5 0.00%
  • Relief Pitching

7 0.00%
  • Mike Trout 20 year deal

978,568 100.00%
Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by st1999 View Post
    shields and wade davis trqaded to kc for wil myers and three prospects.
    I told everyone that we won't get Shields.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Wow, that's a hell of a package! Our whole farm combined can't compete with that

I'm hoping Dipoto contacts Anibal Sanchez's agent and manages to get him signed. If he doesn't sign him, Marcum or Jackson, I'll seriously start questioning how good of a GM he really is.
    I think we will be contacting either Marcum or Jackson because Sanchez will be overpaid and will cost us a draft pick. I mean the Angels need those picks to rebuild their farm.

vCash
    Why do you think every pitcher out there is gonna cost us a draft pick?

He was not given a qualifying offer. Of the starting pitchers left in free agency, ONLY Lohse would cost us a draft pick. At this point, Dipoto shouldn't be worried about "over paying." He will sign cheaper than Greinke, and he and Greinke have been very similar pitchers for the last three years. Sanchez is way more bang for the buck and he would be the perfect #3 pitcher behind Wilson to make up for the weak 4 and 5 spots in our rotation.

Anibal Sanchez:
    2010 IP 195 BB 70 K 157 WAR 2.9 ERA 3.55 WHIP 1.34
    2011 IP 196.1 BB 64 K 202 WAR 3.5 ERA 3.67 WHIP 1.28
    2012 IP 195.2 BB 48 K 167 WAR 2.6 ERA 3.86 WHIP 1.27

Zack Greinke:
    2010 IP 220 BB 55 K 181 WAR 3.2 ERA 4.17 WHIP 1.25
    2011 IP 171.2 BB 45 K 201 WAR 1.4 ERA 3.83 WHIP 1.20
    2012 IP 212.2 BB 54 K 200 WAR 3.3 ERA 3.48 WHIP 1.20

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Why do you think every pitcher out there is gonna cost us a draft pick?

He was not given a qualifying offer. Of the starting pitchers left in free agency, ONLY Lohse would cost us a draft pick. At this point, Dipoto shouldn't be worried about "over paying." He will sign cheaper than Greinke, and he and Greinke have been very similar pitchers for the last three years. Sanchez is way more bang for the buck and he would be the perfect #3 pitcher behind Wilson to make up for the weak 4 and 5 spots in our rotation.

Anibal Sanchez:
    2010 IP 195 BB 70 K 157 WAR 2.9 ERA 3.55 WHIP 1.34
    2011 IP 196.1 BB 64 K 202 WAR 3.5 ERA 3.67 WHIP 1.28
    2012 IP 195.2 BB 48 K 167 WAR 2.6 ERA 3.86 WHIP 1.27

Zack Greinke:
    2010 IP 220 BB 55 K 181 WAR 3.2 ERA 4.17 WHIP 1.25
    2011 IP 171.2 BB 45 K 201 WAR 1.4 ERA 3.83 WHIP 1.20
    2012 IP 212.2 BB 54 K 200 WAR 3.3 ERA 3.48 WHIP 1.20
    I'm sure his agent is trying to sell that perspective to many teams. The last report I read about Sanchez was that he had multiple 5 year offers. I'm not sure I would commit 5 years to Sanchez in spite of the fact he's only 28. I wouldn't mind him if he's relatively cheap though.

vCash
    I don't think he will necessarily come "cheap" but he sure as hell will come cheaper than Greinke.

It's an investment that Dipoto and Moreno should be willing to make to back up last year's offseason.

Because without further investment this season, I doubt Arte's investment in Pujols and Wilson will be worth it. We need a stronger rotation to compete for a Championship, and Championships make those investments worth it. It's a cycle.

vCash
    I think our offseason is pretty much done. MAYBE another relief pitcher but that doesn't even seem likely

As it stands we have 39/40 on our 40 man roster normally you want to leave at least one spot if someone shines in spring training. There are guys that can easily be taken off though. The only way we sign a bigger name guy is if he waits till around spring training to sign. Like Abreu back in the 08/09 offseason, and Edwin Jackson last offseason (I believe)

If Jackson or Marcum is sitting out there in late January early February I could see us offering a one year deal somewhere between 7M-10M. But with the way the pitching is being treated I doubt it.

I also really really don't expect anything offensively. Dipoto has said a couple times that he is content with what we have.
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    That Royals/Rays trade was so stupid for the Royals.

Even if they were World Series contenders that would be a stupid trade
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    We have taken one step forward and two back, DePoto needs to add a solid SP and RP . Plan on a busy summer for the pen and at least two SP missing a few starts. He talks about depth, and we need it with what he has picked up, just filling spots. Now surprise me and bring on Sanchez! Then we will have a little depth.

This off season has sucked. If Tex loses Hamilton the hits we have taken will be lessen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanTD View Post
    We have taken one step forward and two back, DePoto needs to add a solid SP and RP . Plan on a busy summer for the pen and at least two SP missing a few starts. He talks about depth, and we need it with what he has picked up, just filling spots. Now surprise me and bring on Sanchez! Then we will have a little depth.

This off season has sucked. If Tex loses Hamilton the hits we have taken will be lessen.
    We need to add another RP? Dipoto went out and added Burnett and Madson. Did you miss that or something? Did you want him to sign 14 RP's this offseason? I think he did a great job of bolstering the bullpen.

This off season was not as bad as people are making it out to be. Did you really expect the Angels to sign Greinke at that price? No way. They bolstered the bullpen and added a few SP's and could still add one more.

Some fans need to get a better grip on things. The Angels missing out on one free agent that was extremely over paid does not make this "the worst offseason ever," or even a bad one at that.

vCash
    Now that Grienke didn't sign with the Rangers, and if they don't bring back Hamilton, we might only be 10 games back of them by the end of next year! My grade for this offseason is C-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjaymes23 View Post
    We need to add another RP? Dipoto went out and added Burnett and Madson. Did you miss that or something? Did you want him to sign 14 RP's this offseason? I think he did a great job of bolstering the bullpen.

This off season was not as bad as people are making it out to be. Did you really expect the Angels to sign Greinke at that price? No way. They bolstered the bullpen and added a few SP's and could still add one more.

Some fans need to get a better grip on things. The Angels missing out on one free agent that was extremely over paid does not make this "the worst offseason ever," or even a bad one at that.

Let's see. We downgraded our sp big Time. Lost hunter. We get rp recovering from an injury and one solid rp.

So basically either way we worse then last year when we didn't make the playoffs.
    So we had great offseason

WS here we come
    Lol
    Last edited by Halo4life; 12-10-2012 at 06:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo4life View Post
    chomping of injury
    he must have been very hungry.

vCash
    I think if we sign Sanchez, our team and rotation would be a whole lot better. I would only go as high as 5yr 73M for Sanchez. That's only because the pitching market is ridiculous.
    MIKE TROUT FOR MVP!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halopower31 View Post
    I think if we sign Sanchez, our team and rotation would be a whole lot better. I would only go as high as 5yr 73M for Sanchez. That's only because the pitching market is ridiculous.
    Jim Bowden (who said we would win 2 WS in the next 5 years last offseason) said on the radio today that if we don't add a starter to slot in to 2 or 3, we are looking at 3rd place.

Not an exact quote, but that's basically what he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Halopower31 View Post
    Jim Bowden (who said we would win 2 WS in the next 5 years last offseason) said on the radio today that if we don't add a starter to slot in to 2 or 3, we are looking at 3rd place.

Not an exact quote, but that's basically what he said.
    He's wrong. People seem to forget that the Angels were the best team in baseball from May till the end of the season. What sank us last year was April and the A's. I don't think the A's will repeat and I'm pretty sure we won't have a repeat of last April. I think all we should do is sign a right handed reliever and then wait and see what happens with the rotation during the season. If we need an upgrade, we'll trade for one. What I'd really like us to do is sign Youkilis to a one year deal to be the stop gap for Kaleb Cowart. I understand that Callaspo's defense outweighs Youkilis's but I think Youkilis would look good batting either second or sixth in our lineup.

Edit: this is if the Rangers don't make major additions.
    Last edited by GA16Angels; 12-10-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast