• 3rd Basemen

5 0.00%
  • Relief Pitching

7 0.00%
  • Mike Trout 20 year deal

978,568 100.00%
Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Wow, adding Fujikawa and Madson would (hopefully) DRASTICALLY improve our bullpen!

vCash
    With Grenkie expected to get a record payday - i say we move on to 2nd tier SPs now before they get priced out of our range. Shore up the bullpen with Madsen and the asian closer and re-evaluate next season.

vCash
    Damn Longoria is going to be a Ray for life
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Is there any chance of re-signing Haren? I have not kept up with everything, but I feel like a healthy Haren could be an asset for this team and would be a great #3. The Angels could sign Haren, Madson, Fukijawa, and another SP for the same amount as Greinke alone. Which would you rather have? I love Greinke, but signing him would most likely be the only signing of the offseason and the Angels need bullpen help and another SP.

vCash
    Unfamiliar with Madson, but he was a power pitcher, I'd pass. After TJ surgery, you lose at least 2-3 mph off your pitches, possibly more.

I'd resign Haren if he's given a clean bill of health. Anything less, and I'd pass.

I'm all in on Fukijawa. Dominant pitcher and never has had an injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Suns4ever67 View Post
    Unfamiliar with Madson, but he was a power pitcher, I'd pass. After TJ surgery, you lose at least 2-3 mph off your pitches, possibly more.

I'd resign Haren if he's given a clean bill of health. Anything less, and I'd pass.

I'm all in on Fukijawa. Dominant pitcher and never has had an injury.
    Yeah do the Angels really need both Fukijawa AND Madson? I feel like they just need one to be the closer and then shift Frieri to the 8th inning and Downs to the 7th or the other way around. That would be a formidable bullpen. Just would need the starters to throw 6 good innings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjaymes23 View Post
    Yeah do the Angels really need both Fukijawa AND Madson? I feel like they just need one to be the closer and then shift Frieri to the 8th inning and Downs to the 7th or the other way around. That would be a formidable bullpen. Just would need the starters to throw 6 good innings.
    It really depends on how much you trust the other guys in the pen, Frieri Downs, Jepsen, and Walden.

Downs has regressed over each of the last three seasons.

IP 61.1 FIP 3.03 K/9 7.0 BB/9 2.1 WHIP .995 (2010)
    IP 53.2 FIP 3.29 K/9 5.9 BB/9 2.5 WHIP 1.006 (2011)
    IP 45.2 FIP 3.66 K/9 6.3 BB/9 3.4 WHIP 1.314 (2012)

He went down for an extend period of time two separate times last season (if I recall correctly) he will be 37 next season so I would assume we can expect more of the same.

Jepsen was excellent after his second call up, but was garbage in 2011. I feel fairly confident that he will have a year somewhere in between 2010 and 2012

With the way Walden throws he is an injury waiting to happen. If he is healthy he is a good pitcher, probably better than a lot of us think. But I believe he is a big question mark healthy wise.

Frieri was amazing for the first two months after we got him, then he went to **** for two months, and then back to being dominate. Looking at his numbers from 2011 he experienced a similar two month span where he went to complete ****.

The only way we sign Madson is on a cheap 1 year deal, then he will be gone next season when he becomes too expensive for Dipoto who doesnt want to spend a lot on relievers. Fujikawa is more of a long term option. Having a bullpen that is too good is not a bad thing. The only reason I wouldn't want to sign both guys is if it prevented us from upgrading our rotation, and I just dont see that being the case.

vCash
    Brian Wilson has saved 171 games for the Giants dating back to 2006, but now, following his Tommy John surgery earlier this year, it appears likely that he'll be non-tendered, according to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle.

As Schulman notes, teams must pay arbitration-eligible players at least 80 percent of their previous salary, which would mean the minimum offer the Giants can make Wilson is $6.8MM. That's a hefty price tag for a closer coming off Tommy John, even if he was elite at his peak. The Giants would like to non-tender Wilson and re-sign him to a one-year deal with a lower base salary, but Wilson isn't as open to that scenario.

In addition to his 171 saves, Wilson has earned three All-Star bids and anchored the bullpen for the Giants' 2010 World Series victory, Over the course of 320 career innings, he's pitched to a 3.21 ERA with 9.6 K/9 and 4.0 BB/9. Wilson appeared in only two games this season, gutting out a save in his final appearance despite the damaged ligament in his arm.
    Another option for the pen, I'd take him over Madson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    Another option for the pen, I'd take him over Madson
    I'm the opposite, I can't stand Wilson's personality and his home/road splits weren't very pretty in 2011. Also his walk rate has always been way too high for my liking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    I'm the opposite, I can't stand Wilson's personality and his home/road splits weren't very pretty in 2011. Also his walk rate has always been way too high for my liking.
    Ya in the interviews I've seen of him I think hes hilarious.

The home/road splits for 2011 are just a fluke over his career they're pretty similar

G 167 ERA 3.32 FIP 2.89 (Home)
    G 148 ERA 3.07 FIP 3.31 (Road)

2011 and 2006 (rookie year) his walk rates were really bad. But in his other 4 seasons (07-10) he averaged 3.4 BB/9 pretty good for a guy that strikes out 10+ per 9.

Another advantage for Wilson is he doesnt have an agent name Scott Boras, although I assume both will receive similar deals for 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    Ya in the interviews I've seen of him I think hes hilarious.

The home/road splits for 2011 are just a fluke over his career they're pretty similar

G 167 ERA 3.32 FIP 2.89 (Home)
    G 148 ERA 3.07 FIP 3.31 (Road)

2011 and 2006 (rookie year) his walk rates were really bad. But in his other 4 seasons (07-10) he averaged 3.4 BB/9 pretty good for a guy that strikes out 10+ per 9.

Another advantage for Wilson is he doesnt have an agent name Scott Boras, although I assume both will receive similar deals for 2013
    I too would like Wilson instead of Madosn jut because he is a great presence in the club house with his personality, when healthy he can be the best closer in the game, and I'm almost positive that will be ready for opening day.

But I highly doubt he leaves the Giants after the just won the World Series, but it all depends if the Giants feel that they need him or not because they replaced him nicely.
    MIKE TROUT FOR MVP!!!!!

vCash
    Angels close to 1 yr deal deal with Madson. -Mlb trade rumors

vCash
    How do you guys see the rotation shaping up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezombie View Post
    How do you guys see the rotation shaping up?
    Open tryouts? Maybe send some scouts to a fat policeman's beer ball league?

vCash
    i read a rumor on mlbtr that the angels are out of the greinke running. cause hes priced homsef out of our price range. i say good go after haren and one or two more sp. or hamilton ad haren and sp

Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast