5 0.00%
  • Relief Pitching

7 0.00%
  • Mike Trout 20 year deal

978,568 100.00%
Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    Can Hamilton actually play right field? And I'm starting to have my doubts about trading Kendrys. It was reported earlier this off-season that he's getting in better shape and I think, being that it's his contract year, he'll likely have more incentive to perform at a premium level. His trade value is low right now and I think there's a chance he could end up being a player we would offer a qualifying offer to next year. Not that we would necessarily try to re-sign him, but we could get draft pick compensation for him. As much as I hate it, I think Bourjos is the right person to trade. If we trade him we wouldn't have to move Trout or Hamilton out of their primary positions. Additionally, I think Trumbo and Morales are better fits for our current lineup.
    Oh yeah, he had a decent amount of innings in Texas, but played the other two spots because that's where they needed him most. If Bourjos is in center, I'd probably put Trout in right and Hamilton in left(or maybe not, we'll see), but with Trout in center, I'd definitely stick Hamilton in right.

And I really agree with Kendrys. He got his power going late last season and could keep that going forward. Biggest risk is obviously that he'll want a starting 1B job somewhere, which we can't give him, but I'm hopeful something could be negotiated. Morales probably isn't a guy who could hit second, either, so he might not like batting 6th a lot of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    one guy doesn't take you from yearly playoff conteder to the worst team in football

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    Can Hamilton actually play right field? And I'm starting to have my doubts about trading Kendrys. It was reported earlier this off-season that he's getting in better shape and I think, being that it's his contract year, he'll likely have more incentive to perform at a premium level. His trade value is low right now and I think there's a chance he could end up being a player we would offer a qualifying offer to next year. Not that we would necessarily try to re-sign him, but we could get draft pick compensation for him. As much as I hate it, I think Bourjos is the right person to trade. If we trade him we wouldn't have to move Trout or Hamilton out of their primary positions. Additionally, I think Trumbo and Morales are better fits for our current lineup.
    If Trumbo can play RF I'm pretty sure Hamilton can.

LF Innings 1989 UZR/150 8.5
    CF Innings 3148 UZR/150 -9.6
    RF Innings 584 UZR/150 6.0

He has the arm and range to play RF.

And its always reported in the off season how great of shape players are getting into. I would also say there is no way he gets a qualifying offer. He seems to be viewed as a DH, although I think he could play 1B over a full season, and the contract David Ortiz got didnt even come out to more than 13.3M per year that is required to get a qualifying offer. If he is viewed as a full time 1B look at Adam LaRoche, he has consistently been a .335 OBP .480 SLG first basemen. He has also been a plus defender over the last 3 or 4 years. He didnt get a qualifying offer and hasnt even been talked about much this off season.
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    @JeffPassan: Source: Mets-Jays inching toward finish line. At least some players' medicals have been reviewed and OK'd. At this point, it's imminent.

And here are Jerry and Arte sitting on their hands at Hamiltons presser

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    @JeffPassan: Source: Mets-Jays inching toward finish line. At least some players' medicals have been reviewed and OK'd. At this point, it's imminent.

And here are Jerry and Arte sitting on their hands at Hamiltons presser
    We never had much of a chance. Mets reportedly rejected Gose-JPA, which would've been tough enough to match or beat, and this deal seems likely to include TDA. Prospect or not, I'd definitely say his trade value is above that of Trumbo or Bourjos. But, I guess we'll see what comes out. Looks like it could be a pretty large deal as well, not just Dickey for a prospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    one guy doesn't take you from yearly playoff conteder to the worst team in football

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter48MVP View Post
    I agree!

vCash
    I think everyone needs to just settle down, and let Hamilton be Hamilton. He's going to do his job. His press conference made me so much more comfortable having him on the team. Positive role model and doesn't let words of neigh sayers affect him. What more do you want eggs in your beer? Theres no need to worry team just needs to focus on dealing Bourjos or whoever they need to deal for another pitcher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    If Trumbo can play RF I'm pretty sure Hamilton can.

LF Innings 1989 UZR/150 8.5
    CF Innings 3148 UZR/150 -9.6
    RF Innings 584 UZR/150 6.0

He has the arm and range to play RF.

And its always reported in the off season how great of shape players are getting into. I would also say there is no way he gets a qualifying offer. He seems to be viewed as a DH, although I think he could play 1B over a full season, and the contract David Ortiz got didnt even come out to more than 13.3M per year that is required to get a qualifying offer. If he is viewed as a full time 1B look at Adam LaRoche, he has consistently been a .335 OBP .480 SLG first basemen. He has also been a plus defender over the last 3 or 4 years. He didnt get a qualifying offer and hasnt even been talked about much this off season.
    I'm thinking that if he repeats his 2009 year or at least comes close to it, he would likely get and decline a qualifying offer. If he's closer to last year, he wouldn't.

vCash
    A lot of it comes down to finances... Remember Bourjos is cheap and under team control longer... You have to pick and choose who is the best fit moving forward for the team and resources allocated. Keeping bourjos and his elite D and cheap salary makes more sense long term, rather than to keep Morales 1 year thn let him walk.

If I'm JeDi, I include a package of Morales and Conger/Richards for a low #2/ high #3 type pitcher (like Hellickson)
    Last edited by vladdy#27; 12-15-2012 at 08:13 PM.

L.A. Angels/ Atlanta Falcons/ Anaheim Ducks/ L.A. Clippers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    A lot of it comes down to finances... Remember Bourjos is cheap and under team control longer... You have to pick and choose who is the best fit moving forward for the team and resources allocated. Keeping bourjos and his elite D and cheap salary makes more sense long term, rather than to keep Morales 1 year thn let him walk.

If I'm JeDi, I include a package of Morales and Conger/Richards for a low #2/ high #3 type pitcher (like Hellickson)
    Agree 100%, unless we could extend Morales 3 years 25mil. Won't happen. Also continue the Trumbo at 3b experiment.

The only SP I would want would be from ATL - Degaldo, Minor, Medlen, or from Tampa. Atl is interested in Both Trumbo and Bourjos. Tampa Bourjos and Morales. Get something done.

vCash
    Is me medlen available?

vCash

Angels Prefer to Trade Morales and Wells

Now that the Josh Hamilton signing is official, the Angels’ next move — or moves — might not be what many in the industry expect.

The team prefers to keep outfielders Peter Bourjos and Mark Trumbo and trade designated hitter Kendrys Morales and outfielder Vernon Wells, according to major-league sources.

Though the Angels possibly could acquire a starting pitcher for Bourjos or Trumbo, they also might get a pitching piece back for Morales — and enhance their run prevention by fielding a stellar defensive outfield of Bourjos, Hamilton and Mike Trout, with Trumbo serving as the primary DH.

The Yankees, sources say, are among the possibilities for Wells — the teams discussed him at the winter meetings, and Wells could fill the Yankees’ need for a right-handed hitting outfielder.

To trade Wells, the Angels know that they must assume the vast majority of the $42 remaining on the final two years of his contract. Wells, 34, also has a full no-trade clause, but likely would waive it for the opportunity for more playing time elsewhere.

The Philadelphia Phillies and Tampa Bay Rays, according to sources, are among the other possible fits for Wells, who batted .230 last season with a .682 OPS in 262 plate appearances. The Phillies, however, have intensified their pursuit of free agent Cody Ross, who also remains a target of other clubs, sources say.

Morales, entering his free-agent year, could make sense for Tampa Bay, Cleveland and other clubs as a DH. After missing most of 2010 and all of 2011 with an ankle injury, he batted .273 last season with a .787 OPS in 522 plate appearances.

If the Angels keep Bourjos, their outfield could consist of three center fielders. Trout or Bourjos would likely play center, with the other in left and Hamilton in right. Trumbo also would be in the outfield at times; both he and Hamilton boast superior arms.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/l...morales-121512

vCash

Angels, Yankees Discussed Vernon Wells

The Angels have a few too many outfielders after signing Josh Hamilton, though they prefer to trade Kendrys Morales or Vernon Wells rather than Peter Bourjos or Mark Trumbo according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. The Yankees discussed Wells with Anaheim at the Winter Meetings.

Wells, 34, has hit .222/.258/.409 in 791 plate appearances with the Angels over the last two seasons. He's owed $21MM in each of the next two seasons, and the Halos know they'll have to eat most of that to facilitate a trade. The Yankees are seeking a right-handed bat to complement their all-lefty outfield, though they still have interest in free agent Scott Hairston. Wells has hit .266/.312/.481 against southpaws these last two years.

Rosenthal says the Phillies and Rays are also possible fits for Wells, though the former is ramping up their pursuit of Cody Ross. Wells has a full no-trade clause but would likely waive it for a team offering more playing time.
    Yes please

vCash
    Who would we get back for Wells from NY? David Wells?

vCash
    If/when the Jays get Dickey they have a very good team

RA Dickey
    Josh Johnson
    Brandon Morrow
    Mark Buehrle
    Ricky Romero

Jose Reyes
    Melky Cabrera
    Jose Bautista
    Edwin Encarnacion
    Brett Lawrie

That rotation is very good and deep. The top of that lineup is also very good. They also have a strong bullpen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo4life View Post
    Is me medlen available?
    Don't know but atl is deep with young hard throwing SPers. I am dreaming, as I believe he will become one of top SP in BB in the next three years.

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast