defensive ace Thabo Sefolosha on Steve Nash. For his entire career, Thabo has been labelled a shutdown defender. He uses his combination of size and speed to stay in front of quick and agile guards. While Nash has continued to be a very effective player on the court offensively, he has begun to regress in his ability to put the ball in the net. He remains a very efficient player but is coming off a campaign where his scoring was at a 10 year low (12.5 ppg) and played a 10 year low of 31 minutes per contest. Can Nash be counted on to score 18 points per game or more in a series? I use 18 points per game because that is what it will likely take form him to give Springfield any change of competing in this series because they do not have a number 1 option. Even if Nash could score an unreal number in this series, he has to do it against Thabo which in itself is a monumental request. Last year Nash ran over 60% of his offensive plays through pick and roll. Lucky for us, Thabo was one of the league’s best defending the pick and roll only yielding 0.64 PPP which put him 25th overall in the league. On offense Thabo connected on over 40% of his three point attempts as we see him having the green light to shoot from the corner when the double comes against Zach Randolph. We do not need to lean on Thabo at all on offense which allows him to focus on his defensive assignment and make Nash’s life a nightmare. No matter who Nash ends up guarding in this series, that player will put up some big numbers considering Nash’s inability to defend even a broken chair on the perimeter.

Mike Dunleavy v. Brandon Rush: Arguably each teams least attractive starters going head to head in this match up. Last year bot players post great numbers from the outside. Both players were very efficient and posted nearly identical defensive numbers according to Synergy. The one advantage Dunleavy has is his size. Dunleavy stands at 6’9 and has a significant advantage over the smaller Rush. Last year Rush was at his best defending the shooting guard position but got exposed when he was asked to guard bigger three’s. In their one contest against each other last year, Dunleavy torched Rush. He scored 24 points in only 19 minutes while shooting 87% from the field in just 19 minutes. Rush on the other hand played 36 minutes but was able to only muster a measly 10 points. One final stat to leave you with was Dunleavy’s defensive play last year. Opposing small forwards had just a 10.1 PER against him according to 82games.com and the Bucks gave up 5.6 fewer points per 100 possessions with him on the floor. We feel even this match-up is an advantage for us.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...02&p2=rushbr01

Zach Randolph v. Kenneth Faried: We feel this is perhaps the most one sided match up in the series. ZBO will have the luxury of going up against an inept defensive PF in Faried. Last year Faried was pretty bad defensively giving up 0.93 PPP putting him 370th in the league. Even if Springfield opts to put KG on Zbo, it really does not change anything because Gortat will have just as easy of a time scoring on Faired. Either way it’s a win-win. Last year ZBO played hurt and it showed but with time off to heal his injury, returning to his usual 20 and 10 stat line is not anywhere out of the question. Even with ZBO’s off year, he still managed to be very strong in the post as he finished in the top 40 in post-up plays. He remains a terrific rebounder finishing in the top 5 at his position. We feel this is the match up that put us way over the top against Springfield.

Marcin Gortat v. Kevin Garnett: We are excited that we have a capable and strong center to go against KG. Gortat is coming off a great year last season when he posted career highs in points and rebounds. Gortat was one of the leagues most efficient and improved post scorers last year as evidence by his 1.05 PPP. Gortat excels in the pick and roll game and like he had in Phoenix with Nash, He has a PG in Ivring that excels in this area. Gortat will pull KG away from the basket with the pick and roll and allow ZBO to go to work. Gortat also posted similar defensive synergy numbers to KG showing Gortat’s improvement defensively last season. We feel that between Gortat and ZBO we have a huge edge down low in this series and no matter who KG guards defensively, one of our bigs will have a huge series against Faried.

Bench: We love our bench. We have a great sixth man in Redick who back-ups Thabo (similar situation to Thabo’s real life situation in OKC). Redick was simply fantastic last season on offense. He shot 41.8 percent on 3s and as Per Hollinger he actually became a great ball handler as well.” At this point he's almost a point guard, ranking fifth among shooting guards in pure point rating while sporting one of the lowest turnover rates at his position”. We feel that overall our bench is stronger 1-5 and Redick is the major difference on the bench that Springfield simply can’t match.

In the end we feel that Spingfield does not have a strong enough of a defensive team outside of KG to stop the offensive fire power of ZBO, Irving, Gortat and even Redick. Also who is expected to score for Springfield in this series? KG scored only 15 PPG last regualr season and yes he upped his production in the playoffs but he does not have Rondo or Pierce in this series to help him. He will be leaned on heavily with this current roster offensively which should help tire him out and make him less effective on the defensive end. Bondi Beach in six games.
    Springfield Writeup
    PG-Kyrie is a great young PG, but this matchup clearly goes to Steve Nash. Nash has been ageless these past few years, being right at the top in assists and doing more with less than anyone in the league. Nash has an incredible ability to make an an average player look good and a good player look great. Kyrie has yet to show he is capable of being an elite playmaker in his young career. Beyond their playmaking abilities both players have shown they can put the ball in the basket. Nash is one of the best shooters in the league and provides incredible floor spacing. Nash should win this matchup based on his playmaking abilities and shooting.

SG-Lee vs Thabo. Both players are known for their defense, but lee is also an elite shooter from 3. Thabo is a weak link on the offensive end and will allow springfileds d to help off him.

SF-This matchup is pretty much a wash. Dunleavy is past his prime and rush is just entering his. Rush is coming off a career year where he shot 45% from 3. Dunleavy is a below average defender while rush can hold his own.

PF- This will be an interesting matchup. Zbo is a dynamic offensive threat but not a strong defender. Faried is coming off a fantastic rookie season and has earned the nickname "manimal" for a reason. He has the highest motor seen in a long time. His rookie numbers are similar to rodmans. What faried loses in size over zbo he makes up for it in athleticism. Farrieds elite ability to rebound(ranked 7th in rebounding rate), both offensively and defensively will make a big impact on the game. Not to mention faried would be able to guard gortat and KG could guard zbo if need be.

C-Kg vs gortat. KG totally owns this matchup. Really no comparison. KG can shutdown gortat, and with kg's ability to hit the 20 foot jumper he can pull gortat out of the lane and let nash run the show. Not to mention a nash-kg pick and roll will be nasty. KG will be the backbone of springfields defense and help all over the court.

Bench-the benches are pretty much a wash. springfield has ridnour who is a fantastic backup pg and frye who can really stretch the floor with his 3pt shot. miles and caspi also will help spread the floor and maxiel will provide toughness down low. Bondi has reddick who will help them stretch the floor but not much scoring other than that.

This should be an excellent series. In the end, springfield should win this series because of their veteran leadership, and the way the team was constructed. Nash will make everyone look better that they are, KG will patrol the paint and prevent Zbo from having efficient games. Farried will help on the boards and lee and rush will space the floor with their elite 3pt shooting. With KG pulling gortat outside the paint on offense, the paint should be open too.
    Last edited by phlp_bj; 10-02-2012 at 02:05 PM.

vCash
    At least read the write up..

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

Come Check Out the Raptors Forum!
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    That writeup makes it hard to vote for Springfield. I think this matchup is really close though so I'll wait before I vote.

vCash

That short of a PSK write-up???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jamal View Post

That short of a PSK write-up???
    I did it. I was in a rush. I forgot we had to send ours in today and PSK was not on. We did talk about it though. If we advance, you will see a bigger one likely.
    Last edited by Mile High Champ; 10-02-2012 at 01:36 PM.

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

[/CENTER]

vCash
    Come on guys..

PG-Kyrie is a great young PG, but this matchup clearly goes to Steve Nash. Nash has been ageless these past few years, being right at the top in assists and doing more with less than anyone in the league. Nash has an incredible ability to make an an average player look good and a good player look great. Kyrie has yet to show he is capable of being an elite playmaker in his young career. Beyond their playmaking abilities both players have shown they can put the ball in the basket. Nash is one of the best shooters in the league and provides incredible floor spacing. Nash should win this matchup based on his playmaking abilities and shooting.
    How does any of this prove Nash beats out Irving in a match up? Please explain this to me because this contributes nothing to an argument.

Thabo would certainly stop the offensive production of Nash while Springfield has nobody that can even remotely keep up with Irving.

Also who is expected to score in this series for Springfield. They simply don't have enough offense to win a series and couple that with a weak defensive team outside of KG and you have issues.

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

[/CENTER]

vCash
    Anyway, this is no contest for me. Bondi takes it in 6 games.

KG and Nash, no matter how much people try and make them to be, are not 35+ min a game players anymore. If you expect them to be so, you're going to get them hurt or them playing at less than an elite level.

Nash and Irving would be a wash in my eyes, but having Thabo on Nash changes the whole series dynamic. Irving would struggle against Lee defensively, but I have absolutely no problem telling Courtney Lee go win a 7 game series for the other team

The deciding factor for me are the bigs. I'm a believer in ZBO coming back healthy and I think he would operate extremely well as a Co #1 option with Kyrie. While I think Faried would be certainly much improved defensively next to KG, he's got an extremely tough match-up against ZBO in the post with this series as he struggled in that area last season. If Springfield decides to switch KG on ZBO, then Gortat becomes a significant post advantage.

Well done to both teams, but I flat out cannot buy Nash and KG having to carry a team for 35+ min and at least 40 PPG between the two a night that this team needs to compete
    Last edited by The_Jamal; 10-02-2012 at 01:40 PM.

vCash
    Thank you Jamal for defending your vote. Would love to hear from some of the other experienced GM's that already voted.

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

[/CENTER]

vCash
    Just one thing that I noticed:

Faried was 17th in the league on offense according to synergy. Bondi didn't really mention how they will limit him, especially with ZBo on him. Faried will have a very solid series. He's efficient, a magnificent rebounder, and can finish at the rim. And ZBo isn't a good defender.

vCash
    Oh, and not that it would matter much but Dunleavy is better than Rush and actually playing in his natural position. I like that match-up for Bondi as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roshan3ai View Post

Faried was 17th in the league on offense according to synergy. Bondi didn't really mention how they will limit him, especially with ZBo on him. Faried will have a very solid series. He's efficient, a magnificent rebounder, and can finish at the rim. And ZBo isn't a good defender.
    Faried isn't torching anyone for more than 10-12 PPG. He's makes his living by out-working everyone on the floor and being a monster on the glass. I pity any offense that dumps Faried the ball in the post and let's him create against anyone. Also, ZBO is no slouch on the boards either which limits some of Faried's effectiveness

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roshan3ai View Post

Your right he was efficient last year but he is not going off on ZBO. Last year Faried only twice posted a game where he scored more than 20 points. He is a great role player and complimentary piece but nothing significant enough on offense where he is going to change the series in any big way. He will be right around his average of 10 per game/

Also Last year according to Synergy Zbo was much improved defensively posting the 147st overall defense. He was also excellent defending the pick and roll last year and was very good defending the low post. ZBO would hold his own against Faried.

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

[/CENTER]

vCash
    Exactly. I would be worried about ZBO's defense against an elite scoring PF, but Faried isn't a player who can take advantage of him.

vCash
    I voted for Springfield here.

Bondi Beach is only better in advocating.

How come Irving/Sefolosha is any close to Nash/Lee? Irving is vastly talented, I love his natural feel for the game, but he didn't even have a full rookie season, while Nash is one of the best pure PG's in NBA history, a two time MVP. Both Sefolosha and Lee are good defenders, but Lee is a much better shooter(actually best corner 3's shooter last year with 52%).

Both Dunleavy and Rush are horrible, and Gortat/Randolph and KG/Faried are close. Faried is talented and hard working, but inexperienced, but KG's class makes up for it.

vCash
    Faried will get an easy 10-12, especially with Nash distributing the ball. And when that whole writeup is based off of synergy, I find it interesting they left off Irving's atrocious defensive numbers. 447th in the league on defense and what concerns me is that he's 380th guarding spotup shooters (1.31 PPP guarding spotup shooters, .99 PPP on iso) and Lee is 65th in the league on spot up shots, shooting 43% from deep while Irving lets opponents shoot 47% on spot ups. That gives Nash a solid amount to work with, not mentioning Rush who can add 10-12 and KG who can get 15-17

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast