• Mike Trout 20 year deal

978,568 100.00%
Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by obie97 View Post
    Well who feels stupid now??
    everyone loves a gloater.

vCash
    I actually still stand by my comments in that thread!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by popo85 View Post
    Hellickson! wish they could pull a deal for him.
    He is a 2 or 3. We need him or Medlen from Atl

vCash
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=755814

I started this thread in August and everybody said I sound stupid. Well who feels stupid now??

On another note, which pitcher should the Angels go after? I say RA Dickey or David Price. Who exactly the Halos would trade, I would say Petey, Vernon, maybe even Maicer. But not Trumbo.
    Don't have enough for Price.

Where's GREINKE
    -SANTANA
    -HAREN
    That you projected in Aug. If we could have the Dodgers payroll it could have happen!

vCash

I started this thread in August and everybody said I sound stupid. Well who feels stupid now??

On another note, which pitcher should the Angels go after? I say RA Dickey or David Price. Who exactly the Halos would trade, I would say Petey, Vernon, maybe even Maicer. But not Trumbo.
    Maicer?? You mean Maicer Izturis of the Blue Jays? Don't go calling people stupid too soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanTD View Post
    True but morales will be lost after the season, and we control the other two. I am not saying keep them, just trade them for younger pitching. Both atl and Tampa have young SP. I am worried that we trade Trumbo and lose Ko Mo next year.
    True. However, KMo is almost certainly not going to bring much back. So, assuming we can lock him up(I really don't see why not, his demands can't be that much), we could trade one of the two for a starting pitcher and make the team better overall. Basically, let's say we hypothetically got Dickey, it's either KMo, Trumbo/Bourjos and Dickey, or Trumbo, Bourjos and whoever we get for KMo(probably some prospect). What would be better for the team going forward?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    one guy doesn't take you from yearly playoff conteder to the worst team in football

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VladTheImpaler View Post
    True. However, KMo is almost certainly not going to bring much back. So, assuming we can lock him up(I really don't see why not, his demands can't be that much), we could trade one of the two for a starting pitcher and make the team better overall. Basically, let's say we hypothetically got Dickey, it's either KMo, Trumbo/Bourjos and Dickey, or Trumbo, Bourjos and whoever we get for KMo(probably some prospect). What would be better for the team going forward?
    K Mo is represented by Scott Boras, the devil, and will make him test the market. I agree we should trade two of the three, and get back a stud SP. Hopefully young. Love to trade Wells for a mid level prospect, pay 60% of salary, and use the 8.5 million savings on Edwin Jackson.

vCash
    i have no problem keeping K-MO for the year then letting him walk and getting draft picks back, we have given up quite a few draft picks the last couple years and were going to need to get some back.

vCash
    Also, Vegas has LAA at 15-2 odds to win the world series.

vCash

Most people said you sounded stupid because you had the Angels signing Greinke AND Hamilton.

vCash
    what does everyone think of Rick Porcello, I know that he is expendable.

vCash

Phillies To Sign Mike Adams

Source: Adams in agreement with #Phillies on two-year, $12M deal with vesting option. Pending physical.
    https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...48840151445504

rather have Brian Wilson anyways

The Future is NOW!

vCash
    Thoughts on Hamilton. Seems to never stay healthy, puts up monster numbers, played in hitters park. What will we get? Hope the cooler weather helps keeping him from breaking down, the same end results on the numbers, but over more games played. Something like 290 40 120

vCash
    In the wake of the Josh Hamilton signing, Kendrys Morales could be a good fit for the Rays as a switch-hitting DH with power and on-base skills. ESPN's Jim Bowden reports (on Twitter) that multiple AL teams are "in play" for Morales.
    Not that I want to trade Morales, but trading him makes the most sense.

He is a free agent after the season. We are not going to re-sign him. He is going to cost the most in 2013. Trumbo was better than him last season. We need cost controlled guys going forward when Pujols/Hamilton/Weaver/Wilson are taking up one half of our payroll.

SS Aybar
    LF Trout
    1B Pujols
    RF Hamilton
    DH Trumbo
    2B Kendrick
    C Iannetta
    3B Callaspo
    CF Bourjos

If the Rays would do something like Alex Cobb or Chris Archer for him I would probably pull the trigger
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Can Hamilton actually play right field? And I'm starting to have my doubts about trading Kendrys. It was reported earlier this off-season that he's getting in better shape and I think, being that it's his contract year, he'll likely have more incentive to perform at a premium level. His trade value is low right now and I think there's a chance he could end up being a player we would offer a qualifying offer to next year. Not that we would necessarily try to re-sign him, but we could get draft pick compensation for him. As much as I hate it, I think Bourjos is the right person to trade. If we trade him we wouldn't have to move Trout or Hamilton out of their primary positions. Additionally, I think Trumbo and Morales are better fits for our current lineup.