5 0.00%
  • Relief Pitching

7 0.00%
  • Mike Trout 20 year deal

978,568 100.00%
Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    What would you want from the Ms for Trumbo?

Id say right now that the Big 3 are off the table
    I would like to get Paxton for him. A trade within divisions is highly unlikely though

Quote Originally Posted by SeWwEwW View Post
    If you say those for the trade who would possibly be traded to get a third basemen. The only thing I see is that Chavez may be fragile. But at this rate I'm lost to see who the angels might pick up this off season
    If we kept Callaspo around it wouldnt really matter, plus we have Luis Jimenez waiting in Triple-A

Quote Originally Posted by st1999 View Post
    ken rosenthal says on mlbtr sinve the trade of santana and the release of haren. the chance of the angels signing greinke has gone down significantly.
    Not quite.

Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports says the Angels have lost leverage against Zack Greinke following the trade of Ervin Santana and the declining of Dan Haren's option. GM Jerry Dipoto still has plenty of time and pitching options available to him at this point of the offseason, however.
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    king felix is the only guy possible other than ackley. i dont know many ms players other than thoe two and figgins.
    Felix for Trumbo? Are you nuts?
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    yes. thats besides the point.
    with morales
    for Ackley, Seager and Montero.
    or
    Ackley, Montero and gutierrez.

vCash
    That is a horrible deal. I think you are overrating your players. Both are defensive liabilities, or at least limited. And you want us to give up our 3 best young hitters for them? C'mon man.

Anyone else a little less homerish?

vCash
    That is a horrible deal. I think you are overrating your players. Both are defensive liabilities, or at least limited. And you want us to give up our 3 best young hitters for them? C'mon man.

Anyone else a little less homerish?
    Yah, that'd be an absolutely terrible deal for you. For Trumbo, I'd be interested in Carter Capps, Alex Liddi, and Blake Beavan or Erasmo Ramirez. Or if you were feeling extra generous, Carter Capps and Kyle Seager for Trumbo.

vCash
    yes. thats besides the point.
    with morales
    for Ackley, Seager and Montero.
    or
    Ackley, Montero and gutierrez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    Yah, that'd be an absolutely terrible deal for you. For Trumbo, I'd be interested in Carter Capps, Alex Liddi, and Blake Beavan or Erasmo Ramirez. Or if you were feeling extra generous, Carter Capps and Kyle Seager for Trumbo.
    I would definitely do Capps, Liddi and Beavan, and most likely Capps, Liddi and Ramirez.

Not loving the Seager one tho lol.

vCash

Angels in talks Wells for Lackey?

The Angels are shopping Vernon Wells in an effort to clear some of the $42MM still owed to him. The Halos have tried to start talks with the Red Sox and would like to get John Lackey back, but the Sox are curious to see what Lackey looks like after Tommy John surgery.
    http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/1...e9L/story.html

The Future is NOW!

vCash

Angels interested in Vicente "Frog Face" Padilla

The Red Sox would like to re-sign Vicente Padilla, but he is on the radar of a few teams, including the Angels, who are desperately looking to retool their bullpen. Padilla ran out of gas late in the year but turned in a decent year in total.
    Please No

The Future is NOW!

vCash
    I just saw this, it sounds like the biggest load of

Vernon Wells, OF, Angels He is being shopped to anyone and everyone, with the Angels willing to eat a lot of the $42 million he is owed. Wells, who will turn 34 in December, never panned out in LA. Worse, he has shown very little passion for baseball. The Red Sox are one team the Angels have tried to start talks with; the Angels would love to get John Lackey back, but the Sox are intrigued by what Lackey might look like after Tommy John surgery.
    How has he shown very little passion for baseball? He finished the season close to his career numbers, after losing his starting spot, after coming back from an injury, and after not getting regular playing time. If anything that shows his passion for the game.

Wells numbers Aug 11-Sep 30 (G 33 GS 25)

Avg .250 OBP .317 SLG .446
    Avg .273 OBP .321 SLG .467 (career)

And then it says we would love to have Lackey back? Maybe we would take him back in a swap for Wells, but love to have him back? I dont think so

Maybe its just because its a writer from Boston

vCash
    I would definitely do Capps, Liddi and Beavan, and most likely Capps, Liddi and Ramirez.

Not loving the Seager one tho lol.
    Actually, I'm looking at Capp's and Beavan's home/road splits and they're terrible. In fact, almost all of your pitchers have terrible splits which should be cause for concern since you guys are moving the fences in. The only reliever who I would be interested in is Tom Wilhelmsen. So the deals I would be interested in are Tom Wilhelmson + Erasmo Ramirez+ Alex Liddi for Trumbo or Tom Wilhelmson + Kyle Seager for Mark Trumbo.

vCash
    no chance in hell i want slackey back. not after the crap he said and pulled off after he left us. sorry he burned that bridge on coming back to angels.

vCash
    no chance in hell i want slackey back. not after the crap he said and pulled off after he left us. sorry he burned that bridge on coming back to angels.
    So you don't want John Lackey even if it means we get rid of Wells? I don't understand that at all. We need pitching, we don't need outfielders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    Actually, I'm looking at Capp's and Beavan's home/road splits and they're terrible. In fact, almost all of your pitchers have terrible splits which should be cause for concern since you guys are moving the fences in. The only reliever who I would be interested in is Tom Wilhelmsen. So the deals I would be interested in are Tom Wilhelmson + Erasmo Ramirez+ Alex Liddi for Trumbo or Tom Wilhelmson + Kyle Seager for Mark Trumbo.
    Aside from his ERA, Capps' numbers on the road arent much different, so its likely fluky

BAA/OBP/SLG/OPS .259/.355/.315/.670 H/9 9.0 K/9 10.9
    BAA/OBP/SLG/OPS .262/.304/.357/.661 H/9 9.0 K/9 9.0

He's a young guy that throws very hard, I like him.

There is about a 0.1% chance we trade him to the M's though

vCash
    Wilhelmsen by him self would be all. No way him and Erasmo or Seager.

Capps has very little time, and he throws heat. I wouldn't worry about him.

Not worried about the fences either. It will still be a pitchers park. Plus the young guys can handle it. I hate when people ( mainly our fans) think we are screwed now or something. If they need the most extreme pitchers park on the league to succeed, they shouldn't be here.
    Last edited by jej; 11-04-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast