5 0.00%
  • Relief Pitching

7 0.00%
  • Mike Trout 20 year deal

978,568 100.00%
Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezombie View Post
    How do you guys see the rotation shaping up?
    If you can throw above 80 MPH, you might be our third starter.

vCash
    I can be the next CC Sabathia. Or Bartolo Colon. Sign me! I threw 85-90 in High School!

vCash
    Any chance the Angels get Haren back along with someone like Marcum and then go after Hamilton with the rest of the money they saved on not going after Greinke? Then they have an option to trade either Bourjos or Kendrys or Wells (for peanuts).

vCash
    @LAAngelsBB: Arguing with myself about whether the Angels should non-tender Jerome Williams:

Williams retweeted this

But seriously how could you possibly think of non tendering Williams with the state of our rotation
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    I get the idea of people wanting Hamilton, but I don't really see us having a good enough package around Bourjos/Trumbo to get a guy like a Hellickson or Shields.
    MIKE TROUT FOR MVP!!!!!

vCash
    Vladdy who do you think they go after now for starting pitching?

vCash
    What a wasted trade. Tex all over again

vCash
    And look what happened after tex found morales and Trumbo.

Does anyone know how much they signed Madson for?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjaymes23 View Post
    It's not like Segura had any future with us anyway and Hellweg and Pena likely wont be very good even if they make the majors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halopower31 View Post
    I get the idea of people wanting Hamilton, but I don't really see us having a good enough package around Bourjos/Trumbo to get a guy like a Hellickson or Shields.
    I'm on the fence about signing Hamilton. I really don't want the Angels to lose their first round draft pick so I would probably stay away from the guys that turned down qualifying offers.

I dont trust Trumbo and would prefer not to have him in our everyday lineup, but I guess he isnt the worst option.

Quote Originally Posted by popo85 View Post
    Vladdy who do you think they go after now for starting pitching?
    I would cross Lohse and Anibal Sanchez off the list. Lohse isnt as good as his numbers suggest, and Sanchez is going to get more than hes worth. If Sanchez would take 5 years/70M I would consider him.

Guys I would give consideration or I think the Angels would give consideration and the max I would offer them.

Good #2-3 pitcher

Anibal Sanchez 5 years/70M

Sanchez is very comparable to Wilson, so he should get around what Wilson got. But he is younger so he will probably get more which is why I would pass. He is clearly the second best guy on the free agent market.

Pitchers on the rebound

Dallas Braden 1 year/5M
    Dan Haren 1 year/7M
    Brandon McCarthy 1 year/7M

These guys are low risk high reward type guys. Haren is the best out of this group.

Good #4-5 guys/Innings Eaters

Joe Saunders 2 years/14M
    Edwin Jackson 2 years/24M
    Shuan Marcum 2 years/24M
    Ryan Dempster 2 years/18M

These guys are all solid pitchers, but dont belong in the front of a rotation. Marcum doesnt really belong in this category, but his numbers are comparable (aside from the innings)

Not very good, but rumored to us in the past.

Kevin Correia 1 year/5M
    Francisco Liriano 1 year/5M

Both of these guys were rumored to us last year, arent very good but Correia and Liriano are better than Williams and Liriano has nice upside.

Trade Options

These guys are all free agents at the end of the year

AJ Burnett: Pirates probably wont trade him, we wanted him before this year though (Unlikely)
    Gavin Floyd: White Sox probably wont trade him (Unlikely)
    Matt Garza: The Cubs will trade him at some point (Extremely Unlikely)
    Jeff Karstens: Again Pirates are going to try and contend so probably wont trade him (More likely but unlikely)
    John Lannan: Rumored to us last year, Nats are supposed to be shopping him (Likely)
    Ricky Nolasco: He is better than his numbers suggest. Dipoto type pitcher (controls count). (Likely)
    Edinson Volquez: Probably wont be traded until deadline

I see us signing Sanchez as a long shot. Next I would like Nolasco most, but we dont have much to trade.

I see one guy from the "Good #4-5 guys/Innings Eaters" and then one from the "Pitchers on the rebound" or "Not very good". Trades are unlikely but Nolasco and Lannan are the more likely of the options. If we do make a trade Nolasco would replace "Good #4-5" free agent signing. Lannan would replace "Pitcher on Rebound"/"Not Very Good" free agent signing

Quote Originally Posted by kingjaymes23 View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20

Quote Originally Posted by SeWwEwW View Post
    Does anyone know how much they signed Madson for?
    We will know tomorrow
    Last edited by vladdy#27; 11-28-2012 at 02:57 AM.

vCash
    Vladdy as far as Nolasco is concerned, he is a guy with a career mid 4 era in a pitchers park facing no dh, making like 10 mill, i know you said we don't have much to trade, but i doubt it takes a lot to get him. not that i would want him.

As far as guys to trade for, if the dodgers keep bringing in pitchers, they are going to have too many, and i don't think it will take much to get aaron harang or ted lilly or chris capuano.

vCash
    3.5 mil guaranteed with 6 mil likely I say major steal for the angels and Madson.

vCash
    @Alden_Gonzalez: Dipoto on the bullpen: "I don't think we're done by any stretch."

Fuji too!!!

@MikeDiGiovanna: #Angels GM Jerry Dipoto on whather he wants to add more to pen: "You're always looking to get better. We're not done by any stretch."

@MikeDiGiovanna: #Angels GM Jerry Dipoto would not, however, say whether he was still pursuing Japanese closer Kyuji Fukijawa.

I think we are
    Last edited by vladdy#27; 11-28-2012 at 03:22 PM.

vCash
    I hope we are.

vCash
    @MikeDiGiovanna: Word out of Japan is the reliever Kyuji Fujikawa prefers to pitch for #Angels or #Cubs but hasn't ruled out #Diamondbacks.

Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast